• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Impact Zone Is Officially No More

Ben

Reaction score
According to Wrestling Observer, TNA is terminating it's lease with Universal Studios at the end of March. This explains why TNA is filming the remaining "One Night Only" specials in March.

Really no turning back with the road shows now, if it fails they lost there safety net in a free place to shoot the show.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
All or nothing move by Impact Wrestling.

I like it though, shows they're actually looking to progress.

I said it in the other thread, taking the show on the road will bring out the actual wrestling fans as opposed to tourists.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Good! Get them out of Flori-duhhh, the dumbest goddamn state in the US, with the worst wrestling fans in the world.

Go on the road, shoot for the smaller markets for TV, and larger markets for PPV's. Simple.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
As much as I hate the Impact Zone, I think they should have seen how this road stuff would work first. Really hope it works now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Big gamble but a move that they had to take. They weren't moving forward as a company by remaining there and they needed to get out on the road to film Impact. It served them well especially early on in the companies life but they outgrew it and it hurt their look. They do need to ensure that they don't get too far ahead of themselves when booking arenas to film in, better to start small and keep selling out rather than going too big and not filling a quarter of it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wonder what their backup plan will be if they start hemorrhaging money by being on the road and need to find a base again. They have cut back a lot of costs by dropping eight PPVs and taping two shows each taping cuts the costs again. Maybe they did well enough on their previous road tapings to have the confidence to cut ties with the Impact Zone.