Terminator 5 to be rated R

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Just a week or so ago, action film fans were upset to discover that The Expendables 2 was going to arrive in theaters with a PG-13 rating – thanks, apparently, to Chuck Norris. Norris was unhappy with the vulgar language in the script and the idea that it would keep some audience members from seeing the film, so Stallone and company decided to go with the more family-friendly PG-13. Fans, expecting a hard R-rating and all the violence it ensures, are now convinced the film will be a compromised and somewhat restrained creation (Stallone says this is untrue, but we’ll have to wait and see).

This is hardly the first time in recent years that a film getting a PG-13 instead of an R rating has upset fans. It seems like a relatively new trend, but horror geeks were displeased when Sam Raimi’s Drag Me to Hell premiered with the lower rating (and many skipped seeing it entirely, convinced it wouldn’t deliver the gory goods) and fans of the Terminator were also vocal in their displeasure when Salvation went for the more commercially viable PG-13.

Those concerned that the planned fifth Terminator film would also be stuck with the rating can now breathe easy. Megan Ellison, owner of Annapurna Pictures (the company producing the next installment), has taken to Twitter to tell everyone that the film will return to the series' R-rated roots. Here’s the exchange, with a Terminator fansite, courtesy of the guys at ComicBookMovie.

TheTerminatorFans.com : @meganeellison We hope you can bring this franchise back from the brink of PG-13 HELL!

Megan Ellison : @terminatorfans We can't really tell you guys anything about Terminator BUT it will be an R rated film as God and James Cameron intended.

Hope that this is good news. I have no issues with Expendables being PG-13 to get Norris in it at all.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't see the big deal honestly. An R rating to me means nothing if they are just being vulgar and gory for the sake of being vulgar and gory. A lot of PG-13 movies wind up being better anyway. Other times that may not be the case as with Terminator: Salvation.

Castiel

Reaction score
I just hope this is a little sign that it will be better then Salvation... I do think people get too hung up on ratings though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I used to be hung up on ratings considering how many horror films I love were chopped to shit during the 80's, but since Jack Valenti died they haven't been as important to me. Oh and for those that don't know, Valenti was the man responsible for butchering nearly every film that came across his desk when he was still President of the MPAA.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I used to be hung up on ratings considering how many horror films I love were chopped to shit during the 80's, but since Jack Valenti died they haven't been as important to me. Oh and for those that don't know, Valenti was the man responsible for butchering nearly every film that came across his desk when he was still President of the MPAA.
Yeah that was bullshit. But if you hate shit being cut down to fit an R-rating, then you must think trying to cut down to PG-13 must be worse?

I have no issue with PG-13 films if they are good films and they were intended to be PG-13. But horror films are not intended to be PG-13 and neither are films like Terminator or Die Hard.

That's all I got to say about that.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah that was bullshit. But if you hate shit being cut down to fit an R-rating, then you must think trying to cut down to PG-13 must be worse?

Except in this day and age, a film is written and shot with the rating in mind beforehand, not cut afterwards. In the 80's, the film was already in the can before it was chopped to pieces.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Except in this day and age, a film is written and shot with the rating in mind beforehand, not cut afterwards. In the 80's, the film was already in the can before it was chopped to pieces.
That may be true but depending on the genre the rating makes a big difference. To me a horror film can not be PG-13. That's just not acceptable.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That may be true but depending on the genre the rating makes a big difference. To me a horror film can not be PG-13. That's just not acceptable.

Carnival of Souls is an excellent horror film (albeit released before ratings were put on films) and wouldn't be an R if it was released today. However I agree that there aren't many, if any, that have been rated below R since the ratings board came into being.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal honestly. An R rating to me means nothing if they are just being vulgar and gory for the sake of being vulgar and gory. A lot of PG-13 movies wind up being better anyway. Other times that may not be the case as with Terminator: Salvation.

I have this same opinion when it comes to nudity.

Nudity doesn't offend me at all. Thing is, if they are adding it because it is at least somewhat relevant to the movie, cool, but if they are just throwing in tits, asses and dicks because they can, it really ruins the whole movie.