The impending Rumble season is worrying me.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Everybody's favorite f*ckboy Finn Bálor is boring, small and a loser.

Nakamura is a useless bird. F*ck that pony rider.

A.J. Styles is a cornball and Cena is a weak mangina. The usual knob fest.

I'm not worried. WWE pays bills by being formulaic and offending absolutely nobody. Not new.

These cats are actually pushing that wimp Jason Jordan. For the love of God, what a bunch of dumb sh*theads.

Edit: Any combination of Joe, Ambrose Strowman or Reigns doing business is good by me. All the others are cheesy and worth nothing.

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm ready for this guys. Help.

Sorry for the whine/rant thread, but hey, y'all know me. If this scenario doesn't actually play out, I'll be happy. WWE, just don't do this. Do better than this, I don't think that's asking for too much.

Ha! I personally am Not Worried. :emoji_unamused:
If WWE had a better Creative team, Then ya, everything would turn out better. I have an idea, How bout they fire the current creative team, Hire on a bunch more experianced creatures (@Beavs, KOA, Etc) to create dif matches and make them Not so predictable?... This is just My Opinion anyways. Either way, WWE Needs to step up their Game Plan..

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Why does this thread exist now...? We are 3 months away from either a rumble and WM season. Too early for this, IMHO.

Why not? We have been talking about the next Wrestlemania since the summer. For some people this is the biggest PPV of the year or second biggest.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Why not? We have been talking about the next Wrestlemania since the summer. For some people this is the biggest PPV of the year or second biggest.
Eh. A lot can change between now and Rumble, though. It's not like the winner is revealed during the Rumble, and have a lot of booking that goes into Wrestlemania. That's why I never worry about Rumbles.

It's Wrestlemania I worry about. Because booking has to be on-point with the whole storytelling.

With Royal Rumble, you can just book anything into it. Anyone can get into the actual Royal Rumble match itself.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Eh. A lot can change between now and Rumble, though. It's not like the winner is revealed during Rumble, and have a lot of booking that goes into Wrestlemania. That's why I never worry about Rumbles.

It's Wrestlemania I worry about. Because booking has to be on-point with the whole storytelling.

A lot can change, hence why we talk about it. :bodallas:

• Haha
Reactions: InSaNe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
A lot can change, hence why we talk about it. :bodallas:
I know you're trying to be sarcastic there, so my natural response would be "asshole" with a tounge... but you're a lady. The owner's lady, so I can't use "Bitch." Even jokingly.

Eh well. :)

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I hate going all armchair general at the situation but Jinder Mahal is definitly losing the title by the end of the year, hopefully Styles beats him at Clash of Champions and the nightmare can finally end. On the base assumption Lesnar says "fuck it" and dosen't want to resign or they find a new storyline for him, I honestly want Reigns Vs. Lesnar to happen at the Rumble and for the whole big Roman coronation thingy to get it over with. Nakamura and Balor are the ideal opponents for both world champions at Wrestlemania, Demon Balor vs Slayer of Beasts Reigns is a money main event for the casual fans, and Styles Vs. Nakamura 2 can appeal to the hardcore fans.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The idea of Lesnar vs. Balor makes me feel sick...simply because...
A). Balor is simply being fed to Lesnar on the way to Wrestlemania...
&
B). The "physical" difference between the two is too vast for me to
"suspend my disbelief" and enjoy an "actual" fight.

Call me crazy on this one but while I can't buy the matchup either, I'd blame it more on Balor's ring style than just size alone.
I'd love to see Styles, Bryan, Rollins etc go up against Lesnar at RR, but the Balor match just doesn't seem right.
Part of it is those guys (add in other guys like Owens) are a lot less hurt by a competitive loss to Brock - hell look how much RR2015 helped Rollins
while Balor has the best winning % on the roster I'm pretty sure. And jobbing out Demon Balor as a way to get Roman Reigns over LOLWWE

I am hopeful for Styles vs. Nakamura for the World title at Wrestlemania 34...
but just because it would make many (but not all) fans happy...doesn't mean
the WWE will set it up and go through with it.

...Know they don't view it this way, but that makes me think about them trying to coronate the Women's division as an actual serious thing at Wrestlemania 32
That didn't affect the Reigns coronation at all, that just meant we got our happy moment so we could turn the show off while we're ahead

No 25 minute long Triple H match, No Shane McMahon, No Stephanie McMahon...
just some great matches that have had a solid and intense build.

Oh please. I wouldn't mind a Shane match (though largely that's because it feels like WWE puts so much more effort into his feuds, like Vince only knows how to book his family), the time for Stephanie seems to have passed and all her nuclear heat from the Authority was a waste of time (why I'm worried about Vince being gone), and... yeah Triple H can just introduce us to the far superior NXT Takeover the night before!

:yes:

Your card looks alright man - and I'd love to revisit your card vs the actual card - but as you say it's more about the build. Thought WM33 had really, really good build on the Smackdown side and that helped save a card that looked perplexing on paper... and Lesnar and Reigns is free to go on last so we can just [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] and go to bed early :)

To comment to a few others...

-I made the thread now because a lot can change between now and then, and whenever I see anything WWE-related now I just think "come on, you've gotta do something to change this, there's still time."
-It's not so much about the Rumble show itself, but the build reminds me so much of the 2014-2015 disasters. Where even though we all know Lesnar vs Reigns is on the card, the fans one month before the show screaming about cancelling the network... Well, maybe they already have, and maybe most of the fans are just numb to this by now. Lol
-Yeah Red Rain, maybe that Strowman/Joe street fight will have some epic backstage stuff like Strowman lifting the big man up and throwing him through a sheetrock wall onto a car on the other side. Just go destroy each other every week, but they may have to do something to take a chance (I still say the best way for pro wrestling to become mainstream is to be an anti-SJW outlet)
-Is feeling like the Cena/Jinder match being set in stone is reaching?... Yeah, but I guess I just assume there's some big plan in the works here *fart noise* for him to have held it this long. Who knows what'll happen nobody would have called Bray Wyatt being WWE Champion in October 2016
-Obligatory "hey Rusev can win the rumble!" for my own personal enjoyment and easy likes from Solid Snake... plus it'll be nice to bring back that anything can happen atmosphere when you have a random winner that people remember, sorry Orton
-Good shout on Elimination Chamber. That's a great way of setting up a contender.

A lot of good feedback came from my little bitch thread :smug: keep it coming!

Crash

Reaction score
I'd like someone different this year maybe AJ Styles, Samoe Joe, Braun Strowman, Bobby Roode or even Kevin Owens... But I don't really care at this point whether it's Roman, Cena or anybody else. I used to look forward to the RR every year, it was one of my favorite event of the year, it still is but I think they should change it a bit add more surprises entrants like they used to do, make some new spots be more creative with the match.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Roman Reigns isn’t winning. Not because WWE isn’t dumb enough to do that again, but because I have a feeling Cena or Styles will win.

Cena is going down as the all time great. In doing so, he needs a 3rd rumble win. He hasn’t won since 2013 and I think it would still feel fresh having him win.

If not the scanrio above, I could see Styles winning it, and then going on to face Jinder at mania. If Styles wins, and it comes down to him and Cena, I could see Cena challenging styles to one more match before mania, and if he wins, it becomes a triple threat at mania. Cena barely wins, and we have an awesome triple threat on our hands at mania.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Roman Reigns isn’t winning. Not because WWE isn’t dumb enough to do that again, but because I have a feeling Cena or Styles will win.

Cena is going down as the all time great. In doing so, he needs a 3rd rumble win. He hasn’t won since 2013 and I think it would still feel fresh having him win.

If not the scanrio above, I could see Styles winning it, and then going on to face Jinder at mania. If Styles wins, and it comes down to him and Cena, I could see Cena challenging styles to one more match before mania, and if he wins, it becomes a triple threat at mania. Cena barely wins, and we have an awesome triple threat on our hands at mania.

There's little reason to give Roman the win, so I agree. Having him go against Lesnar doesn't need a Royal Rumble win. The story line has already been set up over the years. Roman can pretty much demand the match simply based off the fact that they both beat Undertaker at WrestleMania, that there last WrestleMania match didn't have a conclusive ending for the whole Reigns/Lesnar story and that WWE has been building them both as the two most dominant guys on Raw.

Cena, on the other hand, hasn't done much this year. A rumble win would get him a good way to a title shot. I have no issue with him winning. But Cena is only 40, so that 17th world title win doesn't HAVE to happen this year. Honestly, I think Cena and Roman should probably swap title victories, sort of like the Rock and Cena swapped WrestleMania victories.

So at the moment, I am going with AJ Styles winning and then taking the belt from Jinder Mahal as being the primary possibility.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
There's little reason to give Roman the win, so I agree. Having him go against Lesnar doesn't need a Royal Rumble win. The story line has already been set up over the years. Roman can pretty much demand the match simply based off the fact that they both beat Undertaker at WrestleMania, that there last WrestleMania match didn't have a conclusive ending for the whole Reigns/Lesnar story and that WWE has been building them both as the two most dominant guys on Raw.

Cena, on the other hand, hasn't done much this year. A rumble win would get him a good way to a title shot. I have no issue with him winning. But Cena is only 40, so that 17th world title win doesn't HAVE to happen this year. Honestly, I think Cena and Roman should probably swap title victories, sort of like the Rock and Cena swapped WrestleMania victories.

So at the moment, I am going with AJ Styles winning and then taking the belt from Jinder Mahal as being the primary possibility.
Agreed. Also I meant to say that Styles wins the rumble with him and Cena being the final 2 and it’s close. Then, because of how close it was, Cena challenges Styles to a match before mania and barely wins, making it a triple threat match.

bxlatinoheat

Jobber
Reaction score
Wrestlemania season. The season finale for WWE. The show with the biggest expectations and - we feel - the most time and effort putting into it all year.

I think WWE's been a lot better this year - well, Raw has - but in many ways it hasn't for the main-event scene. It was leaked a year in advance that Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar will main event Wrestlemania 34, but now it's being discussed that the other title match will be John Cena vs Jinder Mahal...

which leads to Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor at Royal Rumble, which leads to several issues...
-No matter what, Lesnar has a 100% chance of winning this match. There hasn't been a match this predictable since Lesnar vs Undertaker (though we all know how that ended haha)
-Balor can show up to a Brock match as "the man" and leaving the match we'd all scratch our head and feel like it's stupid and makes no sense that he doesn't wear the paint
-Balor can show up as the Demon, and Brock will destroy Demon Balor via suplex city and 1-2 F-5's en route to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and that sounds like a true nightmare scenario

If the other match is AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal, then we have hope... Now we're more than likely sure that Jinder is going into Wrestlemania as champion to give Cena his 17th title reign, and get the rub as "the best of all time" on the same show they try to coronate Roman Reigns again and...

Problem with that hope is, if that match is the one announced, then we'll go into the Royal Rumble match with the percentages something like...

Roman Reigns 70%
John Cena 25%
Shinsuke Nakamura 5%...

As fans get excited for Nakamura vs Styles at WM33 (which still could happen), and Nakamura becomes the next Daniel Bryan, the fans' choice fighting back against Roman Reigns and...

Even if they go in that route, looking at the show from the outside looking in as "Lesnar and Jinder defeat Balor and Styles so that way they put over John Cena as the greatest of all time AND coronate Roman Reigns and make him look strong yet again...

I'm not sure I'm ready for this guys. Help.

Sorry for the whine/rant thread, but hey, y'all know me. If this scenario doesn't actually play out, I'll be happy. WWE, just don't do this. Do better than this, I don't think that's asking for too much.
I’m so looking forward to this

JBan

Reaction score
Don't worry about it lad. Rumble season will soon be over and we'll have already forgotten about it next year.