The 84th Annual Academy Awards Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
I hear a lot of people rooting against Clooney, but I really would like to see him win it, he really is great in that movie. Dujardin I'd been okay with too, I guess.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Personally I'd love if Oldman won but there's just no way I see it happening. I cannot believe this is his first nomination.

Swinny

Reaction score
It is. And it's about damn time he was nominated. He's had so many better performances in better movies though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It is. And it's about damn time he was nominated. He's had so many better performances in better movies though.

It would have been a bittersweet win. How he didn't even get nominated for Best Supporting Actor for The Professional remains one of life's great mysteries.

Glad Dujardin won, he did do a good job, but I would have preferred Clooney getting it tonight.

Swinny

Reaction score
And can I just say Demian Bichir was freakin' awesome too? Since no one talks about him.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
i just don't get the Clooney hate

Sabretooth

Reaction score
They say Dujardin is sleeping with George clooney. And as for best picture... I really doubt whose gonna win (sarcasm)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
And can I just say Demian Bichir was freakin' awesome too? Since no one talks about him.

Meanwhile nobody mentioned Pitt's performance. :lol:

Professor Booty said:
i just don't get the Clooney hate

It's the greatest example of jealousy that exists today.

Swinny

Reaction score
Meanwhile nobody mentioned Pitt's performance. :lol:

I don't know, there's just something about that performance that didn't stand out to me. He did well, but I think that they could have gotten many other people to play the role and do it just as well, he didn't capture it in the way the others did theirs.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think Meryl Streep looked to stiff as Margaret thatcher.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't know, there's just something about that performance that didn't stand out to me. He did well, but I think that they could have gotten many other people to play the role and do it just as well, he didn't capture it in the way the others did theirs.

I thought Moneyball was a great book that made for a so so film. All in all I don't get the love its gotten from some people. It's not even close to some of the great sports films of all time.

Swinny

Reaction score
This is the first one I strongly disagree with. Both Viola and Michelle got screwed.

And Meryl might be joking, but that's exactly how I reacted. :tongue1:

I hate to hate on Meryl Streep because she is great, but this was not one of her best performances, or even a practically great one, and was not up to par with the other two mentioned.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This is the first one I strongly disagree with. Both Viola and Michelle got screwed.

And Meryl might be joking, but that's exactly how I reacted. :tongue1:

I hate to hate on Meryl Streep because she is great, but this was not one of her best performances, or even a practically great one, and was not up to par with the other two mentioned.

Her performance in mamma Mia was far better

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I felt strongly that she was going to get it and yeah, that pisses me off a bit because of those that were passed over.

Swinny

Reaction score
Come on Academy, do something batshit crazy! Give it to War Horse! DO IT! :shifty: