The Good

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
We know the bad, we know the ugly but what about the good?

What do you enjoy about the product, week in and week out?

Me personally, I enjoy seeing Desmond Wolfe in action. I've always heard about him from his ROH days under Nigel McGuiness but most I heard was that he's all clotheslines. Wrong. Amazing talent, have to check out the Angle feud again, I missed out on some matches.

Beautiful People's theme song is still the best. Followed by Hardy.

Always enjoyed Kazarian in the ring, glad they finally put gold on him.

That's all I got, you?

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing Kendrick in action. I always have.

I also love Wolfe. His gimmick is great and he plays it to perfection. I loved when he screamed at the camera and the cops in that segment.

In my opinion, they're feuds don't get very old too often. They might be terrible, but you don't particularly flip the channel because they are too repetitive. At least me anyway.

That's all I got :/

xtremebadass

Reaction score
There are very few things I like about TNA right now, but here are some of the highlights, for me anyways...

1) It's the only outlet I get to see Jeff Hardy. Even if TNA's shit booking books him like complete shit, Jeff Hardy would still be in action and active, which is great in my book.

2) I have actually been digging the madness going on in the X-Division. With the title change, Douglas trapped overseas, which was real, saying he is the real champ, it actually turned into a cool angle and both men put on good matches.

3) I am glad they still use Wolfe. In a company being consumed by old timers and ex-WWE stars, Wolfe still remains in a somewhat major storyline, that's good to see.

Reaction score
The best thing about Impact is that I'm not forced at gunpoint to slog through every episode each week. If I was, I'd choose death.

I'm sure there are some things I like, but the amount of idiotic shananigans the bookers put on the show usually causes me to unfortunately overlook them when it should be the other way around.

Montana

Reaction score
I actually see a lot of positives in TNA's product (a lot of negatives too)

- AJ Styles - He could go down as one of the greatest wrestlers ever to not work for the WWE. I personally think he's close to that now in the past 30 years. I think he's a awesome talent.

- Tag/X-division belts still hold some value. At least you see Tag/X-division title matches on PPV. In all fairness, they've had a very strong tag divison, and the X-division is normally solid.

- Young stars - Guys like MCMG, Wolfe, LAX, Beer Money, Generation Me, you really don't see a ton of very talented young guys in the WWE. If they are, the WWE doesn't use them right.

- Veterns in promo roles - Angle, Jarrett, Foley, Flair, Hogan are all good-great at cutting promos and TNA knows this. I think their promos are pretty good in TNA.

- The Pope - glad to see he's doing well in TNA. He's a great talent.

- PPV series. I think they have the right idea. You can watch all 12 PPV's of the year and get good story/idea of the year. They go all out for BFG. I feel they book their PPV's fairly well.

- Variety...high flying, hardcare, wrestling action. They have a good mix.

( With all these reasons, it's kinda odd why TNA drops the ball so much )

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
WWE uses their young talent better than TNA.

Aside from Beer Money (which is a "Good"), when have you seen or better yet, remembered any of those "utilized talents" in something worth anything on iMPACT? I haven't seen Gen Me since Destination X. Wolfe is the Hogan Punching Bag. LAX is split. Hernandez got deported and Homicide is a jobber. MCMG HAD a tag title shot but lost to Morgan and Red and that was a little over a month ago.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
^ HEY, this is The Good, not the bad thread on TNA. If you're gonna complain move it to one of the other 4623829 threads on here already.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I was actually talking about this with a friend of mine while watching Impact last night.

The Good:

AJ- I have always been a huge AJ fan, I was actually all for the Flair/AJ combo, and even now, he isn't the greatest heel but I am enjoying it. Plus, just getting to watch him wrestle is good enough, I think he is one of the top workers in the world today.

Wolfe- Like already stated, he is amazing in the ring, plus in a typically older worker dominated show he is getting quite a bit of air time. I honestly am liking his program with Abyss, the way he "set up" Abyss was pretty good imo. Which brings up my next reason..

Abyss- You guys can shit on him all you want, but I'm an Abyss fan. I have to admit this whole "Abyssamaniac" bullshit since Hogan came in I am not as very big fan of, but he is a quality big man imo. It's been like that most of Abyss' time in TNA. He gets stuck in some AWFUL feuds but he is a go-to guy of sorts for TNA. When you need someone to help someone look good, look no furter than Chris Parks.

Samoa Joe- I love watching him work. He has got to be on my top 10 of favorite wrestlers of the 00s. Much like Abyss, he has been in some awful feuds but is very consistant in work rate.

Matt Morgan- At first I didn't care for Morgan, but he is starting to really grow on me, he is really developing into a good big man for TNA. His 'feud' with Joe, if you can call it that is actuallty really nicely built imo.

Sting- I have always loved Sting, he was always my favorite wCw guy. I like his program with Jarrett. I am liking the heel turn, it has went much better than previous Sting turns. The dude can still put on good matches when called upon, much like The Undertaker, who I think their current roles in TNA and WWE respectively are helping them stay active as long as they have.

X Division/Tag Division- These are what I thought were going to go in the shitter when Hogan and co. came in. It's the very opposite, they are putting quite a bit of time and effort into he tag and X divisions. They have always put on great matches, and now the X division is getting some good angles imo, something they haven't had in a few years. The tag division is also getting more airtime. They have created/brought in a few teams that have really helped the division imo look more competitive.

Edit- With all that said, TNA should be 100X better than it is right now.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Hogan brought in The Nasty Boys and The Outsiders.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
That's not the point, with some of the teams formed/brought in over the last 6-8 months I really have noticed an improvement in the overall quailty of tag team matches imo.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
What teams? I'm missing something here? Who else besides Generation Me?

chessarmy

Reaction score
Samoa Joe: He's the best booked wrestler on the TNA roster right now, what he did last night on iMPACT! was exactly what I had in mind, beat up Morgan before he has a chance to even touch Joe. Perfect.

Velvet Sky: I love looking at her, hottest girl in wrestling

Desmond Wolfe: When he isn't jobbing he's easily one of my favorites, I'd love to see him get a big push and possibly a World Title run sometime down the line

The X-Division: The entire X-Division is still fun to watch, its in much better shape now than it was when Jarrett was in control

Sting's heel turn: I think its gonna work this time, he seems to be running with it and I'm actually interested to see what happens next with him

Thats it.

I know some of you are wondering why AJ Styles isn't on my list, thats because I don't like heel AJ. He just can't be Ric Flair Jr, it doesn't work and it never will. AJ is the face of TNA and I just don't see how they could want fans to boo him.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
What teams? I'm missing something here? Who else besides Generation Me?

I was also talking about Ink Inc also. I don't really like them but add them to Beer Money, MCMG, GenMe, 3D, The Outsiders and potentially LAX if they decide to put them back together that is more than enough to have a competitve tag division. Say what you want about The Outsiders/The Band or whatever you want to call them, in terms of kayfabe they are looked at as a serious contending team. With the amount of teams I mentioned I see the TNA tag division as better than the WWE.