The Dark Knight Sequel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
On March 10, 2010, Nolan confirmed his involvement with a sequel and gave some information regarding the story. The next Batman film will be Nolan's last and a conclusion to the story. Nolan says, "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story . . . I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.†Nolan has also confirmed that Jonathan Nolan is writing the script and that the villain of the film “won't be Mr. Freeze.â€

Thoughts?

Wordlife

Reaction score
Interesting.... I read somewhere else that Mr. Freeze and the Penguin are for sure in the movie and it will have to do with Arkham Asylum a lot as a key plot to the film..... innnnteresting.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly think that the villian in this movie is going to be Two-Face. Even with the ending of The Dark Knight that teased him dying I think that he will be involved in the sequel somehow tbh

Wordlife

Reaction score
Gotta agree with you there, somehow I don't believe he died in TDK either.

Double J

Reaction score
I still don't think Ra's Al Ghul died either in the first one. If they are doing this as a conclusion then I think they should make it a year or two later and have it take place in Arkham where he briefly fights other well known villains. Though I do hope they continue the movies afterwards with the same cast.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't seen the movie in awhile but I think he just falls of the building and everything, but nothing is never actually said as to him dying or anything.

nation

Reaction score
Actually there was a funeral and the public mourned him as a hero because Batman didn't want the morale of the people to be crushed. So he let Gordan hold him responsible for the murders.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Oh was there? Well like I said I haven't seen the movie in quite some time lol. I still stick with my idea of Two Face being involved in the movie in some way. Of course I could be wrong.

Double J

Reaction score
Actually there was a funeral and the public mourned him as a hero because Batman didn't want the morale of the people to be crushed. So he let Gordan hold him responsible for the murders.

Yeah they had to say he was dead, they couldn't just say he ran away because that would crush the morale aswell since their hero ran away. There was no other way around it. I don't think it would of killed him since it didn't kill Bats (I know he was wearing armor but Dent fell right on his back, I would think he'd live from that.) Also the funeral was close casket so there might not even be a body in their, which of course could of been done due to his scarring if you want to get technical.

Also I never understood why they had to say Batman killed those people. I understand that it furthers the storyline and references the whole "Dark Knight" thing but they could of easily said Joker killed the people and no one would of known any better.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I hope Depp isn't in this movie. Don't really want to see a comedy actor as the riddler again. (granted he has talents but his recent roles in Pirates and Alice is reason enough to maybe even stay away from the riddler at all)

I wanna see Leo in this, he's probably the most gifted actor in hollywood and if you're going to have to top the villains from the past two plus with Heath's part immortalized you need something huge.

and in my opinion leo is the best actor, he can do any role thats within his size and skillset. He'd be a badass riddler compared to depp. Add paul giamantie(lol owned his name) as the penguin and that;s a badass cast imo.

noumenon

Reaction score
I hope Depp isn't in this movie. Don't really want to see a comedy actor as the riddler again. (granted he has talents but his recent roles in Pirates and Alice is reason enough to maybe even stay away from the riddler at all)

I wanna see Leo in this, he's probably the most gifted actor in hollywood and if you're going to have to top the villains from the past two plus with Heath's part immortalized you need something huge.

and in my opinion leo is the best actor, he can do any role thats within his size and skillset. He'd be a badass riddler compared to depp. Add paul giamantie(lol owned his name) as the penguin and that;s a badass cast imo.

If you like an actor who can butcher just about any accent he's handed... sure I guess.

Double J

Reaction score

Wait wait, Leo who? Leonardo Dicaprio? Oh hell no. He is the last person I could see as The Riddler or a villain period.

I'll admit I did want Depp as Riddler at one point but after seeing Alice I change my mind. Don't get me wrong he was good in the movie but it's like he couldn't stop being Jack Sparrow from time to time. I understand the Hatter was suppose to be mad but he could of went a different route than have him speak in the deep scottish/irish/whatever accent.

Reaction score
The first two are almost reality based. I don't how you make Mr. Freeze a realistic villian Although I thought Two-Face was next to impossible and they did that perfectly.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Wait wait, Leo who? Leonardo Dicaprio? Oh hell no. He is the last person I could see as The Riddler or a villain period.

I'll admit I did want Depp as Riddler at one point but after seeing Alice I change my mind. Don't get me wrong he was good in the movie but it's like he couldn't stop being Jack Sparrow from time to time. I understand the Hatter was suppose to be mad but he could of went a different route than have him speak in the deep scottish/irish/whatever accent.

Leo is so fucking good, he'll rape the shit out of you if you think he ain't shit.

It's probably the only role he hasn;t done, which probably turns that sick fuck on. Who wants to see Depp do the same old role modified yay his smile is a snarl.

Leo as a cracked out riddler would rock the shit out the role. He'll take his blood diamond accent, badassery from the departed and his paranoia from shutter island. show us some new shit we haven't seen that will be fucking exciting and different. Leo would kick ass mangs