The Americans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[video=youtube;NrabBaKAUyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrabBaKAUyU[/video]

This show premiers tomorrow night on FX, I have the pilot set to record. It looks like it could be pretty good, the subject matter interests me enough, so I'll probably give it a good chance. Anyone else plan on watching it?​

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice to see Kerri Russell back, very underated actress (see Dead Man's Curve and Waitress). The trailer doesn't really give enough away for me to judge, but I think it might be worth checking out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Watched the first episode just now and I was impressed. It was definitely enough to get me to keep watching, and Keri Russell was amazing. Also marked for "In the Air Tonight" being played during one scene.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Parts of it seemed like it had potential. Maybe it was because it was commercial free so it required filler but there was a lot that i was just waiting for something to happen. Also was kinda hoping that it'd have been current and not set in the 80s? (seem to be mismashing decades, scene with the the air conditioner confused me) But again potential.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this has started in the UK yet?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Parts of it seemed like it had potential. Maybe it was because it was commercial free so it required filler but there was a lot that i was just waiting for something to happen. Also was kinda hoping that it'd have been current and not set in the 80s? (seem to be mismashing decades, scene with the the air conditioner confused me) But again potential.

It wasn't commercial free, I had to fast-forward through the commercials, and I had the premiere recorded. Also, it had to be set in the 80s because that's when the Cold War was at its height, and these KGB spies were in the US. Wouldn't make much sense for it to be set in 2013.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It wasn't commercial free, I had to fast-forward through the commercials, and I had the premiere recorded. Also, it had to be set in the 80s because that's when the Cold War was at its height, and these KGB spies were in the US. Wouldn't make much sense for it to be set in 2013.

Cold war ended in 91. But what if there were soviet spies in the US today. I think that'd be a better story.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think that'd still be a good story, but definitely not a better one as one set during the Cold War.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never heard about this series until this thread and reading up on it it has plenty of potential. The spy genre intrigues me and I actually like that this is set back in the 80's during the Cold War. If it was set in modern times we would get the predictable Middle Eastern sleeper agent plus spys were a lot more prolific back in the day compared to now so it would have been more likely to happen back then. Really dig the concept and hopefully it gets picked up in Australia so I can check it out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Never heard about this series until this thread and reading up on it it has plenty of potential. The spy genre intrigues me and I actually like that this is set back in the 80's during the Cold War. If it was set in modern times we would get the predictable Middle Eastern sleeper agent plus spys were a lot more prolific back in the day compared to now so it would have been more likely to happen back then. Really dig the concept and hopefully it gets picked up in Australia so I can check it out.

The 80s setting really works due to how paranoid people were back in the day with the Russians and fear of them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To the Australians on the forum Channel 10 has picked this up for this years ratings period. No official start date yet but it will probably be late May.

Have any others been keeping up with this show throughout the season?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watched the first 4 episodes and they were alright, I should probably catch up. It's worth the watch, at least give it a try.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Premiered tonight in Australia (Channel 10 for the Aussies here) and I enjoyed it. Laid out enough of a platform going forward to keep me interested, nice coincidence with the new neighbour across the road. Concept is really good and this is another show to add to my list of shows, two added in two days (Bates Motel was the other).

I also marked out for Phil Collins playing. Actually worked well with the scene as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Three episodes in and I am still a regular watcher. It is moving forward at a nice pace and they are starting to fill in some details of their past and how they came to be. Two good operations as well and I like the length that they would go to to ensure that it would happen. I liked how at the end of the third episode you see how ruthless the organisation is with the child and the mother. I was glad to read that Nina, Annet Mahendru, is a regular as she is stunning.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This has recently started in the UK and I caught the second episode last week and was impressed.

Think the cast are very strong, and like the black humour and tense atmosphere. Its a good twist on a old idea and seems to be working well. Will be catching up with more.