The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly : WWE Monday Night Raw 1/31/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
What's good everyone! This is my first review in a long, long time - but what a better way to start then the Monday night Raw that starts the Road to Wrestlemania? In this review, I will point out what I feel were the good parts of Raw.. The bad parts of Raw... and the ugly parts of Raw.. I'm also going to grade them all from 1-5 on how I feel it went.

For pay per views, I have another idea - but we'll wait till TNA Against All Odds for that.

So lets began!

The Good

* Johnny Ace ; CM Punk ; Daniel Bryan ; Sheamus Segment

- Nice way to jump start Raw, especially with Ace sucking up to the fans and the King constantly stating the obvious. Punk's role in the promo was pure gold when it comes to Ace. However, when Bryan came into the ring.. I felt like Punk was somewhat bitching out to him? Lets face it, the WWE is blatantly making it look like the WWE Title means more then the World Title, so was the WWE Champion looking somewhat.. I don't know? Scared

- I loved Punk's comments toward Ace, and I also liked how Bryan showed a some edge while talking to Punk.. What I didn't like was Sheamus coming out. I honestly think Sheamus almost ruined the promo.. I would rather have seen him confront Bryan and Punk backstage because that easily could of made Sheamus' choice seem more interesting. Besides, why did Sheamus even speak with Ace? Isn't Sheamus a Smackdown! superstar?

- Regardless, the segment was fun and the handshake between Bryan and Punk made it even better. A definite hit.

* Johnny Ace ; Triple H Segment interrupted by the Undertaker

- The exchanges between Trips and Ace I didn't care for. I did however love how Ace continued to make himself look like the good guy. I also loved how he kept fucking up his words, but that's a different story.. My favorite part?

The Deadman Returns!

- Triple H not answering Takers request was pure gold. I think I know where this is heading but I won't spoil it for anyone, but if what I think is going to happen, happens.. Pure gold my friends.

* Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

- I may be in the minority, but I love having Orton back. He has the persona to make his match fun regardless of who he's facing, and he took on Dolph Ziggler who's one of the best on the Raw brand, and hell, the WWE right now. Loved how neither man looked week during the match, and I was a big fan of Barret during some commentary from his Skybox seat.. Reminded me of classic WWF 95-98.

- Match was great overall, and I see why they gave Orton the win - since he did just return and Dolph didn't lose any credibility what so ever since he looked great in the match. A definite hit.

* CM Punk and Daniel Bryan Backstage Segment

Nice little segment to plant seeds into a possible and potential feud. But, didn't Punk claim to be a role model during the SES act? Um?

* CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

I'd have to say this was the best television match in 2012 thus far. Both of them worked their asses off, but I think these two know something we don't. I mean, do you think either of these guys gave it their all on Raw? I mean like, everything they have? I don't think so.. I see this as the feud of the summer this year.

Great match though, and loved seeing Jericho Code Breaker Punk.. Lets see where this goes. :dancing:

* Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz

- Didn't really care for R-Truth at ringside, but it was a solid match overall. Seems like the WWE is pushing Kofi somewhat again. I always liked Kofi, but he needs more time to talk. and he needs to drop that always happy act. Miz on the other hand needs to snap. I was loving when he was hurting all his ex friends. They need to make Miz more vicious.. Almost like a Triple H heel because his current act is going to get stale very soon.

- Still an overall good match, and I can't complain about the outcome.

* Kane and Cena Brawl

- Fucking loved this. Cena finally showed some edge, and Kane took that beating perfectly. As much as I didn't like Cena, I have to admit.. This 'Embrace the Hate" angle made actually start liking him if you don't count out the 'I just shit myself face' he gave. Looking forward to how they continue this.

The Bad

* Brodus Clay vs Tyler Reks

- If Brodus gets another squash next week, I'm flipping the channel from that point on whenever he's on television. The gimmick was fun the first two weeks, but it's old now.. Give this guy a feud.

* Eve vs. Beth Phoenix

- This match was a complete squash. However, as seen above - the post match thing was definitely great.

The Ugly

* Regal and Ace segment

Some people found this funny, I didn't. Regal should be a bonafied hall of famer, and he's being used to make jokes about conjoined children. That's just sad, and I can't believe Regal agreed to it. Regal would be a better fit doing commentary as the third wheel on Raw, or being a manager for someone who doesn't seem to be connecting with the crowd. (Wade Barrett?)

------------------------------

Overall Raw Rating : 4/5
Best Match - Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk
Best Segment - Opening Segment
Favorite Part - Cena and Kane Brawl

----

This concludes my first "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly!" Hope to bring you more!

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
or being a manager for someone who doesn't seem to be connecting with the crowd. (Wade Barrett?)

Wade Barrett doesn't need to have a manager. He is doing good single. I pretty like his mic work with his english accent and he's starting to build some momentum. Just hope that Orton doesn't cut it off as WWE always uses him to.

BTW, nice work here.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree with most of it, nice to see a positive slant on a review for a change.

Danielson v Punk is already a contender for MOTY.

Can't agree on the opening seg, IMO it was awful.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good review here though I thought the opening segment could have been a lot better it was okay. Didn't see the Regal segment must have missed it I guess.

PY.

Reaction score
I'll do the next on by Frisay since I'm still recovering from Superbowl weekend.

I do a Smackdown run down two nights before a PPV, and a Pros and Cons So and So Pay Perr View