• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I think the thing that's allowed this well below average performer to get so over as a face, even when his heel character was DEAD in the water is the fact that I believe we're finally seeing the real Miz. What we saw as heel Miz was a gigantic annoying douchebag that was the easiest person in the world to want to beat up and hates everyone else. Now, this true face Miz, is a gigantic annoying douchebag that is the easiest person in the world to want to beat up, and just desperately wants to be loved by everyone else. Good job Miz and WWE, what a great performer Miz is, no doubt about it.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Getting him off these goofy MizTV segments would help. I'm not sure about anybody else, but when I hear "MIZ TV COMING UP WITH XYZ", I just feel the boredom descending upon me. Watching Miz kiss Ric Flair's ass in some boring, meaningless segment isn't doing it.

Give him matches. Give him an actual feud. Take him off the shitty talk shows. That's my 2 cents, anyway.

You know what was really dumb about that MizTV segment? The fact that it took a heel to interrupt and step on his toes before he did or said anything interesting, and even then... Yeah. Until then he wasn't being edgy, wasn't calling anybody out, not trying to get our attention and demand anything, he just invites out Ric Flair to joke and woo. Like you said, its utterly meaningless.

While its easy to blame the Miz on stuff like this - although maybe he could try a different approach on the mic since he's supposed to be winning us over, not bragging about himself still - I feel he just isn't being given any material to work with whatsoever. Like I said before, lazy, head-in-own-ass booking.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He always sucked as a face imo. The key for WWE should be to get people over, not constantly flip flop face/heel statuses for fresh feuds. Miz always excelled as a heel, so I have no idea why WWE would just change that. They did the same thing with Jericho even though Jericho only had 1 decent face run his whole career and it was when he was feuding with heel Triple H in his prime. Miz just seems like he's in Jericho's shoes now. A charismatic guy that WWE has no idea what they want to do with, they just know it doesn't involve a world title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been odd because he has shown before that he is over and can became a fan favourite yet this turn has been pretty weak. To me the main issue is he hasn't really been involved in a steady program since turning. He appears on RAW each week but there hasn't really been a clear focus to what he has been doing, it has mainly been random spots. What really confused me was Miz winning with the figure four, not sure he needs that rub and that matchup of Flair and Miz just doesn't work for me.

I do like that they are pushing towards a Miz/Cesaro feud because that is an easy way to get Miz really over as a face. He is the American standing up for his country and winning back the title from the evil foreigner. Should be incredible simple to book.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Then you have not have been watching WWEtv.

Lol no, just no. Ive been watching, and no. Just no. Miz sucks, internet fans can praise him up and down in an expression to show what knowledge they think they have of the business in some overdone fashion, but no. He just sucks. They are passing Flair's signatures on to him now, and thats just... lol worthy. Thats all I got to say bout that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lol no, just no. Ive been watching, and no. Just no. Miz sucks, internet fans can praise him up and down in an expression to show what knowledge they think they have of the business in some overdone fashion, but no. He just sucks. They are passing Flair's signatures on to him now, and thats just... lol worthy. Thats all I got to say bout that.

Nobody on the internet praises Miz, it's the people who actually matter (the paying public) who are giving him positive reactions and thus the face turn and subsequent Flair torch passing. Will it work out for Miz? Not by using flairs moves.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
He can, given the right opposition. Cesaro is perfect, given Miz's media background.

And the internet rumor sites say that the "next Flair" thing was originally intended for Ziggler. That's so much more frightening on so many levels.

Kahuna

Reaction score
I dont know if Im missing it or if people are hearing things, but I never notice any solid reaction for Miz on that level. Hell, even during his match on RAW with Ziggler the people werent chanting for Miz and hes suppose to become the good guy now? Just dont get it. Oh well, best of luck to him I guess.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
That's exactly my point...I feel his face turn has not had the desired impact, not as much as he was a heel....feuding with Cesaro and ultimately defeating him at WM 29 would give him some much needed momentum and a solid "identity" as a legit face.

He got a massive pop at RAW 1000 when he won the IC title. And he won the WWE title after he had held the US title for a while.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I was one of the people who were campaigning for him to turn face thinking he could make a smooth transition. However they have just rushed it and he is trying too hard in his material. Has been looking like a total cheeseball on the mic which is a shame because he can do so much better. They really should have gone the slow turn route with him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE doesn't use smooth transitions anymore, they are like Gracies, used to be the best at something, bnut don't practice it anymore and thus lost an artform that will never be the same.

Trufax.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Miz doesn't understand the psychology of being a face I think. He is basically doing his heel routine against bad guys...

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Miz doesn't understand the psychology of being a face I think. He is basically doing his heel routine against bad guys...

Then what do you think of Orton then? When he was forced to turn face by the fans, you could say he has kept fighting as heel while being a face. Remember he had an amazing year in 2011 when it comes to quality match after quality match so personally I think in this era these lines are too blurred.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Then what do you think of Orton then? When he was forced to turn face by the fans, you could say he has kept fighting as heel while being a face. Remember he had an amazing year in 2011 when it comes to quality match after quality match so personally I think in this era these lines are too blurred.

Not true at all. He stopped doing the long rest holds in his matches to keep the flow going as a face. Removed the punt in the head from his regular arsenal. Stopped coming to the ring giving fans dirty looks. All of this proves he knows the psychology of how to make a babyface work - which he has done. And the fans didn't turn him face by the way - he was getting stale as hell as a heel in early 2010 after being heel for the majority of 6 years. At first the fans didn't even take to him as a face but he won them over... by knowing the subtle things to do to warm a crowd, like....

tumblr_lq982ob2881qc73v9o6_400.gif

2543288_o.gif

To say he hasn't changed it up as a face is totally wrong.

Reactions: 1 person