TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The banner is solid enough but the logo is too difficult to read with the color of the letters blending with the background
yeah i thought same tbh, certainly not my best work lol i used the evolve logo from the game.

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
That banner is stunning, I dig it!

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
im trying to download theupdated version of the game on TEW https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/t...sion-146-part-iii-change-log-other-resources/. I cant seem to get the file to actual upload. I unzip it and tried to replace it do i just delete the old one replace it with this one? I dont want to delete it and end up losing the game either.

When you try and copy the new update to your current TEW folder after extracted it should ask if you want to replace the one named the same thing, say yes. That's the best way to know you did it right, it is deleting and replacing though

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
yea that made me unable to open game :will I'm just being dumb lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Well, I can say that I am 99% finished with my alternate timeline database: "1992 - The Death of Vince McMahon", so it only feels right to share it and have a couple folks possibly playtest it for any bugs or issues that come up.

It's highly recommended to use the 1992 Chronicles picture base:

Here's the intro I had also made as well:

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I will say, it took some time to decide what the product should be for each company, so in the end, I settled with:

AWA (Core Product: Silver Age Pro Wrestling / Current Product: Classic Balanced)

I struggled with this one since with Eric Bischoff as the booker, he'd push the company into a more entertainment oriented-direction. Obviously Verne would still have control of the company, but Bischoff's ideas will see more action. So Classic Balanced seemed to be the best of both worlds.

USWA (Core Product: Classic Southern Wrestling / Current Product: Classic Wild West)

With Bill Watts in charge, I still think it was a tough decision between Classic Southern Wrestling, Hokey Southern Wrestling, and Classic Wild West. At the end of the day, I decided upon Classic Wild West; with talents like Steve Williams, Terry Gordy, and Ron Simmons there, they'd work excellently in this system, and it's probably the most in-line with the Dallas/Mid-South product. Obviously, Memphis wouldn't have this product, but nevertheless, I think Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Lawler would still do very well in this system.

WCW (Core Product: Classic Southern Wrestling / Current Product: Episodic Entertainment)

This one was a bit tough to work with too. Obviously Classic Sports Entertainment would be the obvious choice, but I ultimately decided on Episodic Entertainment, since WCW in the early 90s was more contingent on promos and angles than just the wrestling. So with that in mind, Episodic Entertainment works best for how I envisioned the product at this point in time.

WWF (Core Product: Classic Sports Entertainment / Current Product: PG Rated Sports Entertainment)

With Vince dead, Linda likely tries to pivot the company in a more family friendly direction after Vince tries to make the company more adult in 1990-1991. Additionally with the upcoming scandals, WWF wants to present a friendlier face. PG Rated works much better in comparison to Family Friendly Sports Entertainment, since that version doesn't really work for the talents that the WWF has rn.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
The tameness of the PG Rated Sports Entertainment product is for me akin to WWE in 2009, when they were hyper overcorrecting because Linda was running for Senate. Shit like the Hornswoggle/Chavo comedy series and "JBL is Poopy"

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The tameness of the PG Rated Sports Entertainment product is for me akin to WWE in 2009, when they were hyper overcorrecting because Linda was running for Senate. Shit like the Hornswoggle/Chavo comedy series and "JBL is Poopy"
Now I actually think that fits more in line with Family Friendly Sports Entertainment.

Both are definitely similar so I guess it's just up to interpretation, since both are described as:

PG Rated Sports Entertainment said:
This is the traditional western Sports Entertainment but done with an eye toward a younger audience. It's dumbed down and sanitized, but as a result has a fairly wide appeal and is very sponsor-friendly

Family Friendly Sports Entertainment said:
Western Pro Wrestling stripped down, this is all about larger-than-life colorful characters battling it out in simple matches with interviews and easy-to-follow angles used to add to the drama.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In my mind PG still had more of the sports entertainment soap opera aspects, you can have more complicated, just PG rated stories.

Family friendly is comic book generic good vs evil

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Is there are any background to the Four Horsemen situation here?
Austin's contract with USWA expired in early 1990, and Flair and Arn specifically scoped him out as a potential new member, meanwhile Pillman had been a talent with WCW since around 1988, and starting teaming with top babyface Barry Windham around 1991, before turning heel and joining the Horsemen in October. So the "Four Horsemen" as a full stable has only been around for a couple of months.

Austin's been essentially docked by Arn and Flair as the "Chosen One" of the group. So it's sort of a new group but mostly designed to get Steve Austin ready for the main event.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Austin's contract with USWA expired in early 1990, and Flair and Arn specifically scoped him out as a potential new member, meanwhile Pillman had been a talent with WCW since around 1988, and starting teaming with top babyface Barry Windham around 1991, before turning heel and joining the Horsemen in October. So the "Four Horsemen" as a full stable has only been around for a couple of months.

Austin's been essentially docked by Arn and Flair as the "Chosen One" of the group. So it's sort of a new group but mostly designed to get Steve Austin ready for the main event.
Works for me