The Devil on Trial (Netflix)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
EN-US_TDOT_Main_Vertical_27x40_RGB_PRE.jpg

Release Date: October 17, 2023

Synopsis: The Devil on Trial explores the first — and only — time “demonic possession” has officially been used as a defense in a US murder trial. Including firsthand accounts of alleged devil possession and a shocking murder, this extraordinary story forces reflection on our fear of the unknown.

It was one of the most sensational murder trials of the 1980s. When Arne Cheyenne Johnson stabbed an acquaintance to death with a five-inch folding knife, Johnson presented one of the most shocking legal defenses in history: not guilty by virtue of demonic possession. As the press put it, “the Devil made me do it.”

Johnson’s shocking story began months earlier, when his girlfriend’s eleven-year-old brother, David, encountered a spectral figure looming at the foot of the bed and then started showing telltale signs of demonic possession. David suddenly spoke in Latin, levitated, and suffered beatings at the hands of an invisible demon. After a team of Catholic priests failed to drive the demon out, the case was taken up by Ed and Lorraine Warren. The Warrens had fought demons across the globe, but the Connecticut Devil would be one of their greatest challenges, and perhaps their most deadly.

Trailer:

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Conjuring 3 is what this is based from and I already knows what happens even before the Movie came out and it's pretty crazy knowing what I know. The Warrens have been apart of plenty of Cases before their deaths but they have said that this was one of the Cases that really took a toll on them.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The courts didn't buy that shit if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Also, the warrens where known hacks and con artist

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
As are all "paranormal experts".

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Though won't lie "paranormal" shows always get a good laugh from me

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's hilarious how scared those people are.......if I'm looking for something and actually find it, I'd be over the moon.

"I was right, I was right, eat a dick everyone who doubted me".

But nah, these people get spooked by almost everything.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Exactly! Be screaming like a mad man about it and all

Reactions: Deezy

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Really enjoyed this one and it made it really watchable especially when you have the Members of the Family who are still alive with the Audio Tapes from the Case. I would say if you're on either side of this one they'll talk about it it's not one sided like I thought I would see. One of David's oldest Brothers pretty much says this is bs and the Warrens took advantage of us as a family. He was 15 at the time and he talked about a situation where David was going throigh the possession and their Dad slapping David and him coming out of the possession and sitting down back on the Couch.

The Father thought David was going through some kind of mental breakdown and he would keep away from all of this while working constantly. I would say the Brother who said this is bs then explain your House with multiple Members saying it shook like someone was on top of the House and stuff in the Home flying across the Room. The Mother apparently through the statement of the oldest of the Brothers said their Mother used to put Sominex in the food causing multiple symptoms he said David and the rest of the family might of been going through. Even when the Warrens got there it got nuts hey dude did they have Sominex in their food as well? Either way he doesn't want to admit the Devil or something made David act like this not Sominex or the Warrens getting in his head.

I do believe David had this happen to him and he's still being effected by it as you watch this Doc. I do believe Arne was lately possesed himself which lead to the Murder. I've seen enough of these type of Shows and have believe in it through my own experiences and my family to know this happens all the time when a person gets possessed it takes over someone else who challenges them. Today like back then it would hard to convince a whole Jury that the Devil was involved in this. It's sad because at the end of the day the family is broken still now and a person is dead of what happened.