The 2009 Spammy Award Ceremony

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

2vbn8li.png

Chuck better come through then. Or at least make me admin for like 5 min and I'll fuckin do it.

PeepShow

I've never been admin, so idk. I'm pretty computer savvy, so I bet I could figure it out rather quickly.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So am I. You'd think it would be under the usergroup manager page where I can set the colour and permissions and everything else but it's not. And you'd also figure that I could go to one of the usergroups who have a similar set up and look there but it tells me nothing at all.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
The award for the next big thing of 2010 is an interesting one this year. The award goes unsurprisingly to Rod23. What you may however find surprising is that Rod23 is not new to IWF. No sir. Rod23 was at one point known to the IWF community as Rated RJC. I had no idea until today and as far as I am concerned you have shown yourself to be a great poster and this award buys you your freedom. Good stuff and welcome back. I'll even merge your accounts if you rat out Truth and tell me who he is because I know he's here.

Haha, well put, Monk. I gotta find a way to put that so it fits now,

"The Next Best Old Thing" ?

Klide

Another year gone, and a new set of awards to be handed out to the fine folks at the IW Forums. This year was by far one of the more raucous ones since I've been here and by far one of the most fun. One of the serious things I'd like to devote some time to in 2010 is getting us some more members, not a lot but a few and just genuinely making things more fun and accessible for our members.

Alright then, with that out of the way on to the show!!

Let's start with the two awards that nobody really gives a damn about. I'm talking about best GFX maker and best BTB writer of 2010.

Our best GFX maker for 2009 recently scored points with yours truly by putting a ridiculously hot chick in a HABS jersey as his avatar but quickly dropped back to obscurity after changing it again. Warrior knocks off Jwind and Wrestling Station to take this year's award. Congrats.

Speaking of obscurity here's the award for the best BTB writer of 2009. The man is one of my favourites on IWF and I'm sure is a competent BTB writer (even though nobody reads it to find out), Axis you are our man and the man of the BtB section apparently.

Due to serious lack of support the best thread of 2009 category will not likely see the light of day again but I am proud to say that this year the thread of 2009 is without a doubt no surprise to anyone, Y2Jasmine (http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32014) takes home the prize. It was like IWF's civil war man.

Our next two awards are based on pure aesthetics. Starting off with the best signature of 2009 we have a three way tie between Nino Brown, Chuck Zombie and yours truly, monkeystyle. I must say that they have more effort put into theirs I think but I'll take the three way tie just so long as I don't have to be "Lucky Pierre"

Also we have best avatar 2009 and that again belongs to yours truly (monkeystyle) in a close fought battle. But Ricky, Bubbles and Julian bring the award back to Sunnyvale. Let's smoke some dope.

Every year one of either the most overrated/underrated always surprises me and this year is no different. Our most underrated poster of the year is one who is quickly growing into a great poster and once he finds an ounce of maturity he could be the greatest of all time! :)shifty:) I'm talking 'bout Kizza. Congrats, don't let it go to your head.

For most overrated poster we have a tie and both of them confuse me but without further ado gatesoftanhauser and the Rated R CMStar should come get their dunce caps and go sit in the corner for a while until you think about what you've done wrong.

According to the vast majority of you the highlight IWF moment of 2009 was "Fuck it, I'm unbanning people." I agree only because I perpetrated it and was possibly the second most satisfying thing I've ever done on this site. IT FELT GOOD LADS.

The award for most opinionated jerk or best debater if you want to be nice about it goes to the opinionated jerk who turned down my offer of a staff spot, Airfixx. You huge bag of wind.

The next award for funniest member is going to be shared by two of our most beloved IWF'ers. I doubt they'll mind either since they share so much more as it is. BKB, and Peepshow you are officially hysterical. Now you can make fun of Mizmasta and LKP and if they say anything just tell them to shut up because you're funnier than they are.

The award for favourite staff member wasn't even close. It was a fucking landslide if I may be so blunt. It's mine (monkeystyle) and the rest of you need to try and get on my level. You're probably trying to do too much like enforce rules and shit. Side note, I think I've won this every time since I've been staff. Go me!

His mommy is going to be so happy he finally won something... Our worst poster of 09 was another one of those huge landslides. It wasn't even a contest. iamironman you are the very worst IWF had to offer in 2009. Too bad I doubt you will be able to "kenfan" this one and make it a positive.

We're down now to our last four awards. The big ones.

First off let's start with the most improved poster of 2009. This one was close but in the end it is Straight Edge 76 taking home the hardware. However I must warn you further association with Blaze and the *ugh* bWo will result in your Spammy being repossessed.

The award for the next big thing of 2010 is an interesting one this year. The award goes unsurprisingly to Rod23. What you may however find surprising is that Rod23 is not new to IWF. No sir. Rod23 was at one point known to the IWF community as Rated RJC. I had no idea until today and as far as I am concerned you have shown yourself to be a great poster and this award buys you your freedom. Good stuff and welcome back. I'll even merge your accounts if you rat out Truth and tell me who he is because I know he's here.

Our award for best non-wrestling forum poster is quite the shocker this year. I'm like actually speechless. Theo Brown you are apparently the best we've got in non-wrestling related posting. This smells like affirmative action to me.

And last but certainly not least we have the best wrestling forum poster of 2009 and since this is a wrestling forum after all, this is the main event. He's already got an award for being a loud mouthed jerk but now he's a loud mouthed jerk with our seal of approval. Airfixx you are a wrestling god!

Alright, I'm bored now and I've done enough of this. I'm out until next year.

Did u really have to bring up Misa Campo lol...

Kizza

No.

Well yes, but along with other things. First off, I wanted the bar to be added as a group for me only and the pink name to go along with that group. I also said I didn't want it added right now, just for it to be added to my memberships. Only thing you did was change the color of my name.

I wanna be in the group too :(

chessarmy

Congratulations to all the winners, even though I don't know many of you since 09 was an off year for me when it comes to activity, I still love you all. And I meant that in a completely homosexual way.

:)