The Official 2024 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
There's some MLB news going around:

Trevor Bauer, the 2020 National League Cy Young Award winner, has agreed to join the Los Angeles Dodgers, with the California native announcing his move in a YouTube video Friday.

Bauer and the Dodgers are in agreement on a three-year, $102 million deal that has opt-outs after Years 1 and 2, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan. Bauer is set to make $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in 2022, sources said.
The Dodgers batting lineup is STACKED! I'm still a little bitters of the Braves losing in the NLCS to them, but with the roster they got they may have a chance to repeat as World Series champs.

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves are bringing back Marcell Ozuna, signing the slugger to a $64 million, four-year contract.

The Braves announced the deal for the 2020 NL home run and RBI leader on Friday night, less than two weeks before pitchers and catchers are set to report for spring training. The contract includes a fifth-year club option for $16 million that would take it to $80 million with a $1 million buyout, which would yield Ozuna $65 million in guaranteed money.
Great signing by the Bravos to keep Ozuna for four more seasons. We needed him back.

Second baseman Jonathan Schoop has re-signed with the with the Detroit Tigers on a one-year deal, the team announced Friday.

Sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan that the deal is worth $4.5 million.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Here's some news going around in the world of baseball:

Left-hander James Paxton is returning to the Seattle Mariners after an injury-filled second season with the New York Yankees.

Paxton and the Mariners are in agreement on a one-year, $8.5 million deal, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan on Saturday. The contract includes reachable bonuses that could take its value up to $10 million, sources said.

Paxton, 32, was 41-26 with a 3.42 ERA for the Mariners from 2013 to 2018, striking out 617 and walking 168 in 582⅓ innings. He was traded to the Yankees in November 2018 for a top prospect, left-hander Justus Sheffield, along with outfielder Dom Thompson-Williams and right-hander Erik Swanson.

I really hope Paxton plays a full season after a horrendous 2020 season.

Third baseman Justin Turner is staying put with the Los Angeles Dodgers, he announced Saturday on Twitter.

Turner's deal is for two years and $34 million guaranteed, and it includes a club option for a third year, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

That's great for the Dodgers to retain Turner. He's a big part of team.

NEW YORK -- Outfielder Jay Bruce agreed Saturday to a minor league contract with the New York Yankees and will try to win a job at big league spring training.

The 33-year-old has an opportunity as a left-handed bat in a primarily right-handed lineup. The Yankees' outfield features switch-hitter center fielder Aaron Hicks and right-handed-hitting right fielder Aaron Judge.

Clint Frazier, another right-handed hitter, is the top candidate for left field, with Michael Tauchman and Tyler Wade, both left-handed hitters, also contenders but more likely to spend time as backups.

Brett Gardner became a free agent and is talking to the Yankees, but the team and the 37-year-old left-handed hitter have been apart on money. Gardner joined the Yankees in 2008 and had been their longest-tenured player.

Bruce hit .198 with six homers and 14 RBIs for Philadelphia in 96 at-bats during the pandemic-shortened season. He is a three-time All-Star with a .245 average, 318 home runs and 948 RBI during 13 big league seasons with the Reds (2008-15), the Mets (2016-18), Indians (2018), Mariners (2019) and Phillies.

Last edited:

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. and the San Diego Padres reached agreement on a 14-year, $340 million contract extension, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

The $340 million extension is the third-largest contract handed out in MLB history, trailing only Mike Trout's $426.5 million extension over 12 years with the Angels and Mookie Betts' $365 million extension over 12 years with the Dodgers.

Tatis, 22, made the All-MLB First Team and won a Silver Slugger award after hitting .277 with 17 home runs and 45 RBIs in the pandemic-shortened 2020 season. He finished fourth in the NL MVP voting.

As a rookie in 2019, Tatis hit .317/.379/.590 with 22 homers and 53 RBIs.
14 years?! The Padres want to keep him for life with that, along with Manny Machado signing a 10-year $300 million in 2019. The organization's thinking extremely high with their contracts and the money they're paying them. That's flat-out insane!

Last edited:

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He’s getting that Cameron Grimes money

Good for him and good on the Padres for paying their talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
These baseball contrats :DEAD:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:drphil

That is a lot of money to invest in a player, especially for 14 years. They obviously are in championship mode, but if they don't even sniff the World Series by the time Machado's contract is up, it might cause a lot of problems between the team and Tatis.

Reactions: Chris and Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like Tatis a lot tho so I'm happy for him at least lol

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Tatis JR right now. Great job getting that job homie hopefully I can get you in Fantasy Baseball this Year.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
A 14 year contract is absolutely insane.

When his contract is up Bobby Bonilla will still be owed one more payment from the Mets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Very happy about this, he makes the game so much fun to watch. Well worth the investment

I suppose it’s safe for me to get his jersey now

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Baseball season starts next Thursday guys. Can't wait!

I think the Braves have high expectations coming in the season. The addition of pitcher Charlie Morton gives us some needed fire power in the rotation with Sean Newcomb, Max Fried and Mike Soroka. Marcell Ozuna staying with the organization instead of going elsewhere, was a smart move by him, giving the Braves some chances to put players on base and a chance to score. I think they're ready to take on all comers this season.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I have little to no expectations for my Phillies this Season. I'm happy to have JT still on the Team and the Team itself is the same pretty much as last Season, but it's going to come down to two factors for us. One factor outside of Wheeler and Nola, who steps up for their Starting Pitching this Season if they can get a better output they'll have a shot to do some things. The Bullpen needs....needs to help the Phils. If you can't trust The Bullpen to save a game or fix things when it's not going well for you than it's going to be another long ass Season for me.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever