The Following #Carrolism

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Everything up to the final 10 minutes was great. No idea why Emma is still alive though, hopefully she was the one blown up.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She was shown in the bar / cafe whatever it was afterwards so that's not happening.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Everything up to the final 10 minutes was great. No idea why Emma is still alive though, hopefully she was the one blown up.

Really other than beating the shit out of that guy I thought the whole show was probably the worst of the season.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I enjoyed the part when they tried to save parker and Ryan read it was all part of the plan.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Elsewhere.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Doesn't this show have scenes where they label white, gun owning Americans as terrorists?

This is relevant to the topic how? Stop trying to start shit.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Isn't this a discussion thread for the show? Sorry, I asked a question about it that wasn't positive. Based on the quality of the show and people like FAB promoting it I plan on watching it on a marathon sitting one of these days. I guess I'll just wait until I see it for myself then catch up with you folks.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's a show about a serial killer there is the occasional militant. But we both know that you asked that question in that manner to promote a specific response just like you have in other threads. Just like in the diva thread. Stop.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If Joe isn't still alive, then IDK if I'll be able to watch Season 2.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The season finale of The Following has come and gone, and we’ve already moved on to details about season2. We still have plenty of questions like whether or not serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) is still alive, are there new followers, and what happens after that surprise cliffhanger?

Answers won’t come until season 2 – likely in the company of more questions and mysteries – and while some fans might be ready to jump ship after the conclusion of the first season, it might be comforting to know that series creator Kevin Williamson, the man behind the Scream franchise, planned this tale through season 3.

Speaking with TV Line, executive producer Marcos Siega divulged plenty of details about season 2 (read more about that here), and he let this tidbit of information out of the bag:

There’s a big picture here. Kevin’s been very vocal about this being a passion project for him; he’s gone through a lot of stages and evolution about how he’s going to tell the story… But I do know that when he first sat down, he knew how three seasons could play out — and he could build beyond that. He had a solid foundation when he started.

So whereas some might think the writers just wrote the end of the first season without any idea of where to go, there’s at least a set path for Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) and Claire (Natalie Zea) to continue (at least if they survive). And there must some other followers out there to keep this interesting at least through a third season (if it makes it that far).

However, we’ve heard reassurances like this before – especially in the case of ABC’s Lost. Some fans are still bitter about how that series ended, and some of the strange turns that presented themselves throughout each season. It’s important to note, though, that as much as the writers touted a big plan for Lost, they were also open to changes. For example, the Benjamin Linus character was never meant to become a pivotal part of the show, but Michael Emerson made them want more out of the character, and that’s what happened.

In the case of Joe Carroll and his followers, any grudge from his cult won’t seem as substantial without significant ties to Hardy or Claire. The use of Hardy’s former fling (who was revealed to also be one of Joe’s followers) helps in that regard, but without Caroll, any other bad guy seems a little bit weak.

Right now, it seems like fans will give season 2 at least a couple of episodes to continue the arc and give them an idea of where Williamson might be headed with this cult, but it’s going to have to be a great set up to keep fans who don’t want the same old twists and turns as the first season.

Two season pretty sweet deal.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Finally managed to catch the season finale. I don't think there should be any way Joe would have survived the explosion. It's kind of far fetched that he would break through a wall, jump into the ocean and swam away. I don't care for joes ex character but I think Emma should be the focal point of the next season and if they decided to bring Joe back, have him return towards the end as a surprise and not right away into the first episode.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Finally managed to catch the season finale. I don't think there should be any way Joe would have survived the explosion. It's kind of far fetched that he would break through a wall, jump into the ocean and swam away. I don't care for joes ex character but I think Emma should be the focal point of the next season and if they decided to bring Joe back, have him return towards the end as a surprise and not right away into the first episode.

You've got to take into consideration that he's the master planner. He chose where to have the show down. He knew the fuel was there. He could have had an escape hatch etc. That said I was half expecting a chucky doll and a chant to put his soul in the doll.