The Dark Knight Rises was nothing short of AMAZING (No Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
fuckin wow...

I don't want to say too much, but Joseph muthafuckin Gordon-Levitt!

any of you see it yet? How great was Bane!? He was absolutely demolishing Batman on Brock Lesnar/Zach Gowen levels. Like, seriously. Movie tops the first two easily.

Batman Begins - 9

TDK - 9.5

TDKR - 10

there's not even a comparison between TDKR and The Avengers. This is simply a better movie on every level.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LMFAO, naw, The Avengers bodied this... but this shit was perfect.

Not to spoil anything, JGL was awesome, the story was incredible, and the ending? My God! They could have gone so many directions, but they ended this the right way, absolutely.

BTW, if this counts as a spoiler, sorry, but, the fact that Nolan is doing Man of Steel!? I'm assuming he's going to be running The Justice League, which means we'll probably be seeing his Batman in the movie...

Rell

Reaction score
The Avengers isn't close to seeing TDKR and you know it. Don't kid yourself. The Avengers was 2 hours of comic relief compared to the emotional roller-coaster that was TDKR. As far as villains, Bane was the man compared to Loki's twerp ass. Also, didn't think JGL's performance was all that great...to me, Michael Caine had the best performance, but the revelation of who JGL's character actually was left the entire theater marking the fuck out. Hours later, I'm still excited!

Nolan isn't directing Man of Steel, he's the producer or something. Zack Snyder is doing Man of Steel, and his last couple of flicks were trash. Watchmen and Sucker Punch completely ruined slow motion forever. Hopefully his one-trick pony ass he doesn't pull that slow-mo shit again with Man of Steel. He's been hit or miss since 300..

any who, what was wrong with the ending? My only gripe was Banes anti-climatic ending, but then again, he's not really confirmed dead. I also didn't like how Bane was pretty much a pawn to introduce Talia Al Ghul, but it was still a cool twist.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The movie JUST came out, it took me three viewings of TDK to really appreciate how great of a movie it was. Let DKR breathe before you start ranking.

And just for fun cause I haven't seen it yet:

Dark Knight > Batman > Mask of the Phantasm > Batman Begins > Batman Forever > Batman Returns > Batman & Robin

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Batman > Batman Forever

BTW, I wasn't saying Nolan was directing Man of Steel, I'm saying him being involved producing (still a huge deal) makes me think he'll be involving HIS Batman in The Justice League.

And I said they ended it the right way.

I just hope Nolan was lying about being done with Batman, because the opportunity for a Nightwing movie, or at least focusing on a Nightwing and Azrael as Batman story would be awesome, especially setting up for a Wayne return as Batman in the future. But that's speculation that they carry on with Batman the hero, and not Batman the Dark Knight

Reaction score
^^^I'm not 100%, but I think you need to turn the sarcasm detector up a notch or two.

I won't get into this, I think the last one wasn't even the best comic based movie that summer and felt the Watchmen slapped on it on so, so many levels and Heath Ledger's Joker might be hands down the most over rated role in movie history. I am very saddened by the stigma that will be held to this movie due to the tragedy in Colorado. In all honesty, I can't wait to see the most epic of all comic movies...Coon and Friends; The Movie.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
There must be some kind of omen on Nolan and Batman. After TDK, Heath commits suicide. Takes years to convince the guy to do another movie after that tragedy; he finally does, the Aurora tragedy happens. I don't think Nolan will be fucking with Batman much again.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Enzo said:
^^^I'm not 100%, but I think you need to turn the sarcasm detector up a notch or two.

No, Forever is my favorite of the series. I recently rewatched and thought TLJ was great as Two-Face and Carrey was fantastic as Riddler, although in his scientist role as Ed Nygma, he certainly could have toned it down a bit. And all in all, it was just a fun movie with an original take on the series. I'm not a fan of any Batman movies after Forever. B&R failed miserably and it's pretty much the undisputed worst of the series. The other films just go overboard on trying to be dark & serious, when i've read all that in the comics and it was pulled off much better then. In the end: Forever is an enjoyable movie in it's own world. The new trilogy is a condensed and watered down version of the comics with a cool tone and a dead guy that played Joker that everyone could overrate. (We definitely agree there.)

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
And Nino, Nolan's whole basis for the Joker character in TDK was the 1996 reboot of Two-Face, lol. So yeah, TLJ did a great job basically.

Reaction score
Dark Knight Rises was a great movie. I give it an 8/10 as it lacked in some areas, and had some things that made me go ??? but, well it was still a fantastic movie. And if Michael Caine had just had a few more parts in the movie, I'd nominate him for a fucking Oscar. Seriously one of the best performances I've seen all year.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Going to see this tonight. Currently sporting a massive erection in anticipation.

Rell

Reaction score
it currently has a 9.1 rating on imdb

if it holds up, which is highly possible considering the scores of Inception, Batman Begins, TDK and Memento...this rating would make TDKR #4 on IMDB's top 250 movie list, pretty much solidifying Nolan as the greatest of all time.

:batista: