Texas governor: 15 killed in school shooting; gunman dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I legit don't understand how anyone can be this far gone without anyone helping them or seeing a pattern developing. I'm not taking up for the gunman at all but someone along the way someone could have saved lives.
Some people isolate themselves from the rest of the world and no one knows what is happening inside their home. Covid made this even worse.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Some people isolate themselves from the rest of the world and no one knows what is happening inside their home. Covid made this even worse.
True.....the guy killed his grandmother before he went on his rampage.

It's just disheartening to see a country that was supposed to be the beacon....just sit idly by while their own people are being massacred because of their own deeply held beliefs. Especially when other countries that have suffered the same thing, did eliminate the problem with what one would think is common sense legislation.

Why is a country with states who are supposedly "pro-life" not even do anything that could easily prevent these massacres, not do a goddamn thing.

Reminds me of something I heard in a George Carlin special back in 1996 "If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're fucked!"

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Now it's 18 kids confirmed to be dead and this is fucking sad. As well as disgusting. My condolences goes out to the families that lost their precious kids. Kids that probably would have grown up to be something or a someone in the world. :(

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Children in an apparent 1st world country should not be afraid to to go to school. Ever.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Need a two pronged approach in America at this stage.

1) Much tighter gun control checks

2) And I hate to say this one - but its Pandora's Box being opened - School Security needed to be vetted if not actual Police and armed.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Just gonna say : not one school in Canada has metal detectors or any security guards. Lieterally none (outside of colleges for parking n general security). Im guessing this is the same as England. And im guessing guns are just as legal in Canada as they are in England. I can take a course wait a month or so and buy a hunting shotgun. Seems more than reasonable. There no reason for a regular citizen should own military automatic weapons w no clip limit. Gun ownersip is a PRIVILEGE not a right, idc what your antiquated piece of paper says, stop acting like , no pun intended,children that didnt get their toy right away and had to wait. Gun control isnt even about taking guns away from people, thats just more NRA brainwashing to make you fear some boogeyman instead of looking at actual facts and reality. This is easy stuff to fix just stop listening to ppl who make money off these guns and death

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Just gonna say : not one school in Canada has metal detectors or any security guards. Lieterally none (outside of colleges for parking n general security). Im guessing this is the same as England

in the inner city schools - security and metal detectors are much more common occurrence now especially in high schools 11-18, but that been done to prevent knife crime. But its seen as an acceptable measure by most.

Outside of previous employment situations and gun ranges - I've only even seen one civilian with a gun over here though.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
in the inner city schools - security and metal detectors are much more common occurrence now especially in high schools 11-18, but that been done to prevent knife crime.
Ah yeah yall have that issue. Im not saying we dont have youth violence n crime here either but never really weapons stuff.

Guessing this tends to happen in bigger cities in more rough neighbourhoods? Still sad imo, school should be an inclusive place of learning. Breaks my heart a child would be scared for his life simply going to school

Just another reason that putting money into education and housing is the key. Two things that actually lower crime long term. Educated ppl that have shelter = less crime, less violence. But mb thats a topic for another day.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

I feel you Jonah

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At this point as long as it isn't their only solution, I have no issue with people wanting guards and all the dumb shit you have to have in an attempt to prevent this bc clearly that's what we have to live like here in America at the moment. Only concern I'd have is that I highly doubt the training for a public school security position is going to be all that thorough, we already have school funding as a political issue in the first place. It wouldn't prevent anything most likely, but maybe only a few kids would have been killed here instead of 18, that's the America we have to live in I guess

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
great point about lack of funding and training Chris

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
At this point as long as it isn't their only solution, I have no issue with people wanting guards and all the dumb shit you have to have in an attempt to prevent this bc clearly that's what we have to live like here in America at the moment. Only concern I'd have is that I highly doubt the training for a public school security position is going to be all that thorough, we already have school funding as a political issue in the first place. It wouldn't prevent anything most likely, but maybe only a few kids would have been killed here instead of 18, that's the America we have to live in I guess

I think you should have actual police on site - but that is just a suggestion from a johnny foreigner on american policy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it forever saddens me education and healthcare are being eroded everywhere. Those are the two major pillars to any successful society. Healthy and Educated people work more . people who work more generally don't commit as many crimes. also more ppl working = more profits. it's such a simple concept that we just dismiss so much as a society and it legit frustrates me so much.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think you should have actual police on site - but that is just a suggestion from a johnny foreigner on american policy.

Idk about other places in America but like my high school did this for a few years and it was a joke cause they sent like the 65 year old who refused to retire to do it instead of someone that would have been useful lol he was a cool guy at least hut thankfully my life was never in his hand

Reactions: Vegeta

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Idk about other places in America but like my high school did this for a few years and it was a joke cause they sent like the 65 year old who refused to retire to do it instead of someone that would have been useful lol he was a cool guy at least hut thankfully my life was never in his hand

I mean - it would only work in the US, if it was actually active duty and probably not the same guys on patrol the whole time. This bitch just offering potential solutions - that will be forgotten about after a week of facebook posts and silence from policy makers.