The Big Bang

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Next big show for ROH which is this weekend, I'm trying to bring a little more activity to the section so I thought I'd make a thread for predictions and thoughts on the show.

ROH World Title Match – Triple Threat Rules
Tyler Black defends vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

Should be an awesome match, huge fan of Strong and Aries, Black's good in the ring too so this should be a great match, to early for Tyler to lose the title.

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. The Kings of Wrestling with Shane Hagadorn

This should be another great match, two best teams in ROH right now imo and we know they can go in the ring. Briscoes should retain.

Pick 6 Series Match
(5) Kenny King vs. Davey Richards

I'm a fan of Kenny King but I see Richards beating him for his spot, ROH seem to love Richards, should be yet another good match.

Grudge Tag Team Match
Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. El Generico & Colt Cabana

Steen's turn was good but since then I haven't liked what I've seen, I think Generico and Colt will get the win, but they'll be attacked after the match, could be alright.

Lucha Super Estrella
Blue Demon, Jr. & Misterioso vs. Super Parka & Solar

Don't know everyone in this match so I'm choosing at random, something fresh though I guess, some new faces in ROH for the event.

Lucha Estrella
Cassandro el Exotico vs. Magno

Same as above pretty much, ROH generally brings in the good Mexican wrestlers so hopefully these guys are good too.

Butcher’s Rules
Necro Butcher vs. Erick Stevens with Prince Nana

Don't really care for this match but many others will, Necro is crazy but I'm sick of his feud with the Embassy (who suck without Rave). The fans should enjoy a little hardcore though.

Looks like a pretty good show, what are your guys thoughts and predictions? Help build activity to this dying section.

G 3

Reaction score
I am going to be attending this event.

I say Tyler Black retains.
Kings of Wrestling will hopefully win. Hero is the man.
I can see Richards getting the win over Kenny King.
Super Parka & Solar
Magno
Hopefully Necro Butcher wins. Stevens is a douche bag, played a few rounds with him on call of duty.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
This show really is kind of lackluster, but there's a few gems in there. I'll go into further detail into what I think will happen later if needed. Unfortunately nobody here probably cares. T_T

Triple Threat: Tyler's going to win by pinning Aires I think, sadly. :(

Tag Titles: I actually think the KoW are gonna take the titles. I'm pretty sure they're going to end up feuding with each other, the tag titles might make it seem more important.

Richards is gonna win.

Steen's taken a nosedive since his turn, still wish they'd use Generico better...Generico and Cabana win.

Blue Demon jr. is pretty awesome, don't know any of the other guys. So i'll say his team wins.

I've heard of Exotico and if what I heard is true, I pray Magno wins.

I like Erick Stevens beats up Necro for a few minutes, then pins him, ending this feud. Hopefully The Embassy goes away soon.

I expect it to be a pretty good show, even if it's not my favorite lineup ever.

Montana

Reaction score
I've thought they've done a great job building up a few of these matches, and some of the hottest fueds in all of wrestling in 2010. But there are a few nwa/aaa throw away matches which really takes away from the card imo. I'm not ordering, but should be a good show. In fact i think it's going to be very good.

ROH World Title Match – Triple Threat Rules
Tyler Black
defends vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

I thinking Black, but theres a chance Strong could pull an upset.

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. The Kings of Wrestling with Shane Hagadorn

I'm kinda 50/50 on this one. I'll go with the Briscoes just because they just won the belt.

Pick 6 Series Match
(5) Kenny King vs. Davey Richards

Richards going into the pick 6.

Grudge Tag Team Match
Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. El Generico & Colt Cabana

Steen will gain the upper hand to start to fued.

Lucha Super Estrella
Blue Demon, Jr. & Misterioso vs. Super Parka & Solar

Who cares.

Lucha Estrella
Cassandro el Exotico vs. Magno

Who cares

Butcher’s Rules
Necro Butcher vs. Erick Stevens with Prince Nana

ROH needs to push the embassy, Stevenes needs to step his game up.

Reaction score
here r the results

Phil shatter defeated zack salvation

davey richards defeated kenny king

necro butcher defeated erick stevens

Cassandro el Exotico defeated rhett titus

colt cabana & el generico defeated kevin steen and steve corino via DQ

Kings of wrestling defeated the briscoe brothers to become new roh tagtam champions

tyler black retained his roh title against roderick strong and austin aries

Blue Demon, Jr. and Magno defeated Super Parka and Misterioso

G 3

Reaction score
Show was average.

Match of the night (and year) Briscoes VS Kings of Wrestling.

Cassandro el Exotico was weird.

Triple threat was alright, I was hoping Roderick would have won.

Daniels returning was a good moment, a whole lot of FUCK TNA chants.

Left for the mainevent, since lucha libre kind of sucks.

Reaction score
I'm really suprised that the King's of Wrestling took the belts from the Briscoes so early, match sounds good and I think it was a good move by ROH.

Really happy that Daniels is back in ROH, its just what they needed to freshen things up, he should be a great title contender and he will have many more memorable matches imo, much better then having him rot in the X-Division in TNA.

Reaction score
Lmao, exactly why I thought the Briscoes would retain :shifty: I thought it was a little early for the Briscoes to be losing the belts, they only won them not long ago, I'm sick of them anyway so KoW is good, they'll be better Champs for the TV show btw.

Montana

Reaction score
I agree about the KOW taking the belts off the briscoes so quick, however the Briscoes contract is running out in 2 months.

I've watched most of the show, except the triple threat adn the lucha match. I feel the ROH matches were all good-great, and the lucha stuff was pretty lame. I do like how ROH Ippv's give you the feel of a real live experience. For example the opening match with two locals. I thought Richards vs. kenny King was very good 3.75-4.0 and a nice way to start the show. The Daniels return was awesome. I wish the Ippv's were on during the week, so i would stay home and order them. Nicely done ROH. Stevens/Necro was Ok. added a little variety to the show. I liked how Steen/Corino vs. Generico and Cabana was booked, but didn't like the finish. Sets up the Chicago street fight nicely though. They could have easily had a winner in that match. Cassandro was just weird and needed to get off my screen. Did pretty well for a boken leg though. Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling was as expected. I'd give it a 4.25. Not as high as most others. I guess nothing really stood out too much about this match for me to rank it higher. (the doomsday reversal was pretty sweet though)

The show was worth the money to order, even though i didnt. I'll probably get the DVD down the road. (the #'s were good though. about 850 paid in attendence and 950 ordered on go fight)