The Bracket for the United States Title Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crimson

Reaction score
26047250_1507009376061605_3183636728851236472_n.png

Place your bets.

Crimson

Reaction score
I'd say the final will be Jinder Mahal vs Bobby Roode & Mahal buries Roode

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to say in the end Jinder will win the belt and
Ziggler will return to challenge him for it at the Rumble.

I'd also like to see the a multi-man ladder match for the
U.S title at Wrestlemania 34 featuring...

Dolph Ziggler
Jinder Mahal
Bobby Roode
Baron Corbin
Tye Dillinger
Mojo Rawley
Zack Ryder

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
What's the point of having a tournament when most of them are jobbers/in tag division

Crimson

Reaction score
What's the point of having a tournament when most of them are jobbers/in tag division
There's no one else. In WWE, you're either in the tag team division or main event. There's no midcard.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm looking forward to the Mojo vs Zack match given the turn recently.

Bet? Bobby fucking Roode, bitches!

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Why is Aiden English in this and Rusev not? or Tye Dillinger for that matter? (not that I don't like the guy, but he hasn't been doing anything relevant for a long time)

Predictions
Mojo over Ryder
Xavier Woods over Aiden English

Bobby Roode over Mojo
Jinder Mahal over Xavier Woods

Jinder Mahal becomes new US champion at Royal Rumble. I agree with Grievs that Ziggler will return shortly after that (maybe at RR or the SD after) and challenge him.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'd assume Rusev isn't there because WWE wants Jinder to win and they want Rusev to avoid a pointless loss

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
And do they want the winner to be predictable. Because we all know that it' most likel Roode or Jinder, which makes the other matches pretty boring.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I would love to see Xavier Woods win the whole thing. Hes always been my favorite member of New Day. I feel like he could really stand out with a singles push if they booked it right. It could also create an interesting storyline within the New Day, because the success of winning a singles could go to his head, and he could act like a big shot heel. Maybe we could get a triple threat US title match at Wrestlemania, with all 3 members of New Day facing each other.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would love to see Xavier Woods win the whole thing. Hes always been my favorite member of New Day. I feel like he could really stand out with a singles push if they booked it right. It could also create an interesting storyline within the New Day, because the success of winning a singles could go to his head, and he could act like a big shot heel. Maybe we could get a triple threat US title match at Wrestlemania, with all 3 members of New Day facing each other.

Now that right there is some great thinking. That is a match I would be interested in seeing. And in the longer run they could then play on the idea that Xavier is weak minded because if you think back to the new day vs Wyatt family feud, he nearly succumbed to their creepy-ness and mind games.
They could have Big E be a brute force in singles. Demolish guys on his way to the wwe championship. He could honestly work as either face or heel.
Put Kofi in the US title picture as a single competitor. Face. Give him some bad luck in singles at first.

But knowing wwe they'll do what they do best and botch a great storyline.

Being that it's new day, they'll have it seem like they're turning on each other. Build it up to a match at mania. Have a spectacular triple threat. Hug it out and reunite. Because of the power of positivity. And make some sort of storyline about overcoming your differences with friends.
And all 3 will share the US title.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'm going to change my vote to Mojo winning it all

I can see Mojo beating Roode via interference from big bad Baron Corbin, Woods beating Mahal via New Day taking care of the Singhs, and Mojo beating Woods at the Rumble

Then at Fastlane we have New Day vs team Mahal and Roode beats Mojo. Dolph comes back, does his whole, "Haha I ruined your moment" shtick, and then loses at WrestleMania. Having Mojo as a transitional champ may suck, especially in terms of booking, but I can see WWE wanting to have Ziggler ruin Roode's moment but not blow their load at the Rumble