• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

Swerve

Whose House?!
I'm coming to grips with the fact that we probably aren't catching the Mets for the Division. Just look at the strength of remaining schedules. Maybe we will beat them in the playoffs when Ozzie is healthy.

Last edited:

Doom

La Bestia

Chicago White Sox manager Tony La Russa out indefinitely with unspecified medical issue, source confirms​

ESPN

Chicago White Sox manager Tony La Russa is out indefinitely with an unspecified medical issue, a source confirmed to ESPN's Jesse Rogers.

Bench coach Miguel Cairo will manage the White Sox on an interim basis while La Russa undergoes further testing, the source told Rogers.

USA Today Sports first reported Wednesday that La Russa was out indefinitely.

Cairo said after Tuesday's loss to the Kansas City Royals that the White Sox hoped to learn more about La Russa's status Wednesday.

"We are going to keep him in our thoughts and hopefully everything is fine," Cairo said.

La Russa's absence initially was announced about one hour before the first pitch of Tuesday's game. The Hall of Famer showed no signs of health issues during his pregame session with reporters and while talking to Chicago general manager Rick Hahn.

I do hope everything goes well for La Russa.