The biggest FACE turn in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Lets be honest for a minute, its obvious that Edge certainly isn't as hot as he was a few years ago. I personally feel that he isn't as exciting as he once was. Maybe it was the loss of Vickie Guerrero, or maybe its just that Edge is getting stale. Imo, certain things can't go on for years and years without getting stale and I think Edge as a heel is an example of this. While he can still draw some heat from the crowd, I'm just not as into him as I once was. So, this begs the question that I'm sure many of you are wondering...should WWE turn him babyface? We've seen Edge as a face before and it certainly didn't work as well as it did when he was heel but due to the transformation that Edge has went through over the years, could it work now? Will he get the cheers that Cena, Trips, and Batista get?

What do you guys think? Is an Edge face turn a good idea just to shake things up?

CenaMark54

Edge, Triple H and Cena all need to turn. For the simple fact that it will create new matchups that we havent seen before, or havent seen in years. I'd love to see Orton vs Edge and I'd also like to see Cena vs Taker.

I think Edge vs Orton would be a legendary feud.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with above Edge, Cena, HHH all need a change Edge could go face or tweener. And HHH deffo needs a heels change. Cena could do with a change but as the Face of the company and bid merch seller i don't see that happening just yet. But all 3 need a change. I would also ad Tista to that list.

JMay187

Reaction score
I though Edge was a great babyface when he feuded with Kurt Angle.

Come on he came up with the who You Suck, You Suck

all the fans use to yell that out when his music hit

MikeRaw

Edge as a face now would suck. I think he could use a bit of a freshening up, but like I said in the other thread somewhere, I think people are overplaying his stale thing. He's gone under alot of changes. From bitter and hungry and a loner in 2004, to a betraying, evil motherfucker in 2005, to rated R with the sex, the violence, etc in 2006, to the Ultimate Oppurtunist in 2007, to the suckup type in 2008 with Vickie, and now slowly going back to his Rated Rish form, in terms of the violence and unstableness anyways. I think he could use a bit of a change of direction, which it's looking a bit like they're doing. But a face turn? That's ruin him, IMO.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Edge as face would suck, you mean?

If so, I agree. He's not stale at all imo. Sure the Vickie shit halted where he was going with his persona, but it looks as though it's picking up a bit now, and like it'll turn out for the best. You have to remember, Edge capitalized on Teddy when he was "ill" and then used Vickie to run Teddy out. Now with Teddy back, he could look to make Edge's life hell, and it'll give Edge more credibility as the top heel... if they choose to go that route. I see nothing stale in Edge atm. Again, he had a boring period with Vickie, but it appears that has run it's course... at least for the time being. Now if booking is smart, they just give Edge a badass storyline like he was in before the marriage, and everything is "fresh" again.

chessarmy

^ I actually loved his relationship with Vickie Guerrero. I thought it was very entertaining. It ran it's course though and I'm glad it ended now

Reaction score
The title of this thread really doesn't make much sense.

Anyways... Someone mentioned that Edge, Cena and Triple H all need to turn to freshen things up, but that's easier said than done. While it would freshen up SD! and make for some new feuds if Edge turned face, it just doesn't seem to make much sense to do it right now. There has been more focus on Orton this year, but realistically they are neck and neck as the two best heels in the company. The internet fans that think Edge is stale and have been complaining about him being an 8 time champ in 3 years are proving that the way that they have been booking Edge is working. With today's fans it's become increasingly difficult to be a face that gets all cheers, or a heel that gets all boo's. Edge already has the majority of the audience booing him, but he does have a number of smark fans. So if he can get them against him as well, then that just proves how good of a heel he is, and there would be no reason to turn him face.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Edge as a face makes me throw up a little. Edge is overly stale as a face and this point in time I can't see it. Few months back when they broke up, they teased a little for a face turn when La Famailia was functioned. But it was more tweener if anything. Edge won't be able to go face again unless he takes time off or Cena turns.

But as of right now, I don't know how Edge could turn face.

Great One

I think it's pretty apparent that Edge is about to soon turn face (wasn't there already a whole thread on this..?). Look at what he said on Smackdown, about having nothing, no friends, no nothing. After he loses at Backlash, he'll probably play the emo, depressed card (which alone will sway the fans a bit and make him feel sorry for him) for a while, until I think Christian comes along and they reunite or w/e.

the dark knight

I think it's pretty apparent that Edge is about to soon turn face (wasn't there already a whole thread on this..?). Look at what he said on Smackdown, about having nothing, no friends, no nothing. After he loses at Backlash, he'll probably play the emo, depressed card (which alone will sway the fans a bit and make him feel sorry for him) for a while, until I think Christian comes along and they reunite or w/e.
which smackdown episod was that?

noumenon

Yeah....there was a thread on this already...I should know...I made it.

Anyway, I don't necessarily know if I want him to turn face, but it really seemed that's what they were going for. After the events of recent weeks I don't think that's the case at all. I'm pretty sure we're probably going to see a pretty disgruntled psychotic Edge over the next few months which will hopefully make for an amazing feud with CM Punk.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I'm thinking that it could be pretty epic to have Orton somehow screwed out of the title at Backlash which would lead to slow turn brewing until a double turn at GAB which would lead t Orton finally picking up the clean title win at SS. Perhaps even in a HIAC.....

While this may seem like a pipe dream of sorts, I'm almost certain this could work. Around Night of Champions/GAB you could have Rhodes and Dibase turn on Orton and help HHH thus leading to a series of beatdowns from them up until SS. Only to lead to Orton picking up a career defining win at Summerslam against HHH for the title. A clean win of HHH seems to be the only way for this to come full circle.

LKP

Dude Orton vs hhh like edge vs cena has to end tonight. I can see a batista heel turn and orton and batista tagging up vs shane and hhh on raw 2moro night. After that its all over as far as im concerned with orton vs hhh.