"The man makes the championship..."

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
No. Let the IC title have prestige on its own, not just a ticket to a better title. thy devalues the belt IMO
Seems legit. That does make sense. I thought it could perhaps be a way to give the IC title holder an easy cross-story with the World Champion, therefore proving the IC title to be just that one small step before the big prize at the top.

But I understand. I guess a better option is just focus on stories revolving around the title, using people we give a shit about. I could totally see Wyatt vs Cena again, possibly Sheamus vs Bryan for that title.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As for championships, I wonder if everyone here would be against the IC champion 'cashing it in' for a World Championship title shot on a B-PPV like TNA does with the X-Division.

I don't think that would be a good idea.. now a better idea would be using the US title to cash in for an IC shot, that I'd be a less opposed to.. United States basically signifies one area of the world while Intercontinental covers all the continents.. plus it doesn't take away much from the IC belt IMO.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Seth has Ambrose & Randy both with crosshairs pointed at him as the target.. there's no way he cashes in successfully before the next MITB. Let's be honest J&J as well as Kane & Big Show aren't stopping anyone.
He still does have Sheamus or whoever else joins the Authority (guessing they will probably reinforce the stable and kick Big Show and Kane out) to help him. I'm guessing he cashes in and Ambrose, Orton or Reigns could chase him at Summerslam. Possibly gives them more options for the title, while they could have Lesnar come back towards the end of the year and fight for the title again.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think that would be a good idea.. now a better idea would be using the US title to cash in for an IC shot, that I'd be a less opposed to.. United States basically signifies one area of the world while Intercontinental covers all the continents.. plus it doesn't take away much from the IC belt IMO.

That could be quite good too.

I just realised that an IC title MITB ladder match could also happen seeing as how there's only one briefcase currently to fight for. Unless they go for the whole World Title on a ladder deal.

(Also, you guys post way too quickly. :p The struggle is real when I'm typing and see even more alerts.)

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Considering the card for the European tour has the US and Intercontinental Titles being defended on the A-side and the WWE Championship defended on the B-side, I'd say that's about right.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-post-wrestlemania-european-tour-lineups-revealed/

-The Wrestling Observer has an update on WWE’s upcoming European tour following WrestleMania 31. You can check out the scheduled lineup and some of the match ups for the tour below:

* The A-Crew will reportedly feature John Cena vs. Rusev in the headlining match for the WWE US title. Also, Bad News Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental title, and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins.

* The B-Crew shows will reportedly feature a main event of Roman Reigns vs. Big Show, Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler vs. Luker Harper, and The Usos vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro.

...Although it says here that the IC Title is being contested between Barrett and Ambrose rather than listing Bryan as either champion or challenger, but whatever, it was never a guarantee that Bryan was winning the championship anyway. Then again, cards are always still subject to change but this is how things are looking currently. Nonetheless, the title being held by the company's biggest star is the one headlining the A-tour while the WWE Championship is headlining the B-tour instead.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Considering the card for the European tour has the US and Intercontinental Titles being defended on the A-side and the WWE Championship defended on the B-side, I'd say that's about right.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-post-wrestlemania-european-tour-lineups-revealed/

...Although it says here that the IC Title is being contested between Barrett and Ambrose rather than listing Bryan as either champion or challenger, but whatever, it was never a guarantee that Bryan was winning the championship anyway. Then again, cards are always still subject to change but this is how things are looking currently. Nonetheless, the title being held by the company's biggest star is the one headlining the A-tour while the WWE Championship is headlining the B-tour instead.

To be honest, I don't see anyone else other than Ambrose or Bryan winning the IC title, DZ had his reign until like 3 months ago, so I don't see him regaining it.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see anyone else other than Ambrose or Bryan winning the IC title, DZ had his reign until like 3 months ago, so I don't see him regaining it.

Agreed. No one else really makes sense. Ziggler just held it off-and-on for a number of months, they took it off Harper after only a month, R-Truth is just enhancement talent now, and while Stardust getting a hold of some *gold* is potentially interesting, Bryan or Ambrose winning it or Barrett retaining it are still better choices for going over.

If I were booking things, I'd probably have Barrett retain it at Wrestlemania just to give him one last big win as champ, and then I'd have him drop it to either Ambrose or Bryan one-on-one at Extreme Rules.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Agreed. No one else really makes sense. Ziggler just held it off-and-on for a number of months, they took it off Harper after only a month, R-Truth is just enhancement talent now, and while Stardust getting a hold of some *gold* is potentially interesting, Bryan or Ambrose winning it or Barrett retaining it are still better choices for going over.

If I were booking things, I'd probably have Barrett retain it at Wrestlemania just to give him one last big win as champ, and then I'd have him drop it to either Ambrose or Bryan one-on-one at Extreme Rules.

BNB's been looking like a clown during this IC title reign, so him retaining at Mania would probably make up for it. But I don't wanna see him retain as much as I like the guy, Ambrose or Bryan FTW!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh they'll make Reigns look very good in the process.. as he says.. "BELIEVE THAT!"

Here's honestly how I think it'll play out with either scenario of Lesnar re-signing or not..

If Lesnar re-signs: Lesnar retains after a 22+ minute match where Reigns had an equal amount of offense than Lesnar just goes beast mode and gets him with a Tiger Suplex to F5 combo.. Rollins proceeds to come out seeing that Lesnar is weakened a lot and cashes in.. right after the bell rings.. THE LUNATIC FRINGE IS HERE!! Dean comes out (he lost earlier in the night) and ruins Rollins chances of cashing in successfully, think back to Ambrose "Whenever you cash that in Seth, I'll be there to ruin that oppportunity!".. thus continuing Rollins vs Ambrose which still needs to play out!

If Lesnar doesn't re-sign: Reigns wins after a 22+ minute match where they were essentially equal matches, Lesnar off a distraction via PAUL HEMYAN gets Superman Punched, then Speared twice in a row and gets pinned cleanly... Pauly H takes Reigns as his next champion and again Rollins tries to cash in and Ambrose ruins it.

I can't really see Ambrose getting involved if Seth cashes in. That story has been cold for so long it just wouldn't make sense at the moment.

I can only see the cash in working in one way. Rollins loses to Orton earlier in the night. Reigns and Lesnar beat each other to a pulp and Reigns is being helped from the ring like he said he would be with the belt. Rollins cashes in and wins the belt. This sets up Orton challenging Rollins for the belt since he beat Orton earlier in the night. It would be the same set up they used for Wrestlemania X when Owen Hart (rest in peace) beat Bret Hart but Bret became champion. Rollins then gets caught up in two feuds, one with Reigns for taking the belt and the other for Orton earlier in the night. It keeps him busy and sets up several main events for the coming pay per views.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can't really see Ambrose getting involved if Seth cashes in. That story has been cold for so long it just wouldn't make sense at the moment.

I can only see the cash in working in one way. Rollins loses to Orton earlier in the night. Reigns and Lesnar beat each other to a pulp and Reigns is being helped from the ring like he said he would be with the belt. Rollins cashes in and wins the belt. This sets up Orton challenging Rollins for the belt since he beat Orton earlier in the night. It would be the same set up they used for Wrestlemania X when Owen Hart (rest in peace) beat Bret Hart but Bret became champion. Rollins then gets caught up in two feuds, one with Reigns for taking the belt and the other for Orton earlier in the night. It keeps him busy and sets up several main events for the coming pay per views.

I think it's a great time to bring back Ambrose & Rollins, I think something like that could make it to extreme rules perhaps as the ex-SHIELD triple threat we've all wanted.

Reactions: Red Rain

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think it's a great time to bring back Ambrose & Rollins, I think something like that could make it to extreme rules perhaps as the ex-SHIELD triple threat we've all wanted.

Even though I don't see it happening, that would be a cool match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
While I agree the Ambrose/Rollins feud has been a bit cold for a while now, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ambrose getting involved in Seth's cash-in.

As far as the ex-Shield match goes... Yes, please! Just let Rollins cash in on Reigns first.

Reactions: Vince McDonald

Vince McDonald

The Artiste
Reaction score
While I agree the Ambrose/Rollins feud has been a bit cold for a while now, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ambrose getting involved in Seth's cash-in.

As far as the ex-Shield match goes... Yes, please! Just let Rollins cash in on Reigns first.

I am pretty excited to see this...I was hoping that this would be a 3-way for the Main Event of WM, but then Brock came around.

Also, as much as I fucking loved that feud, I don't think they will pursue it again. I am pretty sure Rollins will take the championship from Reigns

Reactions: Prince Bálor

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Summerslam should be the earliest that we see a triple-threat match between the former Shield members imo. I wouldn't even mind if they saved it for Wrestlemania 32 either since the longer all three guys build themselves as singles stars, the bigger and more important their eventual showdown with each other will be, and 32 would be appropriate considering they want to make it the biggest Wrestlemania possible and this would make either an excellent match for the championship or just an excellent match of superiority to see who the greatest member of The Shield really is/was. Survivor Series later this year would be ideal too, given it's the event where they all came into the company together three years ago (I can easily see and hear the promo commercial for that one in my head... "Three years ago, three men blah blah blah...") WM31 would have felt like it was way too soon to me.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
If Rollins cashes in on Reigns it would be great to see Ambrose come out and help his former stable-mate (either one really - swerve)