The Miz in the doghouse?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Partial Source: Pwinsider

During the Six-Pack Challenge on Monday's RAW SuperShow, R-Truth attempted a slingshot somersault onto The Miz but his fall was not absorbed due to the former WWE Champion being out-of-position. R-Truth ended up falling back-first onto the floor, causing his head to whip back. At that point, the referee decided R-Truth was no longer able to compete and personnel assisted him to the locker room area.

WWE.com has confirmed that R-Truth avoided serious injury after suffering the fall. The basic outline of the match remained the same but adjustments were made from what was initially planned.

The Miz is being blamed for the errant spot. There was a ton of heat on him from company officials, including Triple H, backstage after the show. The WWE Executive Vice President of Talent "loudly disciplined" The Miz in front of wrestlers as soon as he returned to the back.

According to sources, The Miz has been on a losing streak in 2012 because he has become the scapegoat for the "lower-than-expected" Survivor Series PPV buyrate.

Taken from ewrestlinnews.com

Decided to bring this up as a talking point since I've heard that bottom rumour a few times now.

Why would the "low" SS buyrate be his fault? There were two bigger stars in that match, one of which beat up both his opponents with ease one night.

It's a bullshit rumour IMO, but quite interesting when taking into account a lot of the other stuff happening with Miz. I mean apart from the rumble (and even then you could argue he didn't really do much), Miz has had a rough time of it recently.

Thoughts?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Its fuckin stupid the guy has worked his ass to become what he is and has done everything they have asked not to mention he has made the most of every chance not only that he has had the best run as champ in recent history

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
I don't know about before last night... But that dive was brutal. Truth is damn lucky that he will ever wrestle again after that. So yeah, he should have been admonished for that. As far as survivor series goes, that wasn't his fault. And I really think they dropped the ball on what could have been an awesome heel faction with Miz and Truth with Nash mentoring them. That could have been a huge build heading into SS, throw in Cena/Rock together... I guess that's a conversation for another time though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I call bullshit on this as well, I highly doubt they are blaming Miz for the low buy's. The lack of build to the PPV is to blame. I could imagine him getting chewed out for missing a spot during the match, but that's about it.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
What kinda person thinks "Um I want to watch Rocks return at SS but I won't because Miz is in that match". It's obviously not the Miz's fault and WWE is just being stupid by even thinking that.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
I have never really been too big of a fan of The Miz probably because I think he is annoying on a microphone, but, I will admit that when it comes to his abilities, he has accomplished and been through a lot in the last year and a half as far as WWE Championships and what not... They do need to be giving him the credit as it is due to him...

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Not a huge Miz fan but He is not to blame for the low ppv buys. I blame them and their horrible story lines and their lack of ability to build the ppv. The other issue is that our and the worlds economy sucks big time still. Not everyone can afford to buy every ppv of the year. Still think they need to drop 6 ppvs a year which allows them a longer build to each show.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I agree to 6 PPV's a year.... They need to think about shit realistically... If they dropped to 6, it would be The Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Great American Bash, King Of The Ring, Summerslam, Survivor Series...IMO

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
lmao, how the hell could they blame one guy for a buy rate?

The buy rates have been going down because the product is not that great.

Honestly, why would I want to pay $40-$60, depending on the PPV, to watch guys fight each other who fight every single week on cable TV?