The CW Title Is Officially Gone

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
-- The WWE Cruiserweight Championship has been officially retired. On the WWE.com title history page, they recently moved the WWE Cruiserweight title from the listing grouping the active WWE titles, to the listing grouping defunct championship titles such as the Hardcore Championship, the European belt and the Light Heavyweight Championship. Back in September, Acting General Manager Vickie Guerrero forced Hornswoggle to surrender the Cruiserweight Championship, citing that his status as Mr. McMahon's son and his diminutive stature would eventually jeopardize his well-being.

CenaMark54

The greatest CW champion just so happened to be the last.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I guess all the former CW-contenders might as well just leave WWE. Though it's not like they got any spotlight even when the CW title was around.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I feel fairly confident that Helms will bring it back when he returns. Hopefully.

J

^^Yea dude i hope...That would be awesome...and as for retiring it thats so dumb...Why not just send it to ECW and stop sharing superstars...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
J-Dawg, you're using the "L" word. The use of that word is not allowed when it comes to the WWE.

McLovin

Reaction score
I don't think ECW is a long term investment to be honest, it'll be gone by the end of next year by the least or lowered to being shown on WWE.COM ONLY.

RKOrton.

Reaction score
I hope Helms brings it back with him. He was a great champion and he'd be best to bring the belt back.

J

Yea it would be awesome for Helms to bring it back with him but first they need to get a set cruiserweight division back together...I'd rather them drop the tag titles if they need to...The Cruiserweight division was alot more entertainin' then the tag division before Helms got injured...

HHHforever

Reaction score
I agree that they should send it to ECW and give them something else to battle over. There's no reason for SD! to have 3 different singles titles, but whatever. I doubt it'll be gone forever, I could see them bringing it back eventually but one never knows.

C4

It's gonna add some spice on the ECW Show, I hope they bring it back sometime soon on ECW and if Helms is the one who brings it back then it should be ECW because on Smackdown the Championship is pointless.

Techniq

Reaction score
Too bad, that title didn't amount too much nor did it get much play but it was always just nice to have a cruiserweight title or a light heavyweight title. They'll probably reinstate it some days down the line.

Evil Austin

just as we are talking about helms bringing it back he is been out since this time last year i think or maybe more ? i can't recall much i never watched smackdown every week maybe once every three it got boring. Anyway is there a set date of his return ?