The Best TNA I've Seen in Years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
First, I apologize if this isn't posted in the right forum. I found this vid hilarious and thought I'd share it. If iMPACT looked like this every week - it might actually be worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GPmeVVAAg

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out how to post a vid on these boards so I guess I'll just leave the link.

Axis

Reaction score
This is a good example of why TNA should move from being a joke company that tries to be a serious to a company that embraces it's horribleness and just become a comedic company.

Axis

Reaction score
TNA is not a serious company, and it needs a lot more people to be fans, actually.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
For every critic like you, TNA has five fans. Even if TNA has 10 people for every 5 fans that don't know who they are. They're growing fairly. ReAction is new this year and it gets higher ratings, if not, close ratings, to WWE Superstars.

Axis

Reaction score
For every critic like you, TNA has five fans. Even if TNA has 10 people for every 5 fans that don't know who they are. They're growing fairly. ReAction is new this year and it gets higher ratings, if not, close ratings, to WWE Superstars.

Unfortunately for TNA, ratings are not a major source of revenue for a wrestling company. Revenue primarily comes from PPV sales, which are abysmal in TNA. That is not an opinion that we can go back-and-forth on. That is a fact of how the wrestling (and MMA) industry works. Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo seem to live and die by ratings, but if their business play doesn't (and it seems not to) attempt to boost PPV buyrates, then TNA will continue to be a highly inefficient firm.

Axis

Reaction score
It makes them a company with an idiot as the President. Anybody who knows anything about business can tell you that Dixie Carter is running her operation incredibly poorly, and they cannot be taken seriously as a company.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
They can be taken seriously as a company. Just because they don't follow Vince McMahon's company path doesn't mean shit. You have been exposed to WWE for so long you think that everything they do is right and that every promotion should follow them. Well, they shouldn't.

Axis

Reaction score
I am not talking about how they are running their company. I am talking about the huge amount of costs that they have incurred with a rising payroll, while simultaneously losing revenue. When you increase costs, and decrease revenues, your company will not have investors. TNA is an LLC, so they do not have to worry about making their firm attractive to the public market. They are reliant on an investor that has put money into it, not because it is necessarily profitable, but because the investor is related (the father of) the President of TNA.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Well, you're right about the rising payroll. One thing that pisses me off is when I think they're getting better, they sign/re-sign a bunch of old shits. Take this year's Nasty Boys, Jimmy Hart, Bischoff, Dreamer, Foley, Richards, Raven, Rhino, all of the guys at HCJ, Ric Flair, Sting's probable new contract for several million dollars, and all the others guy Hulk has and will bring with him to TNA. As stated by Eric on this past thursday's broadcast, Hulk is "working on some big acquisitions for Immortal, and I mean big names." so.. Im guessing its probably going to be more losers like DDP and Brutus Beefcake that Hulk brings to TNA. Then, TNA gets to release more guys like Homicide and Daniels for the new "Acquisitions'" paychecks...

Veritas

Reaction score

For every critic TNA has 5 fans? If that were the case, they would be attracting alot more than 1.5 million fans, give or take, every week. TNA has become a running joke in the wrestling industry. I mean, they used to draw 30-40k PPV buys A WEEK (I was a big fan then) - now they're lucky to break 20k A MONTH. TNA isn't living and dying by it's audience, it's living and dying by daddy's money.

As far as the ReAction ratings go - they're artificially inflated. They purposely overrun the end of iMPACT into ReAction to get people to continue watching. Once the iMPACT main event is over, the ratings breakdown shows that even the already established TNA audience tunes out en masse. Comparing the rating of this show to the rating of Superstars is a mistake because 1) they're entirely different types of shows and 2) Spike is available in alot more homes than WGN is.