• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It began over a month ago when The Miz and Truth had to team up for a mainevent on RAW. Backstage Truth and Miz were preparing for a match and they ended up agreeing that both were the victim of a conspiracy/bad management. Both feel under used and so they found a common thread. On RAW this week Miz and Truth took out Santino before a match and then cut a promo as a team. It does indeed seem that they are the newest addition to the tag team division.

Do you like the pairing of Truth and Miz?
Do you think that they will be a tag team from now on?
Could you see them feuding for the WWE tag team titles?

Aniking

Reaction score
Do you like the pairing of Truth and Miz? Yes, it makes perfect sense.

Do you think that they will be a tag team from now on? At least for 2-3 months.

Could you see them feuding for the WWE tag team titles? Maybe. For me it all depends on whether they're a team to further their storyline regarding Triple H being put in power, or if they're just two guys working together to prove a point. If it's the latter, then yes, I can see them going after the Tag Team Championships. If it's the former, then they shouldn't as it'd be a waste.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am a fan of this combination as well. At first I thought that they were complete opposites but WWE have worked this storyline so well so far that the pairing makes a lot of sense. Their work on RAW this week was great on the mic and I can't wait for them to start wrestling as a team.

I hope that they work some matches as a tag team and that it isn't just about them trying to bring down HHH. They would be great foils for Bourne & Kingston and the matches should be great. Have them team until at least the end of the year.

Aniking

Reaction score
If this team was formed for the overall purpose of bringing down Triple H, they SHOULD NOT go anywhere near the Tag Team Championships. These two have been in the Main Event for a little while now, so "dropping them" down to the tag division would be pointless and would hurt the rebuilding of it. Not to mention giving them the titles proves nothing and is the wrong way to go when it comes to bringing down Triple H.

Now if they've been put together to go out there and get themselves an opportunity that they claim they haven't been given since the change of power, going after the tag titles makes plenty of sense. Two proven Main Eventers being thrown into the division would hopefully assist in rebuilding it, even though this team is likely to be a temporary one. As long as they win the titles for themselves and not to shove in Triple H's face, I'm cool with it.

I don't see them lasting more than a few months together, no matter what direction they take.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Do you like the pairing of Truth and Miz? Yes, two over heels that need something to do
Do you think that they will be a tag team from now on? Only a couple months
Could you see them feuding for the WWE tag team titles? Yes, they need something to do and winning the titles would keep them relevant.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If this team was formed for the overall purpose of bringing down Triple H, they SHOULD NOT go anywhere near the Tag Team Championships. These two have been in the Main Event for a little while now, so "dropping them" down to the tag division would be pointless and would hurt the rebuilding of it. Not to mention giving them the titles proves nothing and is the wrong way to go when it comes to bringing down Triple H.

Now if they've been put together to go out there and get themselves an opportunity that they claim they haven't been given since the change of power, going after the tag titles makes plenty of sense. Two proven Main Eventers being thrown into the division would hopefully assist in rebuilding it, even though this team is likely to be a temporary one. As long as they win the titles for themselves and not to shove in Triple H's face, I'm cool with it.

I don't see them lasting more than a few months together, no matter what direction they take.

Think you will find that the Miz is the only proven main eventer of the team, R-Truth had a cup of coffee in the main events and has done nothing of note since, he has reached his peak, and this tag team benefits him more than it does the Miz.

Long term yeah I can see them winning the tag titles, and that might be a good thing for the division, although it would be a case of them just ramdonly throwing together a combination once again. They belong as singles wrestlers, maybe do this as one off, but once it has served its purpose then scrap it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yes Truth's run in the mainevent was brief but he was in the WWE title scene for a couple of months and hasn't really dropped down the card that far. So it would be two big names joining the tag team division if they do indeed go down that path. I think that these two would add a lot of strength to the division, it would show that some big names indeed want to win these titles and that they are important.

Seak

Reaction score
This past RAW was done horribly for this team. Truth had nothing to do except TRY to save Miz and Punk beat them both down until it took a third man, unrelated to the team, to help them get the upper hand.

They didn't cut a tag team promo, they weren't involved in a tag team match, they didn't advance the team what so ever. Last week they had so much momentum and everyone was talking about how amazing their promo was, this week they did nothing. Horrible booking.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE just can't look long term. They really need to start making plans at least three months in advance so that they can stop pushing wrestlers like they are on a yo-yo. As you said Seak they were booked like stars last week and now this week they needed a Kevin Nash run in to save them.