The Hall of Pain is back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Worlds Strongest Man returned to our screens last week on RAW after a nine month absence due to injury. He immediately attacked Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara and made it clear that the Hall of Pain is back. He followed that up by attacking Khali on Smackdown and demanding that as a former World champion he deserved to be in the number one contender Elimination Chamber match at the PPV. Henry then defeated Orton in the mainevent of Smackdown to earn his spot in the match.

A strong return for the former World champion who had a dominant run on Smackdown last year after opening his Hall of Pain. Henry is at his best when he is playing this role and he is a strong addition to the title scene on Smackdown. He has said in interviews before that he is nearing the end and he probably only has another year left in him after nearly two decades of service with WWE.

How would you like to see him used in the coming months? Do you see him winning the World title again?

Last edited:

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hope he won't retire this year, hope he will retire in 2 or 3 years if there wouldn't be any big injuries for him. I realized that I missed him and his dominance on Smackdown. Since Christian & Henry was away from SmackDown, SmackDown was too lame, same things happened over and over again. Mark will make a huge difference on Smackdown. I don't see him winning at Elimination Chamber but I am sure that if he won't retire, he will get the World Heavyweight Title once again.

And there is a thing that bothered me about his return, that SmackDown main event match was too short.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He is pretty old now for a wrestler and for a guy his size it wouldn't be easy wrestling week in week out. I can't see him lasting three more years after having done this since 1996, I think that another year sounds about right for him. I like that he has been able to have this run in the mainevent at the tail end of his career after having such a disappointing run for the first ten years. His ECW work was the first time he really broke out as wrestler and showed the talent that he had and his World title run solidified it.

I agree that Smackdown has felt a bit empty without Henry and Christian there. It has been a bit repetitive near the top and they definitely need that breath of fresh air that a returning Henry and even a returning Swagger brings to the brand. I hope that he simply continues where he left off before his injury which was right in the mix for the title. I would like to see Sheamus and Henry have that feud that was hinted at early on in his HOP run but was never expanded on. I think that would be a good top feud for Smackdown.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm so excited and happy that he's back and on Raw and SD WWE has booked him to look just as dominant like he did in 2011. And it would surprise me if he gets another title run after WM.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Definately needs another "Vader 2011" type Championship run.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
If you would have told me in 2010 that I be marking out for Mark Henry 3 years later, I would think you were hammered. Instead he's stepped up his game and has become one of the best heels in the business. There was a time where nobody could touch Henry as a heel. It's awesome that he's back and they didn't make him into a happy big man. I'm looking forward to him beating the hell out of people in the Chamber and then trash talking.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Glad he's back but i've got no idea what he'll be doing at WrestleMania. First thing that springs to mind is Ryback.

shap3shift3rko

Reaction score
missed this "comeback" by a mile! didn't even see it coming. thought he retired :COOL:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The guy has been very reliable as a heel the last two years and I'm enjoying him right now. I could see him facing either Sheamus or Ryback at Mania.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Alright, I guess I'll bite and say that I marked out pretty hard when I heard his music on Raw. And watching him destroy Rey and Cara was amazing. Hopefully no more serious injuries occur and he can have another good run.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like how WWE have been using him in the past couple of weeks hinting at setting up a match with Ryback at WM. They have booked it nicely so far with the two not touching each other but just having the odd staredown and then trying to out do each other by hitting their finishers on an unlucky opponent. They haven't had to talk yet and the vibe has just been great. Would never have predicted a Ryback/Henry feud for this WM but it is looking that way and I like it.