The Concert Review Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I tend to get out to a lot of shows since my wife is in the industry and I manage an up and coming artist in my spare time, and I think it would be cool to share my thoughts on all the various acts I see. I know there are some other concert-goer's here so if you go to a show, make sure to come here afterwards and let us know what you thought of it.

I'll be hitting up a NXNE Showcase tonight as my wife has a couple of acts there and my own artist is closing the show, so I will most definitely post my thoughts on the whole affair tomorrow morning

Peyton Sawyer

Sadly the only concert I've ever been to was for the Jonas brothers because I was babysitting lol But I look forward to hearing about the concerts you go to :D

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ouch, Jonas Brothers FTL, I am sure it was still entertaining though. ;)

I went to a showcase as part of the North by Northeast festival last night as an artist I represent was playing and he killed it so that makes me very happy. I will make sure to put some of his stuff on Pulse once we are finished the recording process. We hope to have his debut album out by August so look forward to that. The other acts were quite good as well, including a great female vocalist and her backing group "Alexandra and the Fellas". She did a great version of Bob Seger's "Night Moves" which was a touching tribute to the legendary producer Jack Richardson (Seger, Guess Who) who recently passed away. As a former student of Richardson's it was a really nice moment for me and I made sure to let her know how great she was after her set.

The real standout (apart from my guy of course) was The Seedy Seeds. I got into a converstion with the banjo/guitar player about the Da Vinci sleep method and it somehow drifted into the merits of multiple handicapped parking spots in Cincinnatti so yeah, good times. Actually he was quite hilarious and reminded me of a good friend of mine so we got along famously, especially after discovering our mutual man-crush on the late John Ritter. Anyhow, the band themselves were nothing short of spectacular and certainly eclectic enough to catch the attention of even random passers by who stopped to watch them play. Always a good sign when you are able to do that. So here's a tune by The Seedy Seeds, since I feel they deserve a little love around here, hope you all enjoy it....

[youtube]WD1i9cdiNR0[/youtube]

And in case you are interested in checking out more of this great band here is their website, support independent music today!

http://www.theseedyseeds.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellie

Reaction score
2 weeks today untill I see Duran Duran, im sure you guys will be waiting will bells on for a review of that show lol :shifty: lately ive been seeing alot of daggy 80's bands such as Culture Club, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears, Go west

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
2 weeks today untill I see Duran Duran, im sure you guys will be waiting will bells on for a review of that show lol :shifty: lately ive been seeing alot of daggy 80's bands such as Culture Club, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears, Go west
How was the Spandau Ballet show? And yes, I want to hear the review of Duran Duran, but only if they play "Girls on Film". :lol:

Kellie

Reaction score
Spandau Ballet were amazing, they hadnt changed much, just got older and fatter lol, they bought Tears For Fears with them and they were better, a few months ago I was supposed to go to a huge 80's festival but it was cancelled .. Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet and Go West still came out, so I went and saw them .. Go West were great to see

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Spandau Ballet were amazing, they hadnt changed much, just got older and fatter lol, they bought Tears For Fears with them and they were better, a few months ago I was supposed to go to a huge 80's festival but it was cancelled .. Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet and Go West still came out, so I went and saw them .. Go West were great to see
I hope Spandau comes around here at some point, I'd love to see them. I saw Crowded House last year and they hadn't lost much of a step. Some of the 80's bands can still kick it when they have to.