OOC The Future of the PS4 League

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
proxy.php

Hey guys... as most of you know, both leagues have been going downhill in terms of membership and with the way things are going at the moment, it doesn't look like members will be going up. I love this league, not only from a competitors point of view but from a GM's as well. I've met some great people here, and I don't want this to die.

Me and a few others have been discussing potential ideas for the future of this league, and there is one thing that I feel needs adjusting in order to make this a more populated place and a more fun place, instead of it being a chore every week. What is it you may ask? Well... I just said it, making the league a more fun place.

This doesn't involve completely taking away the competitiveness in the league, of course wins and losses still matter a lot in what titles that people compete for and how they move up in the rankings. However, I want people to have more freedom in what they can do. This includes more focused on storylines and rivalries, how everything is presented in a thread and of course having a fun time whilst playing.

A reboot will take place. Champions will be stripped of their titles, wins and losses will be erased, and some PPV's may be potentially changed. However, what will stay is the history of this league. Think of it as a new owner in town. Jack Rogue will still be remembered as the Precision Champion, and Joseph Diamond will still be remembered for kidnapping an old man. (Poor Reginald)

There are two options for this reboot..

1 - We start now.
The change will take place either in the next week or the week after with sign ups resetting along with most of the other threads, a tournament will take place (the size of it depending on how many people sign up, first come first served) to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion, the ONLY world title that will be in Precision. Secondary titles will include the Intercontinental Championship and the Survival Championship, and depending on the feud/rivalry, could potentially steal the main event of a PPV away from the current World title. It's all about having fun whilst still having some competitive element to it.

2 - We wait until 2K18.
Pretty much what I just said in the above, but it taking place a few weeks after WWE 2K18 comes out.

Of course there are other options like shutting down the league all together (I really don't want to do this), and waiting a long period of time before rebooting this again.

Just like Jet, I want proper discussion. Please give your feedback on what you would do to make this a better place and I value your guys' opinions as much as my own. I've tried to explain this the best I can.

Thank you everyone.

- King​

Reactions: Filet-o-Fish

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I want to see whatever will bring in new people/bring former members back. In my eyes a lack of members is the only issue here, I like the current balance between competition and creativity, the idea of the Hierarchy, the characters we have/had, etc etc. But if a lot of other people have different problems then I want to see whatever will bring them to the league on a consistent basis.

Filet-o-Fish

The Showoff
Reaction score
I say we start now, this is the rejuvenation the league needs and this is one step towards that, it's a great idea and gives everyone a plethora of ideas to go off, storylines can be built more frequently and rivalries will be created over time. I do reckon a restart, that is rebooted now can bring members back and bring some inactive members back to activity, so I think we should go with option one. Even though you haven't been GM long, you're definitely the most capable and probably the best General Manager we've had here and that is why I see the league growing stronger with this idea. [HASHTAG]#IStandWithSonic[/HASHTAG].

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Also btw, other than a reset of titles I'm not too clear on exactly what this "new start" would entail. I guess it'll likely take shape according to what people want, so, everyone: what do you want to see change, if anything?

I personally don't think anything needs changing, I like the way the league works currently with the exception of there being one or two belts too many, but that's imho - what do you want?????

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Also btw, other than a reset of titles I'm not too clear on exactly what this "new start" would entail. I guess it'll likely take shape according to what people want, so, everyone: what do you want to see change, if anything?

I personally don't think anything needs changing, I like the way the league works currently with the exception of there being one or two belts too many, but that's imho - what do you want?????

I would be open to just keeping titles the way they are... maybe with a unification match between the World and Precision titles?

Honestly... not much needs to be changed, most things are fine as they are. It's just more of a focus towards storylines and how things are presented in threads, as well as making it a fun place. There would be always something to do. Bored and have nothing do? Try and go for the Survival title and/or make an interesting rivalry that will elevate you and the other person in it to either IC title contenders or even World title contenders. Heck, even do a rivalry around the Survival title to elevate that.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I would be open to just keeping titles the way they are... maybe with a unification match between the World and Precision titles?

Honestly... not much needs to be changed, most things are fine as they are. It's just more of a focus towards storylines and how things are presented in threads, as well as making it a fun place. There would be always something to do. Bored and have nothing do? Try and go for the Survival title and/or make an interesting rivalry that will elevate you and the other person in it to either IC title contenders or even World title contenders. Heck, even do a rivalry around the Survival title to elevate that.
I love an increased encouragement of people to feud but first we need people. If other people have crazier ideas that will make people say "ooh, I'll join" I'd love to hear them.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
Well, as explained numerous times, I suffer from a lack of motivation to promo and make the effort since I feel like I get nothing out of it anymore. In 2k15-16, I was promoting because I'm super competitive and I wanted title shots and shit to show that I'm better at the game than everyone else. Fast forward to now, I've never been the best at the game and literally all of my championships have come from my work in promos and not my success in the matches and I find myself with nothing to promo for. It's a sense of been there, done that and why do it again. If you could find new ways to motivate me, I'd gladly rejoin.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score

On the title business, I think that the WHC and the IC titles are enough. Very few people every want to go for the Survival Championship as it is and so I think that it should be scrapped.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
proxy.php

Hey guys... as most of you know, both leagues have been going downhill in terms of membership and with the way things are going at the moment, it doesn't look like members will be going up. I love this league, not only from a competitors point of view but from a GM's as well. I've met some great people here, and I don't want this to die.

Me and a few others have been discussing potential ideas for the future of this league, and there is one thing that I feel needs adjusting in order to make this a more populated place and a more fun place, instead of it being a chore every week. What is it you may ask? Well... I just said it, making the league a more fun place.

This doesn't involve completely taking away the competitiveness in the league, of course wins and losses still matter a lot in what titles that people compete for and how they move up in the rankings. However, I want people to have more freedom in what they can do. This includes more focused on storylines and rivalries, how everything is presented in a thread and of course having a fun time whilst playing.

A reboot will take place. Champions will be stripped of their titles, wins and losses will be erased, and some PPV's may be potentially changed. However, what will stay is the history of this league. Think of it as a new owner in town. Jack Rogue will still be remembered as the Precision Champion, and Joseph Diamond will still be remembered for kidnapping an old man. (Poor Reginald)

There are two options for this reboot..

1 - We start now.
The change will take place either in the next week or the week after with sign ups resetting along with most of the other threads, a tournament will take place (the size of it depending on how many people sign up, first come first served) to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion, the ONLY world title that will be in Precision. Secondary titles will include the Intercontinental Championship and the Survival Championship, and depending on the feud/rivalry, could potentially steal the main event of a PPV away from the current World title. It's all about having fun whilst still having some competitive element to it.

2 - We wait until 2K18.
Pretty much what I just said in the above, but it taking place a few weeks after WWE 2K18 comes out.

Of course there are other options like shutting down the league all together (I really don't want to do this), and waiting a long period of time before rebooting this again.

Just like Jet, I want proper discussion. Please give your feedback on what you would do to make this a better place and I value your guys' opinions as much as my own. I've tried to explain this the best I can.

Thank you everyone.

- King​
On the basis of our two options, I'd got for option 1 since if you reboot now and it doesn't go well, then option 2 is still there. Option 2 cancels out the chance that option 1 could work, Something that option 1 doesn't do to option 2. Better to have more options.

Options.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
On the basis of our two options, I'd got for option 1 since if you reboot now and it doesn't go well, then option 2 is still there. Option 2 cancels out the chance that option 1 could work, Something that option 1 doesn't do to option 2. Better to have more options.

Options.

There is technically 2 more.

- Ending it.

- Waiting a longer period of time before rebooting it.

but yeah it's nice to have more options. (and I'll try and think of some)

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
There is technically 2 more.

- Ending it.

- Waiting a longer period of time before rebooting it.

but yeah it's nice to have more options. (and I'll try and think of some)
I completely disregard "Ending it" as an option and "Waiting a longer period of time before rebooting" is essentially our aforementioned "Option 2" since we'd be waiting a good 6-8 months if "Option 2" takes effect.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know this hasn't been up that long but...

A decision has been made, it will be revealed either tommorow or on Tuesday.