The Greatest Tag Team of the last 30 Years Round 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Match One

The Rockers
18.jpg

After knocking off the 22nd ranked MnM & 23rd MCMG in the first round the wildcard Rockers had the upset of the tourney by knocking off the #1 ranked Steiner Brothers....can they continue against the #2 ranked 22 time tag team champion......

VS

Dudley Boyz
tumblr_ltan9thcbF1r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

They made easy work of Los Guerreros but are Bubba & Devon next to go down to Shawn & Marty or will the most successful tag team of all time get the tables and set their spandex on fire?

Match Two

The Road Warriors
03.jpg

The #3 ranked Legion of Doom had no issue disposing of the wildcard LAX but with this highflying duo give them more of a challenge?

VS

Londrick
75828_1210003841.jpg

The 29 seed pulled the upset of Harlem Heat but can they really send the LOD home early?

Match Three
Triple Threat

The Rock N Roll Express
rock-n-roll.jpg

Our 6th seed slaughtered the Kings of Wrestling but now have to face two more of the more successful teams of the modern era

VS

The Briscoes
briscoes.roh-0257_crop_650x440.jpg

The 26th ranked Briscoes sent both the Hardy Boyz and Davey Boy & Owen packing in the first round but could only tie....

VS

Beer Money INC
beer-money.jpg

The 5th seed BMI couldn't put the nail in the coffin of the Briscoes let's see if they have any better luck this round

Match Four

The Midnight Express
tumblr_m6enplvJh61r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

Beautiful Bobby & Sweet Stan decimated Cade & Murdoch in the first round and then easily defeated the much tougher team of The British Bulldogs but can the #7 seed take out the 18th ranked kings of the photo op...

VS

Edge & Christian
ec44.jpg

E&C handled the Eliminators & Murdoch & Adonis with ease but barely squeaked out the upset versus Demolition.

Match Five
Triple Threat

The Brain Busters
Tully-Blanchard-And-Arn-Anderson-With-Bobby-Heenan.jpg

The 12th seed disposed of Miz & Morrison in the first round and had no isses with Dr Death & Terry Gordy in the second round but know they have a three way with...

VS

America's Most Wanted
AMW.jpg

Storm & Harris punked out Doom & The Hollywood Blondes in the first rounds and sent Mr Ass & The Road Dogg home early in a second round upset...but now they have to defeat not only Tully & Arn but also...

VS

The Hart Foundation
tumblr_lsp9lxBQgx1r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

The Hitman & The Anvil are the 14 seed and no trouble with the Original Midnight Express in the first round and destroyed the Worlds Greatest Tag Team in the second round...

alright folks vote away and then we will have our final five this will close Wednesday night at 10pm

Reaction score
1. The Rockers - The Rockers got good matches out of everyone. Dudleys had some good moments, but they had more bad than good.

2. The Road Warriors - I really didn't think I'd vote for the Road Warriors again, but they're up against a team that was good together for a year.

3. Rock 'n' Roll Express - I don't know how Beer Money managed to tie with the superior Briscoes, but Rock 'n' Roll easily beats them. While Briscoes/Rock are a lot closer, you still have tag team 101 is all about Rock n Roll Express.

4. Midnight Express - E&C aren't even in MX's league. MX had load of better two-on-two matches, had a style that became tag wrestling 101 and were together longer.

5. Brainbusters - Brainbuster's slew of quality matches beat out AMW. For Harts, the Brainbusters had either the Hart's best match or their second best match. So they're a bit above Harts.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
1. Dudleyz - Controversial, but had a greater span of success. It's one thing to be a great tag team in one company, but the Dudleyz were a top (if not the top) tag team across three major american promotions, and also won tag team gold in Japan. The Rockers had the better matches, but for me the fact is that was only in one company.

2. Roadwarriors - Not even close. Londrick had a great year, but the LOD became legends during their time.

3. R & R - Briscoes still beat Beer Money, but they can't outdo the blueprint of tag team wrestling.

4. Midnight Express - Same reasons as HF listed.

I'll come back to match 5 in a bit, need to think about this one.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
waiting to here from
[MENTION=1]Fuje Vise[/MENTION]
[MENTION=79]Inferno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39]Castiel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION]
[MENTION=121]Porkchop Express[/MENTION]

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
waiting to here from
[MENTION=1]Fuje Vise[/MENTION]
[MENTION=79]Inferno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39]Castiel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION]
[MENTION=121]Porkchop Express[/MENTION]

I'll put my votes in after school

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
1. The Rockers - This was a tough one because I really do love the Dudley boys, but I couldn't vote against The Rockers here.

2. The Road Warriors - Longevity once again wins out.

3. Rock 'n' Roll Express - Defined the babyface tag team? Check. A plethora of top notch matches? Check. Better than BMI and Briscoes? Check.

4. Midnight Express - The Midnight Express is the GOAT. Nothing else needs to be said here.

5. Brainbusters - Absolutely impossible not to vote for perhaps the second greatest tag team of all time.

Castiel

Reaction score
Rockers - Too amazing teams without a doubt. I can't vote against The Rockers though.

London & Kendrick - It may seem crazy but they're my favorite team of all time. Watching them was like The Rockers reborn in ways. Their matches entertained me more than LOD.

Rock n Roll Express - I decided to go watch some more R n R matches and I'm going to go with the majority here.

Edge & Christian - That pretty much makes my three favorite teams of all time in this round. They had it all.

Hart Foundation - Honestly, I haven't seen enough of The Brainbusters. I have seen plenty of HF though and they're good.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Dudleyz - Very accomplished, feel they contributed more to the division as a whole compared to The Rockers.

Road Warriors - Longevity

R n R - As much as I wanted to side with the Briscoes here, I just couldn't.

Edge and Christian

Brainbusters - Gotta go with Arn and Tully, they're my boys.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The Rockers - I barely made a choice but had to go with these two.

The Road Warriors - legendary

Rock n Roll Express - they're just a little better

The Midnight Express - come on, one of the greatest ever vs a three year team.

The Brain Busters - most difficult one but I had to go with these guys.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Dudleyz - not sure how a team that is best known for the way it broke up is beating a team that has had so much tag team gold...but oh well...Dudleyz are far and beyond a tag team that has had a greater impact on wrestling for over a decade...but I am looking at more then just match quality on this...plus u can't deny the longevity of the Dudleyz

LOD - is a no brainer....Londrick was lucky to make it this far

RnR - in spades over Briscoes and BMI

Midnight Express - as great as E&C are...the Midnight's did fuckin scaffold matches with LOD!

Brainbusters - if you break it down member by member there is now way the Harts can take Tully & Arn and well AMW just don't stand a chance

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Dudleyz - not sure how a team that is best known for the way it broke up is beating a team that has had so much tag team gold...but oh well...Dudleyz are far and beyond a tag team that has had a greater impact on wrestling for over a decade...but I am looking at more then just match quality on this...plus u can't deny the longevity of the Dudleyz
:this:

The Dudley Boyz are without a doubt one of the most legendary teams in the business. What other tandem can you say has been to the top of EVERY promotion they've been a apart of and has racked up 23 world titles to their credit? Plus they've been in some of the sickest matches of all-time. All their matches with Edge, Christian and the Hardy Boyz are unreal. The Rockers were great but they didn't last that long and Micheals accomplished so much more alone than he did with Marty. Which if I'm being honest wasn't much at all.

The Road Warriors and it's not even close. Sorry London but you can't compete with these legends.

Beer Money, Inc. so it's not a complete shut out. The Rock N' Roll Express clearly owned tag team wrestling for a period there but Beer Money still deserve a solid mention.

Edge & Christian were one of my all-time favorites growing up. If it weren't for these guys reeking of awesomeness every week I might not have become the fan of tag team wrestling I am today. I imagine this is why most of you voted for the Midnight Express. I still have to watch their TLC Matches once in a while because of how great they were.

The Brain Busters would literally bust the brains out of AMW's heads. I still can't fathom why they made it thus far. Brain Busters were legit bad asses and taking the tag scene by storm. They aren't stopping here and I hate to break it to them but not even a "Hart Attack" can slow them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.