The Kumite Temple(Action/Martial Arts Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Welcome to the Dojo where you can discuss any and all Action and Martial Arts Films and TV from so many decades. For years I kinda wanted to do something like this on WC with Fuji especially he loves Kung Fu films as I do and he's schooled me of plenty of Films over the Years. Just last night I watched Shang Chi and overall I thought it was a good film didn't like the forced Comedy in areas where the Scene needed to be serious. I thought Xialing should of been given more of a hero role especially towards the end didn't really like Awkwafina saving their asses after just learning how to use a Bow and Arrow but overall like I said fun and different and I look forward to where it could go.

I implore anyone who hasn't seen this Film please do. It's about a couple who happened to be both Cops and after taking a very important case to stop a criminal group they family and World get turned upside down. Joyce Godenzi as Mina Kao is the Wife to be and she's freaking badass in this film to the point why I wonder why she wasn't in more films because her history in films is short. She ranges from a lady about to crave your face in to a person you can fall in love with and you feel for and you do at various points in this Film. Probably my favorite fight of the Film these two ladies got down! Expect me to put over loads of Women in this Thread.

And with that discuss away your favorite Films of this Genre. Like Captain America I can talk about this all day.​

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The Raid: Redemption got to be up there. What a fun movie. Total thrill ride from start to finish.

7207c027ddb2d0ab0e162b96ed395fde.gif

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
I take it you've seen Ricky-Oh Story Of Rikki (I could have misspelled one of the names...) but that's a classic. 36 Chambers and it's sequel are good. Anything from Jackie Chan before he went all Hollywood. I don't have access to my collection right now but I have a lot of classic Hong Kong cinema there. I'll be sure to come back to this thread when I get to my video/dvd collection! (Yakuza and Triad movies are my absolute favorites but martial arts movies come in at a close second...and there is some crossover between the genres too)

I take it most fans of the genre have seen the Lone Wolf And Cub films?

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I take it you've seen Ricky-Oh Story Of Rikki (I could have misspelled one of the names...) but that's a classic. 36 Chambers and it's sequel are good. Anything from Jackie Chan before he went all Hollywood. I don't have access to my collection right now but I have a lot of classic Hong Kong cinema there. I'll be sure to come back to this thread when I get to my video/dvd collection! (Yakuza and Triad movies are my absolute favorites but martial arts movies come in at a close second...and there is some crossover between the genres too)

I take it most fans of the genre have seen the Lone Wolf And Cub films?

Lone Wolf and Cub shockingly I haven't seen as of yet but I know the Story and seen other Movies and TV use it as their own. Yeah Jackie Chan is amazing Rumble in the Bronx probably still my favorite from his Career outside of Police Story. Who am I is another Movie people haven't seen from Jackie and I love the Stunts and Fights done in that Film.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
I forgot to mention the amazing Sammo Hung too. Meals On Wheels and Eastern Condors are another two that are must sees in my book. Oh and Dragons Forever. Canton Godfather is a lesser known Jackie Chan movie that's very good.

More recently, Let The Bullets Fly is a great Chinese/Hong Kong action movie that's not as physical as the other stuff I've mentioned but worth anyone's time.

I really should log out before I think of any more...

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I forgot to mention the amazing Sammo Hung too. Meals On Wheels and Eastern Condors are another two that are must sees in my book. Oh and Dragons Forever. Canton Godfather is a lesser known Jackie Chan movie that's very good.

More recently, Let The Bullets Fly is a great Chinese/Hong Kong action movie that's not as physical as the other stuff I've mentioned but worth anyone's time.

I really should log out before I think of any more...

Hell yeah Sammo Hung and Meals on Wheels for sure one of the greatest films ever. Hung was great in the IP Man appearances as well and his fight with Donnie Yen from Kill Zone was amazing.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Speaking about Sammo Hung on Friday Night I watched for the first time this Film. One of the funniest Films to go with the great Action during this Film I've watched in quite some time. You have so much going on but somehow all the ingredients work which is so hard to do with so many stories and actors in this.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1

Speaking about Sammo Hung on Friday Night I watched for the first time this Film. One of the funniest Films to go with the great Action during this Film I've watched in quite some time. You have so much going on but somehow all the ingredients work which is so hard to do with so many stories and actors in this.

I literally just ordered this on Friday night from Eureka (along with 9 others) so really looking forward to watching it. Eureka and Arrow are the reasons I'm broke af right now....

I also ordered Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon which I've seen before but didn't have in my collection yet. If you want some more Sammo Hung goodness check it out!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I literally just ordered this on Friday night from Eureka (along with 9 others) so really looking forward to watching it. Eureka and Arrow are the reasons I'm broke af right now....

I also ordered Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon which I've seen before but didn't have in my collection yet. If you want some more Sammo Hung goodness check it out!

Oh yeah that's awesome can't wait to see hear your thoughts on the Film.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Anyone here seen Jet Li's The One?

Remember watching it on a whim way back in the day, and absolutely loved it. Some of the fight scenes were really well done.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anyone here seen Jet Li's The One?

Remember watching it on a whim way back in the day, and absolutely loved it. Some of the fight scenes were really well done.

GOAT tier soundtrack.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The Prequel Film to the first Rorouni Kenshin Film boy this one was freaking great. Imagine be a Samurai in a World where love is frown above and you have one of the greatest Killers of them all finding peace. Problem is the peace doesn't last when that love he finds turns out to someone of his past and the reason why he's completely lost as a person in the other films. I plan to watch The Final which is the climax to all of this and it should be fucking great for this Rorouni Kenshin Fan.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Kung Fu Hustle 2 coming after Stephen Chow confirmed it. Comedy, great Action, and wonderful Music to go with it yeah can't wait for this Sequel.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Kung Fu Hustle 2 coming after Stephen Chow confirmed it. Comedy, great Action, and wonderful Music to go with it yeah can't wait for this Sequel.

Holy fuck

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

This makes me happy.