The Big Red Review Live From Survivor Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
It's a mini version from my blog The Personification Of Innovation but I really want to post this. Here it is, enjoy!!

145 Dollars Worth It

Due to the late night on Sunday, Monday was long and hectic with no way of getting a post out. That is why it had a minor delay but now I'm back. Sunday night will go down as one of the best nights of 2011 and probably my entire life. It was the 25th anniversary of Survivor Series in Madison Square Garden which is monumental. The place was packed with so many fans, including so many guys older than me. It was nice to see older fans get back into wrestling because that means that we will get to start funny chants. The Deadly Alliance superstar or The Franchise he likes to call himself, Kevin Brown went with me. For those that have no idea what I'm talking about or haven't watched since Trish Stratus stopped showing her thong, I'll give you a sentence about the guy. We were both wearing our CM Punk shirts because Punk is the best in the world and saved the company. The card was huge with The Rock making his first match in over eight years. With Punk fighting for the title, the traditional five on five match, and possible returns by Undertaker or Kane (neither happened) I would probably punch myself in the face if I missed it. The section we sat in 314 and we made sure it was loud. The first match was John Morrison (Jim Morrison rip off, but very talented) vs Dolph Ziggler (I'm a true mark for Dolph, great talent). The focus of the match was New York's hometown hero Zach Ryder was robbed in this match. The entire match was "We Want Ryder" chants despite the match being great with both guys delivering. Ryder should have been in this match and it was a complete robbery. He did get his moment beating up Ziggler after Ziggler won the title. Woo Woo Woo, You Know It, that's the quote now go say it. The divas match wasn't your usual "time to go get a beer or take a piss break". The ending was insane with Beth Phoenix (modern day Chyna, but Beth is normal) Glam Slamming Eve ( really hot, but she's average at best) from the top turnbuckle. It's a move where you take a lady from the back and slam her down high absolutely destroying her chest. To do that from the top turnbuckle makes it more brutal even if it's "fake" (hope Eve doesn't have implants). The Rock had his backstage segment and absolutely delivered. The guy hasn't lost it at all, it was like 1999 all over again with that promo. He's amazing and still can bring it with the best of them. It was a moment where I was standing and clapping the entire time. Now if only Rock can do this always, not "Via Satellite'. The next match was the traditional five on five match where you can only win till you eliminate all five guys. It's so fun to watch because so many different guys get their chances and I love seeing what they improve.

The first team was called Team Barrett with five villains that got some cheers. Madison Square Garden is home of the intelligent fans where they see true talent and cheer for those who deserve it. The captain Wade Barrett (big English guy, very talented with the mic and in the ring) got some cheers, Cody Rhodes (son of legend Dusty Rhodes, got huge cheers despite being a huge villain), Dolph Ziggler (got his boos, but it was mixed because he's awesome, Jack Swagger (all American cocky gimmick got him boos, but people didn't care because his career is going down), and Hunico ( Spanish gangster that just debuted, no response). It was an interesting team but it did sadden me not to see Christian. Christian is one of the all time greats but got injured on a tour in Europe so he was out for this one. Team Orton finally came out with the captain being Randy Orton ( Top 3 biggest star of the company, arena went wild for him), Sheamus ( big Irish guy, he's the real deal and people knew it with big cheer), Kofi Kingston ( still stuck in the same position for years now, but people like his exciting style), Sin Cara ( kids love him, guys like me hate him. Spanish sensation needs to step up), and Mason Ryan ( looks like Batista but even more useless in the ring). The match was really fun because they were going so fast and the chants were so fun. Sin Cara who has a history of botching had another moment where he completely botched. It turns out he torn his patella after getting caught up in the rope which will keep him out for at least six months. It didn't stop us from starting a "You F***ed up Chant" because we had no idea how hurt he was. Other chants that started was "Batista" and they were so loud when Mason Ryan came in. Also Cody was over big time, which really shocked me but I can totally see it. He eliminated Mason Ryan, while Kofi was eliminated by Wade Barrett. Dolph Ziggler out of all people was eliminated first which sadden me because he is a guy that makes his mark as a guy who wrestles two matches at every big event. For him to get eliminated that quick by Randy Orton was kind of lame. Sheamus was shockingly eliminated without eliminating anyone after getting disqualified for going crazy. Things went down for Randy Orton's team quick but Sheamus had to kick Jack Swagger out of his arse (Irish slang for Sheamus, he's a good fella). Swagger got pinned by Orton, then Hunico got caught by Orton with another RKO in mid-air. Orton was on a roll and on his game like usual, then RKO'ed Cody Rhodes but Rhodes fell out of the ring. Wade Barrett was the legal man and hit the Waste land (fisherman slam) and won the match. It was great to see the bad guys win this match because they are young and needed this for their careers. Randy is very accomplished and didn't need this, while Sheamus will be fine without this. The other three aren't big enough stars to win such a huge match as you can see from Sin Cara botching and Mason Ryan being really stiff in the ring. The match was my 2nd favorite of the night behind Del Rio vs Punk, yes even more than the main event. Let the "are you serious" claims begin.

The next match had the Big Show ( one of the old timers, but if you forget he's 7 feet and dominates people) against Mark Henry (another old timer, but it took fifteen years for him to be champion). It was a bad match for the most part where the chants saved the match. Once again the crowd made this event ten times better with so many chants starting. It made me so fortune to live in New York, so thank you crowd. The chants went from boring to Undertaker (everyone wanted him back) to Daniel Bryan (huge exciting star that wasn't used), to D'Lo Brown (old time wrestler, completely random but I was laughing so hard). The match was that bad but eventually it had his big moment. The Big Show somehow didn't break the ring by going to the top turnbuckle and delivering an elbow drop. It was huge and it broke out "Holy S**t chants and Randy Savage chants. Randy Savage was the big star behind using the elbow drop and fans respect the heck out of him like everyone should. He's one of the greatest of all time and may his soul rest in peace. No one will forget the Macho man after all he did. The match ended with Henry kicking Show in the nuts which resulted in disqualification. It was a weak ending but the crowd was happy that it ended. Henry keeps the title because you can't win on disqualification. The next match was CM Punk ( the messiah of wrestling and my hero) against Alberto Del Rio (the champion very talented Spanish wrestler).His entrance was recorded by me, I'll have some more videos up on my youtube channel later once Verizon stops acting like the jerks that they are.

[video=youtube;M-4muPkKr6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-4muPkKr6o[/video]​

Yes it was a moment that had me screaming on the top of my lungs.

The big surprise in this match was Howard Finkel coming back and being the ring announcer for CM Punk. It was mocking Alberto Del Rio after he has his own ring announcer in Ricardo Rodriguez (he's so funny, also great to follow him on Twitter). The match was solid all around, but you could see it was pressed for time to give The Rock his time. It had it's huge moments that made you say "Wow" but it was so close to call. With all villains winning so far tonight, my feeling was Punk would win. After he couldn't his signature finisher down called the Go To Sleep, it had me worried. Then Del Rio locked in his cross arm breaker which had me screaming like a seven year old "Don't Tap'! Eventually Punk got to the ropes and went back on the offense. He delivered his very own Randy Savage elbow drop which got the crowd even more on his side. Punk is the 2nd biggest star right now with getting the crowd excited. The match didn't lack funny chants either with a "We Want Ice Cream Bars" chant started in honor of Punk who wants them back in a promo which got the crowd excited. We also started a Colt Cabana chant in honor of his best friend, who is the best independent star on the market. Colt is so talented yet he remains unsigned which shocks me. After the elbow drop, it was so close to call. Then out of nowhere Punk got Del Rio in his very own finisher called the Anaconda Vice where it's aimed to choke you out and break your shoulder ( such a cool finisher). Del Rio tapped out and it had me screaming. Punk winning the title was a huge moment and hopefully he gets a proper title run now. He makes ratings go up and he makes arenas go insane. Once again I will say this, Thank You Punk your the best.​

392178_168197943276361_107501226012700_280248_7043  66651_n.jpg

The main event finally was here which had The Awesome Truth against the unlikely Rock Cena connection. R-Truth (crazy character but the crowd loved him) and The Miz (Real World legend, now a huge star in the company). Both guys were liked by the crowd especially after their pre match segment where R-Truth told a story where he asked pigeons if they thought he was going to love. Then he brought up how all pigeons how to do is crap and that is what Rock- Cena are. Then he used his signature line where crap is "gon get got". R-Truth please don't retire, I love you. John Cena (the face of the company) came out to huge boos as expected. He is supposed to be the guy who gets the biggest cheers but due to lack of wrestling creativity and being somewhat boring, the fans hate him. While I do get sick of Cena, you have to be delusional to not respect this guy. Cena can really deliver and works so hard, so I'll always respect John. The Rock finally came out and the crowd went insane. The Rock had his trunks on and the "Rocky" chants were buzzing through the arena. The match itself was great even though it was a bit too predictable. We all know that Rock-Cena was going to win but the buzz was that Cena may turn on The Rock. It never happened, but of course New York made sure to get the chants going. The Rock chants were loud with "you still got it" and "Rocky" whenever he got in. Cena was getting booed as usual with "Cena Sucks" and "You Can't Wrestle". After those chants Cena decided to change it up a bit and did some different moves. The crowd wasn't impressed and started a "You Still Suck" Chant which had me cracking up. Once again Madison Square Garden is the place to be, the people make it heaven. The match ended with Rock doing the People's Elbow on The Miz where the crowd erupted in joy. Cena came back in the ring which had Rock and Cena face to face. Cena backed off which had the crowd upset and The Rock didn't take that too kindly. Rock turned him around and hit the Rock Bottom. The crowd erupted in joy and it ended a perfect night for me. The Rock delivered a "Thank You" speech to end the show and I was amazed. This show will always remain in my heart along with the night. Kevin was amazed along with his friends Joe and Diana. Eventually we all got out and got some drinks which satisfied the mood. Before I end this, Joe and Diana deserve some love. Kevin is the man for going with me and living up to his word for being one of the biggest Cena bashers ever (the guy hates him with passion and went crazy). Joe has been a fan since 1988 yet he isn't afraid to show his love for Cena. He wore his head bands and wrist bands in honor of Cena which had me on the floor laughing. Then to add on to it, he went to tell deli workers to never give up and that they couldn't see him after showing the material. Diana had a "RKO me" written on her shirt which was cool showing support for Mr.Orton. Overall the night was epic and something I'll never forget. Last shout out goes to Justin, who I finally met after meeting him on a blog. He's a great kid and wore his Punk shirt (instant plus). We share a lot of common beliefs with the sport and he was cool to meet for ten minutes. Thank you everyone involved with Survivor Series, I was sitting in my bed at two thirty saying to myself "wow".​

The Top Ten Chants

The last thing I'll mention about Survivor Series was the chants that were said. Their had to be close to fifty different chants said. It's time for me to break it down to my top ten favorites. It was very hard to choose from but it has to be done. It's not in order because that's just way too much. The only time I'll do a top ten in order is actual list of people and their performance, not jokes or chants.

Colt Cabana chants easily stood out because I love that guy. Colt is someone I've followed for some time now because of how entertaining is. He's gotten much more recognition in 2011 mainly from his best friend CM Punk. While Punk was a commentator, he was wore his shirt which said "We Love Colt". The other mentions of Colt in the company was during the shoot promo, the contract signing, and on Sunday before Punk went out. Hey Colt Cabana, how ya doing? Those magical words got Colt even more bigger. Also he's in a great series called "Creative Has Nothing For You" on You Tube. It's really good work with Chicago comedian Marty DeRosa, check it out.

Randy Savage chants were so epic because of the influence Randy had. Madison Square Garden was bound to start those chants because we are old school. I'm so proud of being old school because just like many, I can rattle off so many names.

"We Want Ryder" was classic and it just showed how much impact Ryder has on society. Our voices were heard and we weren't left disappointed. They let Zach out and the arena went crazy for him.

Sexual Chocolate chants were absolutely hilarious for Mark Henry. Henry had a gimmick about eleven years ago where he was this big love child and basically a ladies man. It's great to see fans remember funny gimmicks, it was really loud to. People caught onto it from their living rooms which was epic.

Batista chants for Mason Ryan are always funny because they really look like twins. Shockingly the difference is that Ryan is even bigger than him, which makes you question if he's using steroids. The guy is an absolute monster which usually translates into poor matches.

Yokozuna chants wins the award for most random names mentioned. It was during the Big Show versus Mark Henry match which would make sense. Yokozuna is one of the biggest men to ever compete so I could see it. It was just funny people bringing up random names and people started chanting it. That's the magic of New York.

"You Still Suck" to John Cena after he changed up his style was epic. New York totally hates Cena and it was expressed on Sunday. We gave him a lot of crap regardless of what he was doing. The abuse he got was a bit unfair, but still his character is stale. You have to respect him, but I don't blame people booing him.

Cody Rhodes chants made me happy because I'm in full support of him. He's a terrific young villain and has really developed. The guy can deliver great matches and promos you want to watch again. He's the classic old school guy that fans can really like.

Boring chants were another funny part of the Big Show versus Mark Henry match. The first five minutes had barley any contact, it was just staring around. It reminded me of Brock Lesnar versus Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20. It was pathetic and the funny part of Lesnar versus Goldberg was that the match was at the Garden. I'm shocked we didn't a start chant about that, but nevertheless it totally reminded me of it.

The last chant that stood out had to be "Thank You Rocky". You could love him or hate him, but the guy is still amazing. I've looked into what people think of his return and I can totally understand the haters. Let's not forget he told people not too long ago, he doesn't want to be recognized as "The Rock" or as a wrestler. It really is offensive to fans and it does tick me off, but The Rock is someone you have to love because he is legendary. I'll always love him but he's not someone I will put in my top five. He'll be in my top ten, but for being gone for eight years still annoys me. Also according to rumors, he isn't popular in the locker room and fails to acknowledge much talent backstage. It's not just rumors, it's been told by the biggest stars in CM Punk and Randy Orton. It's tough to not believe them, so hopefully The Rock can shake off those rumors. There will always be a back and forth about The Rock forever, but in the end people will realize that he is one of the greatest. But please Dwayne (his real name), let's connect. to the locker room full of hard working men.

1212354417_2.jpg

I'm waiting for CM Punk to rip on you with this photo, but let me post this.

It seems like Deuce covered Survivor Series and if you want to read reviews weekly, go to Johnreport.net for John Canton. He's awesome and does it the best.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great read as always. I am envious that you not only got to see The Rock wrestling again but you got to see Punk win the WWE title as well! Sounds like you had a great time and WWE live is always a fun experience.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Thanks yeah it was so epic. MSG crowd played a huge part in it too. The energy they gave was outstanding, it brought an already great card to greater heights.