The "New" Sin Cara

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Anyone with a brain could tell that it was someone different playing Cara last night, and anyone who reads wrestling news knows that they have some one else playing him for the time being, dont know if its a permanant thing and the real one is gone for juicin, or if theyll play it into a storyline because the announcers were saying he looked like hes put weight on and added different moves to his moveset. Id hate to see another "imposter kane/taker" storyline, especially without any promos because of the lack of knowledge of the english language that these men have. But in all honesty I really prefer the originial that was played by Mistico. He looked alot better and really smooth in the ring, hes a spot monkey but he makes those spots look perfect almosts like a video game. This new guy looked like any other high flyer/luchador that we've seen over the years, if they plan on keeping him around, then its probably a big mistake because the original Cara was starting to win me over but I cant forsee this guy ever winning me over. Only time will tell what happens though.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Last night was the first night (minus his match with Christian) that I actually enjoyed Sin Cara. Not to mention that there really wasn't a single botch in the whole match thank god. Hopefully they stick with Hunico in the role and don't go back to to Mistico.

Reaction score
I think there's an explanation for all the botches:

- He has a mask that covers his entire face including his eyes.

- He wrestles under dim lighting.

Conclusion: He can't fucking see.

--

On topic I really didn't care much for Sin Cara to begin with, his entrance was pretty flashy with the high jump and he can fly but so can a lot of the other guys.

This could lead to an interesting feud between the "Real" Sin Cara and the "Fake" Sin Cara, but it might be a bit weird.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Hunico did do a pretty nice job, no doubt. He's definitely the better WWE wrestler of the two. I don't wanna go too far considering it was only one match, but this might be the end of Mistico in WWE. What a failure, and it's really too bad. If they do bring him back, they should just let Mistico be Mistico. A feud between two Caras would be dumb, just like with the Takers and Kanes of the past.

Axis

Reaction score
He did have one minor botch (and if anybody posts a video of the match, I'll point it out) but it was hardly noticeable. But my main problem with Sin Cara wasn't his botches. It was his weak-looking offense. Hunico looked much better than Mistico in that respect.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I agree for a low-profile luchador wrestler come in and out perform Mistico shows how badly Mistico have performed in the current WWE system. One thing I like to point out is Hunico have managed to exhibit more charisma from his entrance to his in-ring psychology than Mistico. The only bad thing is he doesn't look as good with those love handles.

Macho Madness

Reaction score
I'm partial to the original Sin Carra. He was just so fluid with his movements. I still like Hunico. He is definitely a quality wrestler. It looks like we will get to see plenty of both though, because after Carra's apparent heel turn against Daniel Bryan, Mistico is bound to come back to start an imposter feud.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm partial to the original Sin Carra. He was just so fluid with his movements. I still like Hunico. He is definitely a quality wrestler. It looks like we will get to see plenty of both though, because after Carra's apparent heel turn against Daniel Bryan, Mistico is bound to come back to start an imposter feud.

Yup.

Czech it out:

from http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/9...ues-mistico-making-return-against-heel-hunico by way of the Observer

As it turns out, the suspicions of wrestling fans the world over, including Sergio Hernandez here and Keith Harris alluding to as much, have been confirmed, as the saga of Sin Cara continues with news that Mistico is indeed coming back. And that's the reason Hunico kicked Daniel Bryan in the head after their match on Smackdown this past Tuesday (Aug. 30) to turn heel.
The short and sweet note from the latest Observer update:
Creative was told to turn Hunico heel because Mistico is coming back.
We've covered the Sin Cara saga extensively here on Cageside Seats and you can find more information on it here.
The WWE has put themselves in quite the pickle with this entire situation. Mistico came in to play Sin Cara and his natural charisma and ability in the ring got him over well with fans. His merchandise, which is insanely priced, is moving well and that's one of the key components in keeping any star around. But there were problems with him from the get-go. He was a bit of a diva backstage and the powers that be, as well as the rest of the talent, didn't much care for the way he carried himself backstage, like he's already a big star, when in fact, he's not ... at least not in WWE.
Then he got suspended for 30 days for a failed drug test and they brought in Hunico to continue the character. And that would have seemed to work out just fine if he had done a good job as Sin Cara, mostly because live audiences either didn't notice a difference, or simply didn't care either way.
Only, Hunico has about half the charisma of Mistico and he's come under a great deal of fire from Vince McMahon because his matches have been less than stellar. In fact, some of them have been so bad, they've had to do entire reshoots during taped Smackdown shows. If the WWE is to move forward with the idea of making Smackdown a live show on Tuesday night, his penchant for botching entire matches is not going to fly ... at all.
Once Mistico came off suspension, this should have been a non-issue, as he was allowed to return and work as the Sin Cara character once again and go back to being one of Triple H's pet projects. His merchandise is still moving well and his matches are much, much more refined. But, of course, the feeling was that he wasn't remorseful enough and his attitude hadn't adjusted enough to please the decision makers. So he was sent home ... again.
But, once again, Hunico hasn't stepped up enough for them to feel comfortable going along with his playing the character, so Mistico is coming back and Hunico is turning heel and guess what that means -- the feud we thought might happen is coming to be.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yes, what an attitude problem Mistico has, acting like he's some sort of international superstar.

...Which he is. >_>

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Good, Im glad. Ive been saying since the very first night I saw him that Hunico sucked balls in comparison to "The original Sin Cara". Hopefully old Cara comes in and whoops this botchfest's ass all the way back to Mexico.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I still find it hilarious they haven't figured out that bringing him out first means they need to use his lights, then change to the opponent's lighting, then shift right the fuck back over to his lights for the match... instead of having him come out 2nd and leave 'em...

...I still think it's gay to do lights though. I hope Undertaker comes back and we get to see him vs. Sin Cara and let's see what they do about those shitty fucking lights then >_>

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Went to the SD taping last night and....

SPOILER ALERT

Was quite funny for the two Sin Caras storyline came into play and they both stood in the ring and one would pose and then the other would pose and the crowd would cheer for the one they thought was the real Sin Cara.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Did they have identical attire LHR? Or did they make it so anyone could differenciate the two?