The Blacklist

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The_Blacklist_NBC_logo.jpg

Starring: James Spader, Megan Boone

Plot: Raymond "Red" Reddington, one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, surrenders in person at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He claims that he and the FBI have the same interests: bringing down dangerous criminals and terrorists. Reddington will co-operate, but insists that he will speak only to Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler. Keen questions Reddington's sudden interest in her, though he claims that Keen is very special. After the FBI brings down a terrorist he provided information on, Reddington reveals that the terrorist is only just the first of many. In the last two decades, he's made a list of criminals and terrorists he believes the FBI cannot find because they did not know they exist and that they matter the most. Reddington calls it "The Blacklist".

[YOUTUBE]k9_qgX7pTlc[/YOUTUBE]
This is my most anticipated new show of the season. Like the concept of a most wanted fugitive turning himself in in order to take down other dangerous criminals. Looking forward to finding out why he would do such a thing and what he has to gain for doing it. James Spader is a boss in the trailer and the interaction with the rookie FBI profiler is a bit similar to Silence of the Lambs.

Premiered a couple of days ago and will be shown in Australia starting in a couple of weeks. Anyone watched this yet? Did the pilot live up to the hype?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I have it saved on the DVR [MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION] will probably watch it tomorrow night..... I'll give ya some thoughts (without giving anything away of course) this weekend..

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
watched the first episode and really enjoyed it, edge of the seat kind of show... James Spader is fantastic... Major plotline seems a bit too obvious so I'm assuming there is a swerve of sorts in the works... Definitely worth a watch

Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I like the premise and I like the delivery but I feel like the promos gave away most of the first episode.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
agreed to a point [MENTION=204].Coulson.[/MENTION] ...... They gave away alot in the promos, but most likely to gain an audience... Hopefully we get deeper into sotrylines tonight and going forward, first episode was a good start but they can't keep that pace for the whole season, need more substance

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Watched the first episode Monday night and enjoyed it. Will add this to my list of tv drama shows to watch after gaining Bates Motel and The Americans last season. Good to have some replacements with Dexter and Breaking Bad over, not that I am comparing them.

I agree that they gave away a lot of that first episode in the promos but it still delivered. Really liked that early shot when Spader surrenders and all the guns are trained on him. There was a lot going on with Liz in this episode, agree that they need to flesh it out more. So much happened with her, first day at work, adopting a child, husband is a spy(?), terrorist in her house, got attacked, stopped a terrorist, saved a child, etc. Lots of story that they can add to and explain going forward. To me it seems like she is Spader's child and that is why he knows so much about her.

The premise here should make for quality episodes weekly but there needs to be an underlying big storyline to link the whole season and lead to something big.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah her being Spader's daughter is the point that seemed way to obvious to me... like they either want us to think it or know it very early on so they can swerve the shit out of us down the road... I'll definitely be watching..

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I feel like they're giving too many clues towards it I can only hope this means they're going to swerve it. Make her think this and then him say no why ever would you think that.

Weez

Reaction score
Two episodes in and I gotta say I'm impressed. The show keeps you glued in.

Oh, just as a sidenote: It's up on Hulu, and it's still Free, next day viewing if anyone's interested in seeing it. And so far, both episodes are still viewable for free, so if that continues to build viewership, it's great for us.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
2nd episode better than the first, IMO... some great twists and turns and they really got into some good character development stuff... I am thouroughly hooked... Spader is a fucking boss!!

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Feel like this thread needs a bump.... this show just keeps getting better, can't say enough about how good Spader is... storyline is really taking shape and the latest episode started to plant the seeds for the swerve I was looking for... Hope people are still watching..