The Eric Bischoff Ratings System

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

- Eric Bischoff has came up with the idea of doing ratings for top TNA contenders to justify them getting World Heavyweight Title shots. The Against All Odds countdown show last week saw the debut of the rating system.

So is this like how UFC gives title shots or what?

LKP

I think this is a stupid idea and tna if not careful could end up like tna. Remember guys booking and outcomes of matches are fake and planned so how does this work out?

Nation

I think this is a stupid idea and tna if not careful could end up like tna. Remember guys booking and outcomes of matches are fake and planned so how does this work out?

Alrighty then.

edgehead09

Reaction score

Umm go back to WCW circa 1990....The Top Ten rating system is a great idea. Sure, the outcomes are already made up. This helps to make storylines. Let's say wrestler A is Number 5 on the Top Ten and wrestler B is number 7. Wrestler A wants to move up in the list and needs to beat Wrestler C who is number 3. Wrestler A gets a match wit Wrestler C but Wrestler B interferes and causes Wrestler A to lose. Now, Wrestler A and Wrestler B are mad at each other and start a rivalry.

Beer Money Army

I think ROH use to use the ranking system of 2002-2004. Then they nixed the idea.

nothing really new at all.

Moonlight Drive

There's absolutely no point to this shit. Expect it to either be dropped in a month, or for TNA to book 100 'I want to get higher on TEH RANKINGZ~!' feuds, which is just lazy booking.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
why is it bad? just think of the frantic place the ratings will be come slammiversary for KOTM, i remember the ROH ratings system and didn't they have a top 6 and anyone in the top 6 could challenge for the title but anyone outside the top 6 could challenge for one of the top 6 spots or something? forbid it gives a lower card wrestler possibly value tv time against a top contender.

Axis

So I guess this means that all the Knockouts will soon be in line for TNA Championship matches.

I think ROH use to use the ranking system of 2002-2004. Then they nixed the idea.

You do realize this is completely different, right?

chessarmy

This is a good idea, lets see how things are going 2 months from now. I think its important to justify certain people getting world title shots and this rating system can do just that. They should also do something similar to WWE's "Power 25" or whatever it was, on tnawrestling.com