The Beautiful People's recent push

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I love how TNA has handled the recent push of The Beautiful People. They are no longer used as a cheap way to peak ratings going into the second hour of iMPACT! now they draw actual heat and I have a very good feeling about Angelina Love's Knockout title reign. I think TBP have grown more and more over the past few months, and I personally feel like they are now the centerpiece of the Knockouts division with Awesome Kong not far behind of course.

So, with that said. What do you guys think is going to happen with Angelina Love's title reign? How long will it last? Personally, I'd like to see it go on for a few months, meanwhile they can build up Sarah Stock and eventually Stock can beat Love for the title. Seems like the best way to book it for now

Thoughts?

Beer Money Army

Meh, I haven't really thought much of them.

I hope A.Love title reign ends by the next PPV.

Velvet Striking Punches is by far the worst i have seen. M.Rayne is alright but she kinda looks like Mickie James a lil bit in the face from a long distance.

There promos are average or crap nothing really too special. But i would rather have Awesome Kong as The Champion since she is the best in-ring wrestler in the Knockout Divisionm and Taylor Wilde would be 2nd.

I just wish Roxxi would be back. because sometimes the beautiful people botch a bit in there matches or win by doing poorly roll up or sunset flips.

SenDog495

Reaction score
I disagree. I love watching The Beautiful People wrestle, but mostly Velvet Sky. Which matches have you seen her botch moves in?

phantomgerald

I really don't mind them, but I think they should keep women's matches to one an episode and let the middle card get more time. Sometimes, the women get way way too much air time.

phantomgerald

^^^ Like Sojourner Bolt versus Taylor Wilde in that ladder match two weeks ago, then the stretcher match between Kong and Madison Rayne in the same night. It's just overkill. They are good but not good enough to take that much time away from the men.

Beer Money Army

I disagree. I love watching The Beautiful People wrestle, but mostly Velvet Sky. Which matches have you seen her botch moves in?

you love velvet sky in ring wrestling. LOL

do you like how she swings in her punches?

she mostly stuff up roll up or sunset flip.

SenDog495

Reaction score
I've seen her do the abdominal stretch, clotheslines, octopus. May be her punches are weak, but that makes since she's not the biggest person in the world.

straight_edge76

They have grown on me honestly. At first they irritated the hell out of me but with the Angelina Love title reign and the feud with Kong they are showing me a little more then just eye candy with minimal mic skills. I think that they are going to be a TNA mainstay for awhile and imo they have gotten alot better in the ring over the last few months.

SenDog495

Reaction score
I agree & 1 day I expect Velvet Sky to take that title from Angelina Love.

straight_edge76

I think that a split up over the Knockout title is going to happen and i think that it is a shame. Love and Sky really have a great chemistry...but then again so did The New Age Outlaws/The James Gang/VKM and we all know how that ended in TNA.

SenDog495

Reaction score
May be if that happens Velvet will get a bodyguard to prevent Awesome Kong from squashing her like she did to Velvet & Madison recently. I don't expect the Beautiful People to break up for a while though.

TNAfanatic

Reaction score
i know this kinda is off topic, but i was thinking of going to the autograph signing with Angle, and the Beautiful People in Cleveland at the start of august.

I've never been to a convention/signing event, but I hear they are pretty fun events for the fans.

It seems like a pretty good deal and my kids would get to meet Angle, who is their fav, and you know, I could go meet Angelina and Velvet :jawdrop:

Anybody else planning on going or have any recommendations for me?

paulie

Reaction score
the more of the beautiful people on tv is fine with me,,,,