• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Matt Hardy got arrested thread

Kaedon

Reaction score
One word....psychology. Without it, you have shit matches, see the TNA X-Division. You can have two wrestlers who only have 5 moves (which is all you need btw) and with psychology, the match will be 5 star. Some examples are Bret Hart/Roddy Piper, John Cena/Umaga, Randy Orton/Rey Mysterio, and Ric Flair/Randy Savage among many others.

MJ807

Reaction score
Well a great match for me is first no rules that makes the match great also there need to be a lot of subission holds and close endings that adds fire to the match. Also fighting in the corwd makes the crowd get into it because then they feell like their involved in the match. Also fast paced moves high flying moves and great technical moves just, and before the match have alot of promos backstage and in the ring. Just watch a CM Punk vs Samoa Joe match and you'll see what makes a great match.

PeepShow

Christian Cage of course......lol. No but seriously, I personally loved the Harris/Storm match form Sacrifice. Now I know that that wasnt a "wrestling" match, but I personally enjoy those types of matches. So for me, a fast pace, bloody, and "violent" match is a great match for me. But like I said thats just me. And dont get me wrong, I like a bunch of other matches as well, not just violent and bloody ones, but those are just my favs to watch.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

Former WWE and TNA wrestler Matt Hardy has reportedly been arrested again during the past week in Raleigh, North Carolina on another DWI charge. He is scheduled to appear in court on November 30.

Hardy's arrest has been confirmed with police officials, according to prowrestling.net. To clarify - this is a separate incident from last month's DWI in Moore County, North Carolina.
:fp: after all that the old Matt is out and the new Matt is in stuff he goes and does the same shit again.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
And to think: At one time, Matt was considered to be the smarter and responsible Hardy.............................yeah, not so much now.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
From his twitter:

For the first time in my life, I was framed.. 0, 0, and O.. I’m truly appalled. This will not go down without a fight! Looks like I’ve got a bull’s eye on my head.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Its amazing how everything Matt does continues to diminish my respect for him, even when I thought I had none left.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As reported earlier, former WWE and TNA wrestler Matt Hardy was arrested at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport once again this week in North Carolina and charged with DWI (Driving While Intoxicated).

TMZ.com has published the police report (.PDF) from Matt Hardy's arrest and the details are disturbing to say the least.

Matt Hardy was at the airport on Monday afternoon when police received several phone calls from concerned drivers who said Matt's car "almost hit two drivers three separate times."

When an airport police officer spotted Hardy, the wrestler's car, "swerved into the curb and then back onto the road."

Once Hardy was pulled over, the officer claims Hardy was asked to step out of the vehicle. Matt proceeded to open his door and get out of the car - without putting the car in park. The police report reads, "The vehicle rolled forward and I yelled for him to put the vehicle in park."

Matt Hardy was observed to have "slow and slurred speech, sleepy eyes and a very lackadaisical demeanor."

Hardy was asked to walk in a straight line but - "after taking two steps, Mr. Hardy lost his balance and failed to stay on the line." He was given a second chance but only made it "two or three steps" before failing to remain "heel-to-toe" and lost his balance again. Hardy took another field sobriety test where he had to stand on one leg. "He was unable to hold his leg up past 1 second."

Hardy took a breathalyzer test - which showed that he had zero alcohol in his system.

Cops then called in a "Drug Recognition Officer" to perform even more tests - and they determined Hardy was under the influence of "Central Nervous System depressants" and arrested him on the spot. Hardy's blood was taken for drug testing - and those results are not in as of this writing.

Hardy is due back in court [for this offense] on November 30th.

Shortly after the arrest, Matt Hardy's girlfriend Reby Sky tweeted, "F*ck this."
F*ck this indeed. Despite what he says, it's clear he needs some serious help.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
From PWInsider

Matt Hardy was arrested on Monday afternoon 9/12 and charged with Driving Under the Influence. Hardy was pulled over in the early afternoon by Raleigh-Durhan International Airport Authority Officer Smith-Wynter after concern was made about the way he was operating his vehicle following a complaint that his car nearly hit other drivers "three times."

Hardy, who was showing slurred speech and a "a very lackadaisical demeanor", according to the police report, passed a breathalyzer test on the scene. Hardy had no alcohol in his system based on the results, blowing a 0.00.

At that point, North Carolina State Trooper Hans Ellefson, a Drug Recognition Expert, was brought in to examine Hardy.

In speaking to PWInsider.com this afternoon, Trooper Ellefson stated that he "conducted a series of tests on [Hardy] and determined he was impaired and unable to safely operate a vehicle."

Hardy, who had already been placed under arrest for DUI at that point, was given a blood test for further testing. The results of that exam were not available as of this writing.

Trooper Ellefson commented that he had ruled that Hardy was under the control of "Central Nervous System depressants" but until the results of the blood test were returned, could not make an official determination of what those depressants might be.

Hardy has a court date in Wake County, NC on 11/30 in regard to the DUI charge.

Hardy is also slated for a 9/28 court date for the Driving While Impaired charge that led to his TNA dismissal in Moore County, NC and a 10/11 court date in Wake County, NC on charges of reckless driving.

On his Twitter, Hardy apparently referenced the arrest, writing, "For the first time in my life, I've been gotten! WOW!! 0, 0, and 0.. I'm truly appalled. This will not go down without a fight!"