The Gimmick Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The gun-wielding, shooting at Stone Cold after Austin kicked a car door into some guys skull on his property, Brian Pillman? Flyin' Brian Pillman was his best persona... just because that's who he was.

A gimmick I've always loved was Raven.

Reaction score
I thought that Jericho's heel running was starting to get stale, but now that he is doing this thing with Mickey Rourke I'm kinda starting to think its ok again. Ask me again after Mania.

Airfixx

No love for the Macho King?

Savage was cool as fuck; period, but when he teamed up with Sherri, became King and they were doing all the Kingdom Of The Madness promo's Savage's gimmick went supa-nova!

The quintessential King Of The Ring, IMO. (Take note Booker & Sharmell!)

These day's it's Orton, hands-down.

Although, even though I guess it's more his character than the gimmick per-say, MVP is the shit too!

How about every smark's favourite, Eugene?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Only complany....IED is linked to steroid use.....so..uh...that's not good.lol

Actually, the news sites kinda exaggerated here. It's not always linked to steroid use, just steroid use can make it worse. So people can still have it without using steroids. So, steroid use is considered as any part of the disorder, just a variable. If you look at the Wikipedia page (please, don't bother, I know), it doesn't mention steroids or hormones once. It actually says that it's believed that it's not caused by substance abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_explosive_disorder

P.S. I'm not trying to belittle you or anything, I just hate the news sites for smearing everything without doing proper research. I wonder if they think heart disease only comes from steroid use too?

Orndorff#1

Reaction score
A great thread so well done.

Orton is the main man at the moment. We see that most at the shows appreciate the fact that this guy is an excellent performer and plays the heel brilliantly. Love the disorder angle as it gives the WWE more of an excuse to have this guy kick anyone's head in. Wait for the old lady in the crowd who gets the blue rinse kicked outta her head haha.

HBK's story at the moment is lame and would we be safe to say that it will end with him taking out JBL just as he is about to win a title or a grudge match at Wrestlemania that HBK wins as his swansong?

CMPunk's mixed martial arts background gimmick is also tiresome. I saw a match where his moves were supposed look very martial arts like but they were nowhere near it.

Khali? the least said, the better!

Mat Hardy heel turn? A good move by the WWE. I don't really like watching him wrestle but the heel turn may stop me from changing the channel during one of his fights.

Kozlov? May as well not be there. No body seems to care.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Matt Hardy's heel turn so far has been pretty good, but I think it'll only become great if the WWE caps it off with an interesting storyline (i.e. not having Edge or Matt be the one who committed the attacks). I like the idea of these "truthful" heels who assume responsibility for their actions... so having either guy lying about attacking Jeff would just piss me off.

LKP

Matt Hardy s heel turn happened at the right time i think. And he pulls off the heel guy so much better than the face one. He has the facial expressions down to a tee. The era of mattitude has come back yay :)