• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

Doom

La Bestia
Jansen's a good addition to the team. With him and Will Smith as relief pitcher, maybe one of the pitchers can be the middle relief pitcher and bring the other out, vice versa.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor

LET'S FUCKING GO!! Finally two great Players, with a better Bullpen now, but come on Phils I need me a Pitcher or two to the Rotation.

Doom

La Bestia

LET'S FUCKING GO!! Finally two great Players, with a better Bullpen now, but come on Phils I need me a Pitcher or two to the Rotation.

Nice acquisition by your team to grab him.

That means the battling lineup is getting stronger, having him and Schwarber on the team. That's a positive for your Phils, HoHo.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Nice acquisition by your team to grab him.

That means the battling lineup is getting stronger, having him and Schwarber on the team. That's a positive for your Phils, HoHo.

Yeah I needed this to happen. The NL East is about to be one heck of a Season to watch with all these Moves in the Division.

Doom

La Bestia

Sources: Miami Marlins get Jorge Soler on three-year, $36 million deal​

ESPN

The Miami Marlins and outfielder Jorge Soler reached agreement on a three-year, $36 million contract, sources confirmed with ESPN's Jeff Passan on Saturday.

Soler's deal includes opt-outs after the first two seasons, sources said. If he opts out, Soler would hit free agency again at age 31 next winter.

A bit player during the Chicago Cubs' drought-smashing victory over Cleveland five years ago, Soler was voted MVP of Atlanta's six-game World Series win over the Astros. Soler hit .300 with three home runs and six RBIs.

Soler's three Series home runs matched the most for the Braves, equaling Hank Aaron in 1957, Lonnie Smith in 1991 and Ryan Klesko in 1995.

Soler had a Cuban flag draped around him during the celebration, the second World Series MVP from the island nation after the Marlins' Livan Hernandez in 1997.

After defecting from Cuba in 2011, Soler agreed to a $30 million, nine-year contract with the Cubs. He was just 2 for 5 with a walk in the 2016 Series and was dealt to Kansas City that September for reliever Wade Davis.

Soler led American League batters with 48 home runs in 2019 -- and also with 178 strikeouts. With Atlanta seeking replacements for its depleted outfield, the out-of-contention Royals dealt the 29-year-old on July 30 last season for minor league right-hander Kaley Kalich.

MLB Network was first to report news of Soler's agreement with Miami.