The Official 2024 College Football Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
NCAA-College-Football-Logo.jpg

Since we've got the major sports threads up (MLB, NBA, NFL offseason, NHL, NASCAR, etc.,), I'd figure I create a college football offseason thread, so we can bring college football-related discussions, news, and so on.

Here's some news from the past week:

Virginia Tech Hokies freshman Isi Etute has been charged with murder:

Virginia Tech freshman linebacker Isi Etute has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder and is being held without bond, according to the Blacksburg (Va.) Police Department.

In a statement on its website, the Blacksburg Police Department said it responded to a welfare check at 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday and found a deceased male victim.

Detectives determined the death a homicide and arrested Etute on Wednesday. He is being held at the Montgomery County Jail.

Virginia Tech released a statement Wednesday saying that Etute had been immediately suspended from the football team and from the university.

"Blacksburg Police continues to lead this ongoing investigation, and the university will assist law enforcement agencies working the case in any way it can," the school said in its release.

Etute was rated a three-star recruit by ESPN. An outside linebacker from Virginia Beach, Virginia, Etute was the 29th-ranked recruit in the state and had offers from NC State, Virginia and Vanderbilt, among others.

Etute was an early enrollee at Virginia Tech, where he participated in spring practice and was in competition for a reserve role at linebacker.

Blacksburg PD said the investigation remains ongoing.

ESPN

Some college athletic departments will now earn money from their content on Twitter from endorsements, sponsorship deals and appearance:

A company that has partnered with dozens of college athletic departments on name, image and likeness programming announced a deal with Twitter on Thursday that will allow athletes to monetize video posts on the social media platform.

In less than a month, several state laws will go into effect that will make it possible for college athletes to be paid for endorsements, sponsorship deals and personal appearances.

The NCAA also is hoping to have new rules in place by the end of June to govern all Division I athletes and NIL compensation from third parties.

Opendorse's deal with Twitter will give college athletes the opportunity to start earning money from content they create and tweet with just a few taps on a smart phone.

Blake Lawrence, the co-founder of Opendorse and a former Nebraska football player, said the deal with Twitter will ensure that college athletes align with approved advertisers and published videos are compliant with NCAA rules and various state laws.

Among the schools that have deals with Opendorse are Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Indiana and BYU.

Opendorse also partners with several professional players' associations, including the NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball.

"We've built a system that allows the activities of an NBA player to be evaluated differently from that of an NFL player," Lawrence said. "So that same approach you can bring to the collegiate space."

He said if there is a state-by-state approach to NIL legislation, the company is equipped to evaluate activities differently for an athlete in Florida, for example, as opposed to one in Mississippi.

The video that athletes can monetize cannot come from the schools and broadcast partners. They must be independently produced.

"This fall when a college sports fan is scrolling through Twitter, they're going to see a video from their favorite student-athlete and that video could be that athlete providing a postgame recap. Their thoughts on the game they just played," Lawrence said. "The fan hits play on that video and they will see a five- to 15- to 30-second advertisement before the video plays.

"The difference between that video this fall and that video today is that video this fall will result in compensation directly to that student-athlete."

The athlete will be paid based on engagement with the video and number of followers.

ESPN

The Southeastern Conference now grants transfers within the conference. That means Bama's new linebacker, Henry To'o To'o, which he transferred from Tennessee, gets to start in his first game against Miami, on September 4th (my birthday). I like this new rule and TBH, the rule should have been made a long time ago:

LSU is expected to hire Arkansas offensive line coach Brad Davis for the same position, a source confirmed to ESPN on Thursday.

Davis was born and raised in Baton Rouge and won a national championship as a player at Oklahoma in 2000. He spent the past four seasons in the SEC coaching offensive line at Arkansas, Missouri and Florida.

At LSU, Davis will replace James Cregg, whose departure was announced Wednesday.

The Athletic first reported Davis' hiring.

Davis is just the latest addition to an overhauled staff under head coach Ed Orgeron.

This offseason, Orgeron hired new assistants in offensive coordinator Jake Peetz, passing game coordinator DJ Mangas, defensive coordinator Daronte Jones, linebackers coach Blake Baker and defensive line coach Andre Carter.

LSU is scheduled to open the season at UCLA on Sept. 4.

The Tigers finished last season at 5-5 after going undefeated and winning the national championship in 2019.

ESPN

We now know how Johnny Manziel manages to make a decent living in life after football. I'm extremely surprised that he wasn't ever punished for all the items he signed and sold.

Johnny Manziel says he "made somewhat of a decent living" by selling autographed items during his days at Texas A&M, but that he "never took a dollar" until after he won the Heisman Trophy in 2012.

Manziel recounted selling his autograph during an interview on Barstool Sports' "Bussin' With The Boys" podcast, detailing two different transactions in 2013 that he says netted him $33,000.

"We're doing it all sneaky, we don't want to get caught, we're trying to learn from everybody else who's got caught," Manziel said during the interview that was published Thursday by Barstool Sports. "And I may or may not have gone back to this guy's condo and signed probably 10,000 pieces. He gave me three grand."

Manziel said another individual approached him during that autograph-signing session and told him he was getting "ripped off" before offering to connect him with another man who would pay him $30,000.

"So this guy is like, 'All right, go to this room at the Fontainebleau. All this stuff will be in there laid out, and when you're done, just send me a picture of all of it, I'll give you the code to the safe, the money will be in there,'" Manziel said.

The NCAA investigated Manziel before the start of his sophomore season at Texas A&M, but said there was no evidence that the former star quarterback received payment for signing autographs.

"I made somewhat of a decent living in college," said Manziel, who then dared the NCAA to "take my f---ing 9-4 season away and my Chick-fil-A Bowl against Duke."

When asked during the interview what he would say if the NCAA attempted to strip him of his Heisman Trophy, Manziel responded: "I never took a dollar until after I won the Heisman."

ESPN reported in August 2013 that the NCAA was investigating whether Manziel was paid for signing autographs at several locations, including in South Florida around the BCS title game earlier that year. ESPN reported that a set of autograph dealers claimed that Manziel accepted payments to sign more than 4,000 items, including footballs and photographs, at an event in Connecticut in late January 2013.

Manziel was suspended for the first half of Texas A&M's 2013 season opener after the NCAA and school announced he had violated a bylaw prohibiting student-athletes from permitting their names or likenesses to be used for commercial purposes.

But that was the only punishment levied during the 2013 season against Manziel, the flashy dual-threat quarterback who set numerous records in college before flaming out in the NFL.

Manziel, 28, has not played in the NFL since 2015. He appeared briefly this year in the indoor Fan Controlled League, but acknowledged last June that his football career is probably "in the past."

ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Nick Saban's being extended through the 2028 season! RMFT!!!

Nick Saban, who has led Alabama's football program to six national championships, has been rewarded with a contract extension that will take him through the Crimson Tide's 2028 season, the university announced Monday.

The new agreement will extend his current contract by three seasons to eight years. Saban is set to make $8.425 million this coming season, and his new deal will include annual increases in salary that sources told ESPN would take his average annual salary to more than $10 million over the life of the contract. As part of Saban's new deal, he will receive a contract completion benefit of $800,000 payable at the end of the 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 contract years.

Saban, entering his 15th season at Alabama, has won three of the past six national titles. He also won a national title at LSU in 2003. His total of seven national titles is the most in college football history.

In a statement, Saban said he and his wife, Terry, "are pleased and happy to sign another contract extension that will keep us in Tuscaloosa through the end of our career."

"Our family calls Tuscaloosa and the state of Alabama home, it's a place where our roots now run deep. This agreement gives us the chance to continue to impact the lives of the young men and their families who choose to play football and get an education at Alabama," he said.

Saban, who will turn 70 in October, told ESPN last season that retirement has yet to even cross his mind and that he plans to coach as long as he's "physically able and making a positive impact on the players and the program."

Saban added to ESPN, "I don't know what the hell I would do if I wasn't coaching. I don't even want to imagine it."

When Saban was forced to watch the Iron Bowl matchup with Auburn from his home on television last season after contracting COVID-19, several close to him suggested that the whole experience of being away from the game for such an important week only underscored that there was no end in sight to his coaching career. Veteran head athletic trainer Jeff Allen, the only member of Saban's football staff who has been at Alabama since Saban arrived in 2007, joked to ESPN, "He may never quit coaching. This experience only reinforces that."

"Nick ain't thinking about retiring, not even close," former Florida and South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier told ESPN just before the 2019 season. "He can go into his 70s easy, and I think he will.

"I told him he won't retire until he loses three games in a season. He told me, 'If I ever lose three games around here again, they might kill me.' I think he was joking, but I'm not sure."

Saban's overall record at Alabama is 170-23 (.881). His six national championship teams with Alabama have gone 21-2 against top-10 opponents, and Alabama has been ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press poll for at least one week for 13 straight years, surpassing the record of seven established by Miami (1986-92).

Going back to the start of the 2014 season, Saban is 59-5 against SEC opponents. Alabama hasn't lost to a team ranked outside the AP poll since Saban's first season in 2007 when the Crimson Tide lost to Louisiana Monroe.

Coach Saban is the best college football coach in the nation and one of the greatest coaches of all time in any sport, and we are extremely fortunate that he has agreed to another contract extension at Alabama," athletic director Greg Byrne said. "... Not only has the impact been felt here at the university, but throughout the community and the state thanks to all he and Ms. Terry have done through the Nick's Kids Foundation and beyond. They are incredible people, and we are very thankful to have them around for many years to come."

Since arriving in Tuscaloosa in 2007, Nick and Terry Saban have raised nearly $10 million for charitable causes through the Nick's Kids Foundation. Following the devastating 2011 tornado, they teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to help rebuild a total of 13 homes and have added a house for each of the Tide's five national titles since for a total of 18 houses.

Saban has reiterated to ESPN over the years that there are "no other horizons for me" in coaching and has repeatedly ruled out a return to the NFL.

ESPN

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
NCAA investigating Arizona State for recruiting violations:

The NCAA is investigating allegations of violations within the Arizona State football program, the school confirmed in a statement to ESPN.

Arizona State spokeswoman Katie Paquet did not specify what the allegations are related to, citing NCAA bylaws for ongoing investigations. But sources told ESPN that the potential violations are linked to recent recruiting practices and likely involve several Arizona State coaches.

Sources told ESPN that part of the NCAA's investigation involves Arizona State hosting prospects during the recruiting dead period, which lasted from March 2020 to June 1, 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic. FBS programs were prohibited from having recruits on campus during the dead period.

The Athletic reported, citing a source, that ASU's compliance staff have started interviewing coaches about the allegations. Head coach Herm Edwards' involvement in the investigation is not yet known, and a spokesman for the athletic department referred questions to the university. Defensive coordinator Antonio Pierce also serves as the team's recruiting coordinator, and wide receivers coach Prentice Gill is ASU's assistant recruiting coordinator.

Arizona State had the nation's No. 36 recruiting class for 2021, according to ESPN's rankings.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
College Football Playoff's 12-team model goes before top decision-makers next week

CHICAGO -- The proposal to expand the College Football Playoff to 12 teams is moving forward, as the CFP's management committee on Friday agreed to present the concept to the 11 university presidents and chancellors who have the ultimate authority over the format at a meeting Tuesday in Dallas.

The management committee, which is made up of the 10 FBS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick, will ask the presidents and chancellors on the CFP's board of managers to "authorize the solicitation of feedback" and "begin feasibility assessments of any new formats."

"It's an information process," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, one of the four members of the working group that wrote the proposal. "Four of us were at one place. Now I think we have 11 of us at that place. Now we move to talk to the presidents and see if we can get them in that place."

If the board of managers supports the proposal, it would be a green light for the commissioners to continue to work on the details throughout the summer before reporting back in September.

The two-day meetings in Chicago were an important step in expanding the field beyond its current four-team format, but those in the room cautioned that there won't be any definitive conclusions on when and how it might happen until this fall at the earliest.

"This is an enormous undertaking with dozens and dozens of moving parts, and it's not going to be a rapid process," Bowlsby said. "It's going to be at least [this] fall before we have the necessary conversations and possess the necessary information to make informed decisions."

The proposal was written after two years of research by a subcommittee of Bowlsby, Swarbrick, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey and Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson. The meetings in Chicago were the first time the entire management committee was able to discuss the details in person.

Swarbrick joined the meetings Thursday but did not participate Friday because he wasn't feeling well, according to CFP executive director Bill Hancock.

The proposal does not include guarantees for conference champions. Instead, it calls for the bracket to include the six highest-ranked conference champions plus the six remaining highest-ranked teams as determined by the CFP selection committee. There would be no limit on the number of participants from a conference.

"The good news is that everyone who's on this conference committee supports expansion," said incoming Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff, who will begin his role July 1 and attended the meetings along with current commissioner Larry Scott. "So we're all aligned on that. The great news for me coming into this for the first time is that the starting point for everyone's discussions is what's best for the student-athletes and what's best for the game."

After the meeting, Scott released a statement saying the Pac-12 supported CFP expansion. But he also showed that some details are yet to be settled, as he added that all Power 5 conference champions should be guaranteed a playoff berth.

In a statement later Friday, Sun Belt commissioner Keith Gill said his conference doesn't believe that should be the case.

"The Sun Belt Conference supports College Football Playoff expansion, including the working group's recommendation to have the six highest-ranked conference champions in the field," Gill said. "Playoff spots should be earned and not given. Under the proposed system, if you are a deserving team, you should have no concerns of being left out of the playoff."

The general sense from within the room Friday was that the 10 FBS commissioners supported the foundation of the proposal but needed more time to gather feedback from the university presidents, athletic directors, coaches and student-athletes within their conferences.

"There are so many constituents," Kliavkoff said. "We're going to spend the next couple of months going back to our constituents, getting them all on board with the same format. There's also timing issues related to all of the contracts."

The playoff is entering the eighth season of a 12-year contract that runs through the 2025 season, and Hancock reiterated that the playoff will not change this season or next, though it could happen as early as the 2023 season. Hancock said the commissioners didn't talk a lot this week about the timing of implementation.

"That will come later," Hancock said. "The first step is determining whether this new format is even feasible or something that the people on campus want to do."

According to the proposal, first-round games would take place on campus sometime during the two-week period after conference championship games. The quarterfinals would be played on Jan. 1 -- or Jan. 2 when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday -- and on an adjacent day.

The working group didn't include which bowls might be a part of the CFP in the future, but it did recommend that if "traditional bowls" host games, teams would be assigned to those bowls for the quarterfinals, with the priority going to the higher-seeded team.

"We don't know who the six bowls might be if the format goes through," Hancock said. "That will be determined later. In my mind, the six bowls that will be a part of this will be delighted to be part of it."
I'm for the expansion of the College Football Playoff to 12 teams. Over the years, I see some college football teams not getting in despite a good record. The expansion will give other teams an opportunity to play for the championship. The expansion needs to happen in 2025 and I hope they all agree with the change down the road.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Miami, Auburn agree to home-and-home series

Miami and Auburn will play a home-and-home series in 2029 and 2030, the schools announced Thursday.

The Hurricanes will host the Tigers on Sept. 1, 2029, then travel to play at Auburn on Aug. 31, 2030. Despite expected changes to an expanded College Football Playoff format, Miami athletics director Blake James said in a statement the program remains "committed Miami and Auburn will play a home-and-home series in 2029 and 2030, the schools announced Thursday.

Miami and Auburn have not played since 1984, when they played in the Kickoff Classic at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. to start the season.

In addition to playing Auburn, Miami has home-and-homes set with Texas A&M (2022 and 2023), Florida (2024 and 2025) and South Carolina (2026 and 2027).

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
This news is huge if it's officially confirmed:

Source: Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns on the verge of making SEC move

Texas and Oklahoma could make their move to the SEC official in a matter of weeks, ESPN has confirmed.

The Austin American-Statesman reported Friday that a Big 12 source believed talks between the SEC and the two schools had been ongoing for more than six months, though SEC member Texas A&M had been left out of the discussions. An SEC source told ESPN's Heather Dinich that it's inaccurate that A&M was left out of the conversation.

The report also said the move could become official in a matter of weeks. A high-level administrator said his understanding of the situation mirrors that timeline.

A Big 12 source told Dinich that neither Texas nor Oklahoma has officially expressed its desire to leave to the rest of the conference membership.

ESPN reported Thursday that both Texas and Oklahoma would likely owe the Big 12 upward of $76 million apiece to buy out the remainder of their grant of media rights agreement, which runs until 2025. A new agreement with the SEC, however, would likely make that price tag easily affordable for the two powerhouse programs.

Big 12 officials held a call Thursday to discuss the league's future, with Texas and Oklahoma absent from the discussion. The two schools would have to give the Big 12 an 18-month notice before formally leaving as well.

A Texas A&M board of regents meeting has been scheduled for Monday at 6 p.m. ET, and will include "discussion and possible action on contractual and governance issues relating to Texas A&M University and the Southeastern Conference."

If the schools' move to the SEC becomes reality, the fallout for the rest of college football would be massive, and the administrator believes the larger impact could significantly damage the sport.

Several ACC athletic directors believed that their league would make a push in the next few years to add both Texas and Oklahoma -- along with Notre Dame, which already is a partial ACC member -- as it looks to restructure its TV contract, but the suddenness of the Longhorns' and Sooners' move to the SEC took them by surprise.

One ACC AD wondered whether this could be the first domino leading to a massive shake-up that would ultimately result in a 32-team superconference. Two other ADs suggested that the best path forward might be for the ACC, Pac-12 and others to work together toward a new media rights package that could help counter the outsized strength a 16-team SEC would command, with one AD also saying he believed there was minimal value in what would remain of the Big 12.

Bobby Bowden has pancreatic cancer, son Terry Bowden says

Terry Bowden, son of Hall of Fame college football coach Bobby Bowden, said Thursday his father is suffering from pancreatic cancer and is "doing as good as expected" given the family's recent announcement that his condition is terminal.

"The news came out [Wednesday], but we've known for about 10 days," the University of Louisiana at Monroe head coach told reporters at Sun Belt media day in New Orleans on Thursday. We've been preparing for this. We know when you have pancreatic cancer, which is what the disease is, you're probably talking months, not years, so we know that. We just think we've got some more good days ahead, and we're going to enjoy those together.

"I would plead that all people would respect the fact he needs to rest when he's up," Terry Bowden added. "He doesn't need a lot of phone calls, or a lot of people talking on the phone. You know my dad; he has never turned down an interview in his life. He'll be on his deathbed [doing] an interview the last minute he does it. But, that's Bobby Bowden."

The elder Bowden, who coached Florida State for 34 seasons before retiring in 2009, released a statement Wednesday through the school indicating he had been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition.

"I've always tried to serve God's purpose for my life, on and off the field, and I am prepared for what is to come," Bowden said in a statement. "My wife Ann and our family have been life's greatest blessing. I am at peace."

Bowden, 91, is the second-winningest coach in Division I history with 357 victories. His teams won national championships in 1993 and 1999.

Current Florida State head football coach Mike Norvell opened up Thursday's session at ACC media days by paying tribute to Bowden.

"Because of the impact that he has made, because of the man that he is, the coach that forever changed a university and a place, [he's] just a tremendous example," said Norvell, who is entering his second season with the Seminoles. "I am so grateful for the opportunity and the relationship that I have and been able to form with Coach Bowden. ... As he's resting there at home, just to know we are thinking about you and just so grateful for the impact you've made and that you continue to make by who you are."

Bowden dealt with a "tough" bout of COVID-19 in October, which came a few days after he returned to his Tallahassee home after a lengthy hospital stay for an infection in his leg. He was also hospitalized for five days in late June and told the Tallahassee Democrat earlier this month, "I feel fine, but I can't do much."

Bowden served as West Virginia coach from 1970 to 1975 before taking the Florida State job in 1976. He built the Seminoles into a national power, winning 12 ACC championships and national titles in 1993 and 1999. Bowden was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006.

"Coach Bowden built a football dynasty and raised the national profile of Florida State University, and he did it with dignity, class and a sense of humor," university president John Thrasher said in a statement. "Although his accomplishments on the field are unmatched, his legacy will go far beyond football. His faith and family have always come first, and he is an incredible role model for his players and fans alike. He is beloved by the FSU family."
God bless Bobby Bowden on making peace with himself. Prayers to him and his family.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I just heard about that SEC news, wild stuff if true

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners unanimously accept invitation to SEC

So it's confirmed. Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC in 2025.

:WOW

I can imagine possible rivalries for both schools against other SEC teams when they decide on what division the schools will be in.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Here's some college football news, as we got 13 days left until the start of the 2021 college football season:

I guess since Texas & Oklahoma are joining the SEC in 2025, the three conferences wants to up their game in a unusual way to step their game up by forming an alliance against the super conference.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I didn't know the official season starts tomorrow so my mistake on that.

Anyways, tomorrow marks the start of the 2021 college football season. There are five games to kick it off, as the first week of the season is called "Week 0." Here are tomorrow's games:

GAMES____________________________Time (ET)__TV/Mobile
Nebraska at Illinois...............................1:00 PM......FOX
UConn at Fresno State.........................2:00 PM......CBSSN
Hawaii at UCLA.....................................3:30 PM.......ESPN
UTEP at New Mexico State..................9:30 PM Bally Sports AZ/ KVIA / FloFootball
Southern Utah vs. San Jose State.....10:00 PM....CBSSN

Last edited:

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Today's the official start of the college football season!!!

I think Alabama will have another successful season under their belt. I'm really looking forward to see what Bryce Young can do, filling in the spot Mac Jones succeeded very well last season. Despite losing Dylan Moses, Patrick Surtain II and Christian Barmore to the Draft, I still think the defense will be a top tier defense once again.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Watching the first game of the season between Nebraska vs. Illinois.

Illinois scores the touchdown and ties it up with the PAT with 9 points each.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Illinois gets the victory against Nebraska 30-22. The Huskers almost made the comeback after being down 30-9 in the second half. But it wasn't enough as Fighting Illini's defense held on to prevent Adrian Martinez from scoring again on the final drive, to give the team their first win of the season, while Scott Frost and the Huskers will start off the season with a loss.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Pretty tight game between Ohio State and Minnesota, with the Buckeyes leading 17-14 in the third quarter.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
GO DAWGS!! Have a great season this year please.

Reactions: Doom