The King of Sports: New Japan Pro Wrestling.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
NJPW-Logo.png

ROSTER:
Heavyweights
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Satoshi Kojima
Katsuyori Shibata
Juice Robinson
Captain New Japan
Yuji Nagata
Tomoaki Honma
Yoshitatsu
Michael Elgin
Manabu Nakanishi

Junior Heavyweights
KUSHIDA
Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
Ryusuke Taguchi
Tiger Mask IV
Alex Shelley
Matt Sydal
Ricochet
David Finlay Jr.

CHAOS
Kazuchika Okada; Leader, Heavyweight.
Gedo; Junior Heavyweight.
Jado; Junior Heavyweight.
Hirooki Goto; Heavyweight.
Tomohiro Ishii; Heavyweight.
Rocky Romero; Junior Heavyweight.
Beretta; Junior Heavyweight.
Toru Yano; Heavyweight.
YOSHI-HASHI; Heavyweight.
Will Ospreay; Junior Heavyweight.

Los Ingobernables de Japon
Tetsuya Naito; Leader, Heavyweight.
EVIL; Heavyweight.
BUSHI; Junior Heavyweight.
Sanada; Heavyweight.
Jay Lethal; Part-time, also works for ROH, Heavyweight.

The Bullet Club
Kenny Omega; Leader, Heavyweight.
Matt Jackson; Junior Heavyweight.
Nick Jackson; Junior Heavyweight.
Bad Luck Fale; Heavyweight.
Tama Tonga; Heavyweight.
Tanga Loa: Heavyweight.
Hangman Page; Also works for ROH, Junior Heavyweight.
Adam Cole: Part-time, also works for ROH, Heavyweight.
Yujiro Takahashi; Heavyweight.

Outsiders
Kyle O'Reilly; ROH, Junior Heavyweight.
Bobby Fish; ROH, Junior Heavyweight.
Jay Briscoe; ROH, Heavyweight.
Mark Briscoe; ROH, Heavyweight.
Naofumi Marufuji; NOAH, Heavyweight
Katsuhiko Nakanishi; NOAH, Heavyweight

CHAMPIONS
IWGP Heavyweight Champion
Kazuchika Okada

IWGP Intercontinental Champion
Michael Elgin

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion
KUSHIDA

NEVER Openweight Champion
Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

EVENTS
Destruction in Tokyo - 17th September
Wrestle Kingdom 11 - January 4th, 2017.

*Couple of notes before we start, first, fuck the NEVER Openweight 6 Man belt, it’s a dumb idea and it shouldn’t exist, imo. Second, changed some results around on the G1 Finals to better fit the direction I wanna take with NJPW.

uIrYLejj-OaJWS5QdKxnX6Vd8ISYLavKbaNoF8y_wVC-WseexykLp8nCYhD335IXOfLtpF6dN4yPy6bCqw08PCV4zpt367zKESoHDdJVBNi3dR79WF4SdExt6BrygAyc2Ns19d3a

G1 Climax 2016 Finals Results - Sumo Hall, Tokyo, Japan - 10,200 in Attendance - 14/8/2016.
Special Tag Team Match:
David Finlay Jr. & Ryusuke Taguchi def. Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger & Tiger Mask IV - Taguchi over Tiger Mask IV with a Dodon at 9:42.

Special Tag Team Match:
Gedo & Jado def. Captain New Japan & Yoshitatsu - Gedo over Captain with a Gedo Clutch at 7:33.

Special Tag Team Match:
Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI def. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma - Ishii over Honma with a Brainbuster at 14:05.
Team NJPW vs. Team NOAH:
Team NOAH (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Maybach Taniguchi, Masa Kitamiya, and Go Shiozaki) def. Team NJPW (Manabu Nakanishi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Yuji Nagata and Juice Robinson) - Nakajima over Robinson with a Vertical Spike Brainbuster at 18:29.

~ Following the contest, Nakajima called out Michael Elgin and demanded that Elgin faces him for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship at the next PPV, Destruction in Tokyo. Saying that he feels he deserves the shot since he defeated Elgin earlier in the G1 Tournament.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match:
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) (c) def. The Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page) - Jay Briscoe over Yujiro Takahashi after a Springboard Doomsday Device at 15:31.

ROH World Championship Match:
Jay Lethal (c) def. Satoshi Kojima - Lethal over Kojima after The Lethal Injection at 17:11.

Special Six Man Tag Team Match:
Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL & Sanada) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin & KUSHIDA- BUSHI over KUSHIDA at 21:20 after hitting the MX.

Special Six Man Tag Team Match:
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano) def. The Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa & Bad Luck Fale) - Goto over Tonfa after a GTR at 18:29.

G1 Climax 2016 Finals; Winner Will Receive An IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match at Wrestle Kingdom 11: Katsuyori Shibata def. Hirooki Goto - Shibata over Goto after a Penalty Kick at 26:51.
~ Following the celebration ceremony, Los Ingobernables de Japon storm the ring. Naito, EVIL, BUSHI, and Sanada beatdown Shibata. Naito takes the G1 Trophy and leaves with it proclaiming himself to be the winner. Naito ends the show saying “Shibata! If you want this, you’ll just have to face me for it at Destruction in Tokyo”.

Reactions: Roadster

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
19/8/2016 - NJPW Announce New Signings At Press Conference.

Just a few days removed from another successful G1 Climax, NJPW Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi held a press conference to announce three new signings that are expected to be making their debut in the next couple of months. The first signing to be announced is Dutch professional wrestler Tommy End. End has found a considerable amount of success on the independent scene in Europe and the United States. The next signing to be announced is none other than 18 year veteran,
The Knockout Artist” Chris Hero. Hero has wrestled across the entire globe from ROH to Pro Wrestling NOAH, and is mostly known for his time in WWE’s Florida Championship Wrestling and NXT as Kassius Ohno. The final signing is Cody Rhodes. Cody Rhodes is the son of wrestling legend Dusty Rhodes and is a former WWE Intercontinental and Tag Team Champion.

Rhodes is said to ecstatic over signing the New Japan Contract and said that he has always wanted to step into the ring against the likes of Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada.

Chairman Sugabayashi said that he himself feels as though 2016 has been a great year despite the loss of big stars like Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles. Sugabayashi announced that the official Destruction in Tokyo card will be announced in a few days and a special announcement regarding the state of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight and Heavyweight Tag Team titles.

Reactions: Indy

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Normally I'm not the one to really check out BTB's, but I like this ''reality'' concept and it looks very good imo so I'm gonna try to follow it, brother. Good shit.

Reactions: Dojo

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Normally I'm not the one to really check out BTB's, but I like this ''reality'' concept and it looks very good imo so I'm gonna try to follow it, brother. Good shit.
Hey, thanks man. The only thing I'm not gonna be doing are the "Road to" shows leading into an event because they are basically house shows so not much happens and it'd all be too much for me to write up.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
26/8/16 - Destruction in Tokyo Card + Tag Team Announcement.
NJPW held a press conference earlier today to announce the card for the upcoming Destruction in Tokyo event. NJPW Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi was there to announce that at Destruction in Tokyo the team of The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) will take on Ring of Honor’s Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) to unify the IWGP Junior and Heavyweight Tag Team Championships to crown the first ever IWGP Openweight Tag Team Champions. Sugabayashi said that this unification of the tag team division to “breathe new life into the tag divisions” and that he is “excited to see where the NJPW tag team division goes from here”. With that, let’s go to the card for Destruction in Tokyo.

Special 8-Man Tag Match: Juice Robinson, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jushin Liger, Captain New Japan, Manabu Nakanish & Yoshitatsu.
Special Tag Team Match: Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI.
IWGP Openweight Tag Team Championship Match: The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson).
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: KUSHIDA vs. Alex Shelley.
Team NJPW vs. Team NOAH: Tomoaki Honma & Hiroshi Tanahasi [NJPW] vs. Naofumi Marufuji & Go Shiozaki [NOAH].
IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: Michael Elgin vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima.
Special Tag Team Match: Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL & SANADA.
Special Singles Match for the opportunity to main event Wrestle Kingdom 11: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
19/9/16 - Pre-Destruction in Tokyo Press Conference.
Just a few days away from NJPWs Destruction in Tokyo, NJPW held a press conference for the media where a select few of NJPW’s stars came out and answered a few questions regarding the upcoming event:

dVKTY9gaHSVLqJRYN3DikdKKOcEny1j6tQT5qZdNCbw5rvPNpBHrX-hJGvsCzLSyggFLATY14bYBGckNB9965MBBbH0IqvPkI6LZ9dXxjX0vcTvGf0N54Ub1VaLXBwF-u0FBZvuk

Katsuyori Shibata

Shibata, we will start with you. Last month you defeated your former friend Hirooki Goto in the finals of the G1 Climax. What were your thoughts on that?
Going into that match, I thought of Wrestle Kingdom 8. Goto beat me there. I thought of that match because since that match Goto and myself have both changed. Myself? I have changed for the better. I’m a two time NEVER Openweight Champion and a G1 Winner. Him? Not so much. The man that joined CHAOS, the man I faced in the G1 Finals is not the man I used to call a friend.

How do you feel about winning the G1?
I feel great. My goal since I came back to wrestling was simple. To be the very best. Winning the G1 has brought me one step closer to accomplishing that goal.

What are your thoughts on your opponent at Destruction in Tokyo, Tetsuya Naito?
Naito, Los Ingobernables, they’re just another fad. Everyone is in love with them now but in a few months? Just like CHAOS. Just like The Bullet Club. People will stop caring. Naito wants to think he is the MVP of this years G1, huh? He wants to think he deserves the trophy? He thinks he should be in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom because he believes it was “stolen” from him when he won the G1 two years ago, right? Well, guess what, Naito? The main event is MINE now. If he is MVP, how come he wasn’t in the finals? If he deserves the trophy, why did he have to steal it?

Awj5ePsfypjwKTzX0iq7hUdIthr9uyfra6aM5KUj-pNiyPVfM4TLZXNGpEh0HYc2ZQI52k6ZjOg1kULjEdRKMPFRoXvbuicpPMPJ1a6jA2uGVJcOZZLoGcLuRmONQUyviVakNFUF
6hkVPejwgMYraGkfreTCXvPiR0rq2zBZAI7qF9cj0b3xq7w0Nx5e29WDeROPup5qOYO_e3Y3w03K5Ly3gxdN_hEdq_0fONIdivmY7TEK2Aa7_uF8IRhDMiKhG3tUcM6Aiz59ONZy

Hirooki Goto & Kazuchika Okada
Goto, we’ll start with you. Did you hear what Shibata had to say?
HG: No.

Well, Shibata, said that yo-
HG: I don’t care. Ask me something different.

Well, uh, okay. What do the both of you think about your opponents, Los Ingobernables de Japon’s EVIL & SANADA?
HG: EVIL? SANADA? They are nothing.
KO: These questions...they are a waste of my time. Gedo! You answer.
GEDO: What does The Rainmaker think?! Ahahaha! The Rainmaker doesn’t CARE about EVIL or SANADA or Los Ingobernables. You wanna know why The Rainmaker doesn’t care? Because he is The King! He makes the money rain down on New Japan and we should all thank him for it!