The best angle in 5 years?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, this reminded me of NWO and I think this is what they want to try to do with these guys, make them the new NWO. I didn't like all the guys in NXT but each one had a good thing about them and it would be a waste if they just ditched them all so it's pretty cool that they are getting a chance to work on their shit.

Plus, another NWO would be fucking epic (not called NWO, I just mean another heel group like them).

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No intention to make it sound like the Wolfpac, but they really are like a pack of wolves. Like I said earlier, a wolf from outside of the pack follows another wolf after a fight... out of respect. They're all following Barrett (you could see it when he nodded for them to get on the apron and into the ring), whether Cole is a part of it or not... IDK.

-TJ-

Reaction score
They're following each other and being lead by Barrett who won the competition. They all have respect for each other and respectively gave Barrett leadership. Makes a lot of sense RKO Legacy, but I don't think it'll be used in that perspective...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I think this is more one of the best moments in 5 years. Can't call it an angle yet after 12 hours of it happening.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Needless to say Barrett's PPV will have some kind of impact involving the 8 NXT Rookies from season 1. After watching the end of NXT today, I am starting to believe that they, the season 2 rookies, will also be a large part of this angle.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
It was definitely a great segment. However, let things play out before we start calling this the best angle in 5 years. The WCW invasion angle was supposed to be the greatest thing in the history of time, but we all remember how mediocre that turned out.

As far as the ebst angle in 5 years. I'd have to give that to the Orton vs McMahon Family fued. It was an almost perfectly booked angle that is often overlooked due to the average culmination of the feud due to a mediocre match.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Clearly it's one of the best angles in recent memory, look at all of the shit it's kicking up. I loved it, but what I really loved was that it was so convincing, that it got people in a day and age of the internet and "smart fans" and when you know the shit is worked, to stop and go....wait did that just happen? Everyone in that area knew wrestling was fake, yet there were GROWN ASS ADULTS going "omg I hope cena is ok" "omg this is horrible". That's the kind of emotional response you get from either a real situation or a REALLY GOOD movie or TV show. This was great, no matter HOW you slice it. The only other feuds in recent memory that come anywhere NEAR this are Flair/HBK, HBK/Taker, and maybe Rey/Punk and the SES.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
All I know is that something like this would never have happened in Triple HHH was around.

Its only a matter of time until Trips returns, beats them in an 8 on 1 handicapped match, then stuffs them in a box and mails them back to OVW.

Axis

Reaction score
This was an excellent segment to send Raw off the air. It was raw, it felt edgy, and it seemed relatively unique. It's far too early to judge whether or not it is a classic angle, but I do believe it shows great promise.

chessarmy

Reaction score
All I know is that something like this would never have happened in Triple HHH was around.

Its only a matter of time until Trips returns, beats them in an 8 on 1 handicapped match, then stuffs them in a box and mails them back to OVW.

You mean FCW? Just noticed you're an Orton mark now, good choice :p

Airfixx

Reaction score
LOL at the majority of this thread... Most are saying "It's amazing..... But....". It's like you've picked up a book, read the first page had mixed feelings, yet exclaimed "yup - awesome book!". :roll:

Personally, I don't want that bunch of (mostly) jobbers to dominate screentime with what will effectively be little more than another faction when all the while SES are sweet, still have the hooded attacker angle to clear up, yet are generally losing all the damn time (Poor Punk... Build him up and squash him.... AGAIN. :sigh: ).

The idea of the NXT jobbers fueding with a roster which contains Cena, HHH, Orton, Jericho, Seamus, Edge (Not to mention the mid-carders) is rediculous.... Unless they book these guys strong and like a genuine threat; in which case WDF???? ...That would be a push of Lesnar-like proportions (of which the likes of Swagger, Seamus or even Drew & Kofi could have done with if they really were serious about them as ME-ers).

Reaction score
What they need for this to truly succeed is 1: Have them to have been the ones that took out Taker. 2: They need an awesome as fuck mouthpiece for a manager, like Cole or Shane or Steph. 3. Carry this to Bragging Rights, have them run roughshod over both brands and mugging every top superstar for a few months until finally heels and faces alike can put their differences aside and team up for the good of not getting their asses kicked by "rookies" at every turn. And using the top starts to feud with NXT guys helps the NXT guys look more important. It can go a long way for some of these guys who suck, like Slater and that other black dude. Plus, with the top stars tied up in that angle, it leaves the world title scene for another young talent infusion. Swagger and Sheamus can play as sympathizers to the rookies disdain with the WWE upper echelon and they get even more over as heels for siding with the top heel faction in the company, plus guys like Christian might be able to get a title shot and moved into a ME role while the top guys are at war with the rooks. There's alot of ways they can go with this and everyone can benefit from it if done correctly and given the time. But pretty awesome thus far.

The Gamegirl

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the best angle in 5 years, but it is certainly the best of the PG era. I thought it was exciting and something different than what we have been seeing for awhile.