Texas governor: 15 killed in school shooting; gunman dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean - it would only work in the US, if it was actually active duty and probably not the same guys on patrol the whole time. This bitch just offering potential solutions - that will be forgotten about after a week of facebook posts and silence from policy makers.

Yeah and I don't even disagree with it, my main point in my first post is really that I don't think there should be major push back if people suggest more armed guards and safety measures just bc "it shouldn't have to be done though"

This is just America so implementation would probably be shit in a lot of places, fine in a lot as well, and great in some

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I heard about this on the train to work this morning and just cried. I'm really at a loss for words how anybody could in any state of mind just go slaughter children for ? reasons. Every time this happens, I question policy makers and the like in the US. I thought that Columbine would shake them to their foundations, and then my word Sandy Hook should have been the cannonball of change. But no, like 4 more at least since then that made the news here, and then today's one. Thoughts and prayers don't mean shit nor do they protect you from armed cunts going on a rampage.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Everyone should watch this and reflect

Reactions: Lethal

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Everyone should watch this and reflect

This. 100% this. It's a putrid, toxic environment that doesn't ever seem like changing. How much more? I read that they have regular shooting drills like an evacuation drill - the actual FUCK? How can this be considered 'healthy' for a childs development?

Republican Party (and a lot of other politicians) are against abortion yet will do nothing to stop the guns in the hands of lunatics who will slaughter them in cold blood. Wretched, wretched scenario to be in. I'm studying to be a PE teacher and read that the 2 teachers put themselves in the line of fire to try and protect the kids - heroes. I'd do the same in a heartbeat.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I love you lethal. And i genuinely hope no one has to go through this is their life n hope my american friends can try to figure this out because man this aint it

Reactions: Lethal

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Each day I am blessed that my kids can go to school and feel safe. I love that their biggest worry is about getting out playing handball or someone else has the same hairstyle.

Years ago I dreamt of travelling to the US. Basing myself in a small coastal town and using it as a base to do a lot of exploring. But....I don't think that's realistic anymore. Land of the free and home of the brave. Heard it all my life. Not sure it happens anymore.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm going to Chicago. I don't exactly feel safe either and if I had kids well, I'd certainly be weighing the risk as well. Can't say I blame you for feeling that way.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Active shooter drills are def common, probably started when I was in junior high I think so maybe 08ish? Before Sandy Hook but they became way more common after that, treated just as fire drills and tornado drills

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Reading about this and all of the innocent lives that were taken is heartbreaking. Like I said in the other thread, this is a horrific and senseless tragedy that shouldn’t be happening at all.

My heart goes out to the families that lost a loved one in this tragedy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Lance Storm rules

Reactions: Vegeta

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Each day I am blessed that my kids can go to school and feel safe. I love that their biggest worry is about getting out playing handball or someone else has the same hairstyle.

Years ago I dreamt of travelling to the US. Basing myself in a small coastal town and using it as a base to do a lot of exploring. But....I don't think that's realistic anymore. Land of the free and home of the brave. Heard it all my life. Not sure it happens anymore.

I sometimes have regrets about leaving America (I've only been done not even 2 months) but have I considered going back even once? Heck no!

No metal detectors in schools. No armed teachers. No schools that look like prisons.... and despite all this no one I've spoken to here has ever worried, not even for a second that their kids might not come home from school because they got shot. It's almost as if none of those things listed above are what stops it happening....in fact only single difference between here and the US is access to guns.

That's it. We have American movies here. American music. American video games. Literally the only difference is people here can't go down to Winn Dixie and load up on guns....

And I've yet to find a single freedom taken away from me. Heck, if I want to I can go and get a firearms license and buy a gun if I really wanted to!

Land of the free is false advertising. One of the lands of the free would be more accurate. I'm just as free here as I was there.

Semi rant over. Get stricter gun laws America.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Police commander made 'wrong decision' not to breach classroom doors during elementary school shooting, official says​

CNN

(CNN)While a gunman was inside adjoining classrooms with children at a Texas elementary school, a group of 19 law enforcement officers stood in a hallway outside and took no action as they waited for room keys and tactical equipment, a state official said Friday.

"The on-scene commander at that time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject," Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Col. Steven McCraw said.

"From the benefit of hindsight where I'm sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision. There's no excuse for that," he said.

LATEST UPDATES Uvalde school shooting

While officers waited outside adjoining classrooms at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, children inside the room repeatedly called 911 and pleaded for help, he said.

"The belief was there isn't anybody living anymore and that the subject is now trying to keep law enforcement at bay or entice them to come in" and shoot them, he said.

The damning revelation explains the lengthy wait between when officers first arrived to the school at 11:44 a.m. and when a tactical team finally entered the room and killed the gunman at 12:50 p.m. The tactical team was able to enter using keys from a janitor, McCraw said.

Nineteen students and two teachers were killed Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde before the team killed the gunman, ending the deadliest US school shooting in almost a decade.

Officials initially praised the law enforcement response and noted that the carnage could have been worse. But revelations from McCraw and from DPS regional chief Victor Escalon a day earlier revealed major flaws in the response and contradictory information.

Emergency protocol established since the Columbine school shooting of 1999 is to end the threat as quickly as possible because fatalities occur in seconds to minutes.

"The levels of failure are just incredible, beyond belief," said Anthony Barksdale, the former acting Baltimore police commissioner.

The shooting in Uvalde is the deadliest school shooting since the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre and at least the 30th shooting at a K-12 school in 2022. The attack came less than two weeks after a racist mass shooting in Buffalo, New York, and has left Americans grieving yet again and many renewing calls for gun law reform.

Goddamn it! It's your fucking job to stop the son of a bitch from killing innocent people and y'all want to wait?! They all deserved to be fucking fired! No wonder law enforcement are getting a bad rep with this shit!

Reactions: Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP