The Best mic workers in WWE today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
BTW It's amazing seeing that DB made the list for so many people. That was his ONE knock against him coming into the wwe. Love how much he improved but he didn't make my top 3

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
CM Punk, Cena, The Miz, Triple H, Dean Ambrose, Paul Heyman, Christian and Ziggler is improving week by week.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Paul Heyman
CM Punk
Dean Ambrose
John Cena
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
The Miz
Christian

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Dr. CM Punk CPR Expert said:
Paul Heyman
CM Punk
Dean Ambrose
John Cena
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
The Miz
Christian

THIS, Does Vinny mac count? If so add him in there

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Can't really organize the last four though, I think they are all equal if anything.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I'm just gonna choose wrestlers as I think that's what you were intending when you made the thread, however, just for the record, if I were choosing them McMahon followed by Heyman would be top by a mile.

IMO

1: John Cena - Still nobody can work a crowd like he does, always really confident delivery and I can't even remember the last time he messed up a line. Obviously his material has been pretty crap for the last 6 years but he's proved that he can be entertaining as fuck even with it.

2: Punker - He can be a bit inconsistent at times hence why he's behind Cena. When he's at his best though he is absolutely outstanding, and even when he isn't he gets shit tonnes of heat every time he goes near a microphone.

3: Dean Ambrose - Call me over the top if you wish, but I think he's that good. He's got the best voice for promos in the entire WWE IMO, and his mannerisms are always perfect. I guess the only flaw I can find with him is that he did have a tendency to ramble slightly in the older promos of his that I've watched. I know it's just a character thing but just something I've picked up on.

4: Damien Sandow - He has an incredibly hard role to play, one off day could shatter the illusion of his entire character. He has to use a ridiculous vocabulary and basically not fuck up on any lines which he has done really successfully so far. So much fun.

5: Dolph Ziggler - I've said it loads of times now, but he doesn't suit heel mic work. If he turned face he could be awesome but I just know they would give him a character change and that would suck. His quick talk, his wit, his natural charisma means that he is in the top 5 for me, just a shame he seldom gets to 'showoff' his mic abilities.

6: Wade Barrett - Holy shit has anyone mentioned this guy yet? He seems to have been completely overlooked in this thread. He doesn't get a hell of a lot of time these days, but god dammit whenever he gets near a mic it's bloody brilliant. His voice is up there with Ambrose', it's so beautiful I could honestly just listen to it all day.

That's the top top ones at the moment, Christian and Rhodes would most certainly be the next two but I don't see them being in the list of 'The best mic workers', they are solid but nothing spectacular.

Reaction score
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler
John Cena
CM Punk
Damian Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose

No order, just my favorites at the top.

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
My list in no real order
CM Punk
The Miz
John Cena
Damian Sandow
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Christian
Dolph Ziggler

WWE Legends
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
HBK
HHH
The Undertaker
JBL

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
blackterminator said:
My view on the best mic workers in the WWE today.

1.Dolph Ziggler
2.John Cena
3.Cody Rhodes
4.Vickie Guerrero
5.Sandow
6.CM Punk
7.A.J Lee
8 Eve Torres
9.Randy Orton
10.Rey Mysterio
11.Rosa Mendes

:umad:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R Albin said:
I'm just gonna choose wrestlers as I think that's what you were intending when you made the thread, however, just for the record, if I were choosing them McMahon followed by Heyman would be top by a mile.

IMO

1: John Cena - Still nobody can work a crowd like he does, always really confident delivery and I can't even remember the last time he messed up a line. Obviously his material has been pretty crap for the last 6 years but he's proved that he can be entertaining as fuck even with it.

2: Punker - He can be a bit inconsistent at times hence why he's behind Cena. When he's at his best though he is absolutely outstanding, and even when he isn't he gets shit tonnes of heat every time he goes near a microphone.

3: Dean Ambrose - Call me over the top if you wish, but I think he's that good. He's got the best voice for promos in the entire WWE IMO, and his mannerisms are always perfect. I guess the only flaw I can find with him is that he did have a tendency to ramble slightly in the older promos of his that I've watched. I know it's just a character thing but just something I've picked up on.

4: Damien Sandow - He has an incredibly hard role to play, one off day could shatter the illusion of his entire character. He has to use a ridiculous vocabulary and basically not fuck up on any lines which he has done really successfully so far. So much fun.

5: Dolph Ziggler - I've said it loads of times now, but he doesn't suit heel mic work. If he turned face he could be awesome but I just know they would give him a character change and that would suck. His quick talk, his wit, his natural charisma means that he is in the top 5 for me, just a shame he seldom gets to 'showoff' his mic abilities.

6: Wade Barrett - Holy shit has anyone mentioned this guy yet? He seems to have been completely overlooked in this thread. He doesn't get a hell of a lot of time these days, but god dammit whenever he gets near a mic it's bloody brilliant. His voice is up there with Ambrose', it's so beautiful I could honestly just listen to it all day.

That's the top top ones at the moment, Christian and Rhodes would most certainly be the next two but I don't see them being in the list of 'The best mic workers', they are solid but nothing spectacular.

This, but I'd put Barrett above Dolph and Sandow definitely. Heyman will be added to it as well as #1.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
This, but I'd put Barrett above Dolph and Sandow definitely. Heyman will be added to it as well as #1.

Both are relatively unproven compared to Barrett, although I judge them all pretty similarly. And yeah read my first line :eek:tunga: