The 4th Annual WrestlingSharts Awards - Nomination Phase

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It's here!
It's not very good!
It's the only award show in the wrestling forum world that accentuates the negative!
It's the WrestlingSharts Awards: Forever After
(not the Final Chapter, sadly)

The Nomination Phase Format

Each voter will DM me with up to three ranked nominations.
You do not have to make three nominations in each category, but if you do, your first choice will be ranked higher.
I will assign points to the ranked nominations you make. If you made 3 nominations, they will receive 3, 2, and 1 points respectively. If you made only 1 nomination, it will receive 1 point. Think something similar the tournament nominations.
Afterwards, up to 5 nominations from each award, depending on what scored the most (or more if there is a tie for 5th), will enter the Final Voting Phase.

But what will you be voting on, you ask?

The Award Categories

Most of these are the same, but here's a reminder.

Worst in the Ring: Male
Worst in the Ring: Female

From walking Botchamania compilations to boring channel-changers, there are many reasons you might not want to see someone in the ring, but they're all valid for this award. This category has two awards, for the worst male and worst female, as terrible wrestling knows no gender. So please send in both male and female nomination sets.

Worst on the Mic: Male
Worst on the Mic: Female

Captivating promo skills can save a wrestler from mediocrity, but lack of ability on the stick can doom even the best in-ring talent. Like Worst in the Ring, there is both a male and female award, so please send in both male and female nomination sets.

The Alliance as Bad as the WCW/ECW One Award
From tepid tag teams to shocking stables, to any other kind of underwhelming union, when two or more wrestlers get together, sometimes the result sucks.

The Randy Rosenbloom Award for Worst Commentator
What do you do when the voice calling the action is so unbearable that you can't enjoy the wrestling? Vote for them here, of course.

The Mike Shaw Memorial Award for Worst Gimmick
Dedicated to the man who brought legendary personas like Norman the Lunatic, Friar Ferguson, and Bastion Booger to life, this award is for a worker who's saddled with a cringeworthy character.

The Test/Wight Award for Worst Finisher
What wrestler had the most unbelievable finishing move this year? Could anything be worse than A Big Boot or A Punch? Probably not, but what comes close?

Most Overpushed
Sometimes the booker can see something in a worker that literally no one else does. Whose booking is far above their actual ability?

Worst Burial
On the other hand, sometimes bookers hold down talented workers for seemingly no reason. Who's gotten the shit end of the stick this year?

The "Minus Five Stars" Worst Match Award
A sad fact of life: for every Savage/Steamboat, there's a thousand Morasca/Sharmells. Which match in 2023 would you consign to the history books of horribleness? Added incentive: your nominations will likely be watched for my bad matches thread!

Worst Non-Wrestling Segment of the Year
It's not just matches that can suck, and this award proves it! The shoddiest segment of the year goes here.

The Worst Feud Award, sponsored by Glenn Jacobs for Knox County Mayor
The storyline that made you wish every wrestling show was just random matches from now on, so nothing like this could happen again...

Worst TV Show of the Year
Sometimes, watching wrestling TV is great, and sometimes it makes you pine for the days of WCW Thunder. Which weekly failed to live up to your expectations this year?

Worst Major Show of the Year
Not every show can be a Wrestlemania X-Seven, but any show can be a December to Dismember. This is the award for a 2023 PPV/major show that you wouldn't watch again, even if you were paid for it.

The :cornette Award for Worst Company of the Year
The one company that has underperformed most across its entire product on this year. Feels good to have intrigue in this award, by the way, WWE dominating the "horrible company" stakes was getting boring.

The "Wrestling Promoters are Garbage" Moment of the Year
This award has been renamed so it feels less serious, but it's still basically the equivalent to WON's Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic. What scummy things did promoters do this year? False advertising? Booking abusers? Saudi Arabia? Vote for what makes you say "fuck this company".

Heartbreaking Injury of the Year
This year's one-off award! And good lordy fuck, did injuries hit hard at the worst possible time this year. Which makes you feel saddest? Vote for that one.

Get your nominations in, because they close at:
MIDNIGHT GMT, JANUARY 9th/10th 2024

STATS

Last edited:

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
NWA about to wing again it seems

• Haha
Reactions: #Waddles

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I nominated lots of AEW stuff though

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Appreciate the reminder, don't let me not send anything in before deadline. Will try and get a shortlist this week that I can finalize on the 1st

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I nominated lots of AEW stuff though
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Nah, couldnt care less. I just dont believe given your undying loyalty and defense of AEW no matter what
cool , maybe one day you'll get your head out of your ass and realize your gimmick is dated and unfunny

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa