That horrible, horrible Peepshow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
Last Friday on Smackdown, we witnessed a Peepshow segment between Christian and Matt Hardy, in which they did a semishoot talking about how they have never been in position because of management to win a championship. Basically, and in a rather boring way may I add, they rambled about how they deserved to finally win a championship. Personally, and apparently the live crowd agreed with me, they showed why they should never be champions.

Christian, God bless his soul, because amongst this horrid segment you could tell we has great mic skills. Just isn't over. You could complain all you want about how he isn't push hard, but guys like Matt Hardy, R-Truth, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, havent been pushed hard their entire careers and you could still hear solid pops for them throughout their tenures. He just isnt over as a babyface, so it was just sad hearing him give a promo about deserving to be a champion and how the crowd would agree with him while the crowd was sitting on their hands.

Matt Hardy, on the other hand, God, he looked so out of shape it wasn't even funny. That gut of his was amazing. He's starting to reach 2006 JBL fatness. Thing is, I wouldnt give a damn he was fat if in the ring it didn't affect him. Big Show and Rey Mysterio tend to get out of shape at times, yet you couldn't tell by watching their matches. Matt Hardy thanks to his weight gain had to go from a high flyer wrestler to a technical wrestler-a mediocre technical wrestler that is, and how he's just plain boring to watch. You know you suck in the ring when one of your most high impact moves is a second rope elbow drop to the back of the head...of an standing wrestler.

Seriously, this has to be one of the worst segments in a long time. Crowd was dead throughout, and for two wrestlers presenting their case of how they deserved to be World Champions, they did nothing more to sink into midcard.

Thoughts?

CMS

Reaction score
Last Friday on Smackdown, we witnessed a Peepshow segment between Christian and Matt Hardy, in which they did a semishoot talking about how they have never been in position because of management to win a championship. Basically, and in a rather boring way may I add, they rambled about how they deserved to finally win a championship. Personally, and apparently the live crowd agreed with me, they showed why they should never be champions.

Christian, God bless his soul, because amongst this horrid segment you could tell we has great mic skills. Just isn't over. You could complain all you want about how he isn't push hard, but guys like Matt Hardy, R-Truth, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, havent been pushed hard their entire careers and you could still hear solid pops for them throughout their tenures. He just isnt over as a babyface, so it was just sad hearing him give a promo about deserving to be a champion and how the crowd would agree with him while the crowd was sitting on their hands.

Matt Hardy, on the other hand, God, he looked so out of shape it wasn't even funny. That gut of his was amazing. He's starting to reach 2006 JBL fatness. Thing is, I wouldnt give a damn he was fat if in the ring it didn't affect him. Big Show and Rey Mysterio tend to get out of shape at times, yet you couldn't tell by watching their matches. Matt Hardy thanks to his weight gain had to go from a high flyer wrestler to a technical wrestler-a mediocre technical wrestler that is, and how he's just plain boring to watch. You know you suck in the ring when one of your most high impact moves is a second rope elbow drop to the back of the head...of an standing wrestler.

Seriously, this has to be one of the worst segments in a long time. Crowd was dead throughout, and for two wrestlers presenting their case of how they deserved to be World Champions, they did nothing more to sink into midcard.

Thoughts?

Alex C

Reaction score
I think Christian really deserves to be World Champion in WWE...But I hope that Matt Hardy wont get it.At least while he's in this condition.

Alex C

Reaction score
I think Christian really deserves to be World Champion in WWE...But I hope that Matt Hardy wont get it.At least while he's in this condition.

Reaction score
As talented as people perceive Christian to be, he just isn't over. He needs a heel turn very badly and maybe, MAYBE feuding him with Rey might get him enough heat to warrant at the very least a world title program. Otherwise it is more than fair to say Jack Swagger makes a better world champ, it doesn't matter what a bunch of internet marks think, the general audience at least pays some sort of attention to Swagger and he was able to garner heat.

Matt Hardy...ha. 2005 is never coming back Matty, time to hit the tracks. But unlike his brother, I think he is smart enough to stay where he is since the pay is better as well as the exposure. The only thing he has in common with his brother is that they are both incredibly lazy nowadays.

Reaction score
As talented as people perceive Christian to be, he just isn't over. He needs a heel turn very badly and maybe, MAYBE feuding him with Rey might get him enough heat to warrant at the very least a world title program. Otherwise it is more than fair to say Jack Swagger makes a better world champ, it doesn't matter what a bunch of internet marks think, the general audience at least pays some sort of attention to Swagger and he was able to garner heat.

Matt Hardy...ha. 2005 is never coming back Matty, time to hit the tracks. But unlike his brother, I think he is smart enough to stay where he is since the pay is better as well as the exposure. The only thing he has in common with his brother is that they are both incredibly lazy nowadays.

Reaction score

While Jeff is incredibly stupid, it's much better that he left WWE considering the whole drug thing. He would have been fired had he resigned with WWE after the drug bust, but now he can say he left on his own terms.

Reaction score

While Jeff is incredibly stupid, it's much better that he left WWE considering the whole drug thing. He would have been fired had he resigned with WWE after the drug bust, but now he can say he left on his own terms.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^LOL... By design? Hardly!

I have a horrible feeling that Matt Hardy is gonna win MITB and will hold off challenging his "buddy" Rey, only to get robbed of it by Drew later down the line.

Any other way, I'd have both C & MH down as the two LEAST likely to win.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^LOL... By design? Hardly!

I have a horrible feeling that Matt Hardy is gonna win MITB and will hold off challenging his "buddy" Rey, only to get robbed of it by Drew later down the line.

Any other way, I'd have both C & MH down as the two LEAST likely to win.

Reaction score
I don't think anything Jeff has ever done was properly thought about, so you know. ;D

Should say, it's no news that Christian isn't as over as some people like to think. Remember when we had the SUPER DUPER AWESOME INTERACTIVE RAW WHERE WE GOT TO MAKE THE DECISIONS AND THERE SO WEREN'T CRAPTACULAR MATCHES AND MATCH IDEAS AND WWE TOTALLY GAVE US POWER? Fairly sure in a poll to be R-Truth's partner, John Morrison (proving that people do at least semi care about him) absolutely crushed Christian in the poll.

The people announced to compete in the MITB match haven't exactly excited me thus far from SmackDown!. I mean, we've got no one who I would really like to see world champion, other than maybe Christian, but like I said his popularity isn't all it's cracked up to be, or possibly Kofi, which I just can't see happening. The RAW side looks far more entertaining with a few guys who could potentially take it and genuinely excite me. At this stage SmackDown!'s winner is almost guaranteed to be a further turnoff for me with the brand in general, with Punk out injured, Swagger no longer champ and Kane receiving a gigantic push that will no doubt fizzle out like all of those that came before him.

Reaction score
I don't think anything Jeff has ever done was properly thought about, so you know. ;D

Should say, it's no news that Christian isn't as over as some people like to think. Remember when we had the SUPER DUPER AWESOME INTERACTIVE RAW WHERE WE GOT TO MAKE THE DECISIONS AND THERE SO WEREN'T CRAPTACULAR MATCHES AND MATCH IDEAS AND WWE TOTALLY GAVE US POWER? Fairly sure in a poll to be R-Truth's partner, John Morrison (proving that people do at least semi care about him) absolutely crushed Christian in the poll.

The people announced to compete in the MITB match haven't exactly excited me thus far from SmackDown!. I mean, we've got no one who I would really like to see world champion, other than maybe Christian, but like I said his popularity isn't all it's cracked up to be, or possibly Kofi, which I just can't see happening. The RAW side looks far more entertaining with a few guys who could potentially take it and genuinely excite me. At this stage SmackDown!'s winner is almost guaranteed to be a further turnoff for me with the brand in general, with Punk out injured, Swagger no longer champ and Kane receiving a gigantic push that will no doubt fizzle out like all of those that came before him.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Thing is, you couldn't even vote during that episode. I went to the website about every other day (which is a lot considering I never go on there besides when I ordered the Morrison glasses cause TNA sold out of The Pope glasses), I checked before the episode aired and as it was on. There were no polls at all on their website. CTG even sent us a link on msn to their forums, their blogs, it was a bunch of people complaining because they couldn't vote. That was all WWE's doing.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Thing is, you couldn't even vote during that episode. I went to the website about every other day (which is a lot considering I never go on there besides when I ordered the Morrison glasses cause TNA sold out of The Pope glasses), I checked before the episode aired and as it was on. There were no polls at all on their website. CTG even sent us a link on msn to their forums, their blogs, it was a bunch of people complaining because they couldn't vote. That was all WWE's doing.