The Korean Zombie Vs Akira Corassani to co main event Sweden card.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The Korean Zombie Chan Sung Jung is finally set to make his long awaited return to the octagon following a lengthy injury layoff which has lasted well over a year. Jung will meet Ultimate Fighter 14 alumni Akira Corassani in the co main event of a card headlined by Gunnar Nelson and Rick Story live from Sweden.

Jung entrance to the UFC was a rather triumphant one, as he avenged his Zuffa Banner debut to Leonard Garcia and became the very first and only fighter to win a fight via Twister Submission hold. He then returned at UFC 140 and knocked out Mark Hominick in 7 seconds, which is currently serving a three way tie for the fastest knockout in UFC history.

He then engaged in an absolute war in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 5 opposite Dustin Poirier where he choked out the Diamond using his own signature D'Arce choke, but instead of getting an immediate title shot, Sung opted out for shoulder surgery which kept him on the sidelines for nearly a year.

Sung was originally scheduled to face Ricardo Lamas at UFC 162, but injury reshuffling forced Sung into a title fight with Jose Aldo in front of Aldo's home crowd of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. In the fight, Sung re injured his shoulder which led to a TKO loss and he has been on the sidelines since.

Akira Corassani returns to his home crowd after relocating to New York to train with Renzo Gracie's team. Corassani was currently enjoying a successful run of 3 wins before losing via TKO to Dustin Poirier last April, however, he certainly gained some recognition, as the loss gained him his first fight of the night bonus.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Source: MMA Fighting Newswire

---------------------------------------------------

Oh wow, I'm really excited for this fight. And I can actually say that Corassani has the chance to cash in on a huge win on this.

Corassani really impressed me in his fight against Poirier, neutralizing Poirier's reach advantage with crisp footwork and speed. He can really be a fit for TKZ and his flat footed style in this fight.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah, Corassani has improved a lot since the Ultimate Fighter, never thought he'd get anywhere in the UFC. They're really pushing him giving him all these top ten guys though, but he did look good against Poirier. Think once the Korean Zombie gets going though, he'll be too much for him, good fight back for him though.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
There really is a fighter called the Korean Zombie? You sure this guy is not a wrestler with thay name

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
There really is a fighter called the Korean Zombie? You sure this guy is not a wrestler with thay name

We discussed this last year, and no he was not a wrestler, he was a kickboxer. I've heard more interesting, there's a fighter from Sarnia who calls himself "The Haggis Basher". His nickname stems from his ability to absorb punishment and still come forward and attack.

[MENTION=154]Swinny[/MENTION] like I said, Corassani does have a good blueprint to give Sung a fit.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
We discussed this last year, and no he was not a wrestler, he was a kickboxer. I've heard more interesting, there's a fighter from Sarnia who calls himself "The Haggis Basher". His nickname stems from his ability to absorb punishment and still come forward and attack.

[MENTION=154]Swinny[/MENTION] like I said, Corassani does have a good blueprint to give Sung a fit.
I don't remember discussing that but hey that is an awesome name.

The Haggis Basher sounds like a guy who loves to eat Haggis. That is great too.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
It's just too bad his fight style makes it seem like his nickname should the haggis humper instead of the haggis basher.

As far as them being wrestlers, they're both around Rey Mysterio's size. Probably small :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
That is small. I don't enough to really discuss MMA but those names gave me a good chuckle and piqued my interest some just because of their names alone.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Well maybe you should watch this fight, who knows you might have a favorite fighter afterwards :lol:

Legit though, his entertaining nickname lives up to the excitement of his fights. He's not the most technical, but he certainly is fun to watch. I don't know if you'll remember Wanderlei Silva from Pride, Chunger, but he's very similar in style to Wanderlei.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I might have to check this out.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
[MENTION=121]Wang Chung[/MENTION] I looked all over Youtube in attempts to find you the best highlight package I could and I think I found the best one.

I present to you.... the Korean Zombie!

[video=youtube;HWMotwwmSk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWMotwwmSk4[/video]