The Absolute Greatest of All Time Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Listen up you sloppy jalopy son of a bitch, sitting there on your fuckin couch with your fuckin phone in your hand....

Oops, wrong place wrong time. (Though I bet i have you on your toes now like a midget at a urinal :emoji_wink:)

Welcome to the Absolute Greatest Of All Time Tournament, aka AGOATT, aka The Josh Mathews Invitational, aka The I Couldn't Come Up with a Better Name Cup.

What is AGOATT you ask? Well luckily I have the answer to that. It is a tournament of sorts that I have been thinking of doing for a long time now, and have decided to finally get around to doing. It will determine the Absolute Greatest wrestler of all time, much like the name implies. I'll probably end up changing the format of this and other tweaks as I go along, and I am well aware that this will take a long time to complete.

Every day, I will watch and post 4 matches from the tournament, going in alphabetical order according to the records of profightdb.com. In this qualifying round, if the subject wins, they are then put into the official tournament. In all future rounds, the winner advances, the loser is knocked out. Pretty simple really. And in interest of fairness i will attempt to be picking matches that I've either never seen or don't remember the outcome to.

For the first round, matches will all have a 10 minute time limit. In order to qualify for the tournament, the participant must have AT LEAST 20 matches under their belt and have been put into the database. And to eliminate accidental double booking oversights, every gimmick will count separately instead of the individual person.

Sound good? Great. Feel free to post reactions to matches, predictions, hate mail, ideas for improvement, feedback on the idea or format, or pretty much anything else related to the topic.

Hope to see you all soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Day 1 AGOATT Qualifying Matches​

With the first 4 qualifiers in the bag, A.J. Gray becomes the first and thus far only competitor to qualify for the AGOATT with a pinfall over Kaplan. Meanwhile, in what some will consider to be a series of upsets, A-1, A-Train, and A.J. Kirsch have already been knocked out of contention. Both the Gray and Kirsch matches I found to be fun quick little bouts which werent perfect, but worth a watch nonetheless.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Day 2 AGOATT Qualifying Matches

In contrast to yesterday's qualifiers, today saw 3 of the 4 competitors advance to the first round of the AGOATT, with victories by fan favorites AR Fox, AJ Styles, and AJ Lee. Today saw the first women's bout, as well as the first knockout victory, unfortunately for Aaron Epic.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Day 2 AGOATT Qualifying Matches

Today's set of matches brought us no new entrants into the AGOATT. However, readers may be interested in seeing a VERY early appearance by the man who would go on to become The Intellectual Savior of the Masses. I myself had also forgotten how long both Parks and Williams had been wrestling, and was actually shocked to see them both with long hair. I wouldn't highly recommend most of these matches, but as far as quick WWF matches from Superstars go, the Abismo/Aguayo match was pretty impressive.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Day 3 AGOATT Qualifying Matches

I could have been happy going my whole life never seeing that promo exchange before the Jinder/AW match. Washington picks up the victory in a meh match. Abyss and Ace Darling won and lost their respective squash matches. And Ace Austin wins and as usual looks pretty impressive in the process against Tahir James.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Whatever happened to Aaron Epic? I remember he was a top heel in Florida when I used to go to indie shows all the time lol

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Aaron Epic? I remember he was a top heel in Florida when I used to go to indie shows all the time lol
Him admitting to domestic abuse via text happened.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Him admitting to domestic abuse via text happened.
Didn't know. I guess he was the perfect rival for Chasyn Rance for 10 years all the way to that NJPW show in Daytona Beach