Tell a Lie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Does TNA Need All of it's Superstars?

Have you ever looked at the current roster? They have more guys than say the RAW roster. They have a one hour show, yet they have enough guys to fill a 3 hour weekly show. Who do you think TNA doesn't need on their roster anymore?

This Guy

Anyone who used to work for the WWE who is living in the past or is bringing down TNA as a whole. This includes but is not limited to the Voodoo Kin Mafia, all 3 members of Team 3D, Kurt Angle (yes I said Kurt Angle he's done nothing to increase the ratings), & Scott Stiener.

phantomgerald

i disagree. i think sharkboy, diamonds in the rough and VKM should go. team 3d still can perform

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
well i think in a couple of years they might get 2 hours idk about 3 but u'll c so they should keep the roster and add more

03mnm

Reaction score
David young, Simon Dimond and Norman Smiley should go there are doing nothing in helping the Promotion at all.

The Extremist

Reaction score
A-1 (Boring big guy. At least Lance Hoyt has some personality.)

Shark Boy (I know he's a cult favorite, but I hate stupid gimmicks)

David Young (Keep Elix Skipper and push him in the X Division)

Norman Smiley (Never really liked him. Always saw him as a joke. Maybe that's why other people liked him.)

VKM (Way past their prime.)

Sting (I'm probably going to catch a lot of **** for this one.)

Kevin Nash (Good on the mic, but can't wrestle worth a **** anymore. He's 47years old. Not a lot for him left to do. Time to go.)

I can't think of any others right now.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Just like to point out that Kevin Nash is not going to be wrestling anymore for TNA, TNA head staff knew what happened last time they booked him in a match against Sabin, plus with his health problems and him enjoying being in the role he is in at the moment it is very unlikely he will be wrestling again.

Also TNA and Spike Tv are apparently extremely close on securing a 2 hour slot, Spike Tv just want to see how well their 2 hour special show does first.

The Extremist

Reaction score
I think the 2 hour special will do really well. It is a smart plan. Since RAW won't be on that Monday, all of the people who would normally watch RAW, now have no wrestling to watch that night, but if TNA can promote this 2 hour special right, that would help bring in some new viewers, and if the 2 hour special is really good, then those viewers will likely want to see more and will watch TNA on Thursday, making the ratings for that show better. I think it's better for them to do a "Best Of" show instead of a live show, just to let the people who don't normally watch TNA know why they should start.

I think the ratings for the 2-hour special will be really good, probably the best TV ratings TNA will have had so far. I predict that TNA's 2 hour special will be in the 1.4-1.6 range, and if the ratings are good, I think that'll convince Spike TV to give TNA 2 hours.

Reaction score
VKM (Way past their prime.)

Sting (I'm probably going to catch a lot of **** for this one.)

Kevin Nash (Good on the mic, but can't wrestle worth a **** anymore. He's 47years old. Not a lot for him left to do. Time to go.)

I can't think of any others right now.

You have a point about VKM. Without the anti-DX campaign the whole angle is pointless. I can see BG and Kip having a feud when Jarrett eventually returns (remember that blink and you'll miss it disagreement they had about JJ a few months back?) but they're worse than useless right now.

Sting, I'm with you. I'm pleased he's out of the title picture now (which I actually think he sucked in) but he's done all there is to do. He may be giving Abyss the rub but as long as he's taking up valuable match time with soap opera angles I'll gladly see the back of him. Also, does anyone else regard the Scorpion Deathlock as an atrocious finisher. It doesn't look in the least bit convincing. Ditto the stroke and the Styles Clash.

Nash, he's funny as hell. Stick him on the announcers table. TNA need a heel on commentary like they need a 4.0 rating.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Lets see here. I'd drop

-B.G James
-Kip James
-Lance Hoyt
-Brother Runt
-Shark Boy
-Either Elix Skipper or Sonjay Dutt (can't decide between the two)
-Chase Stevens
-Seratonin (All of them excluding Raven)
-Sting (relatively soon)
-A-1 (does he even still have a job?)

I'm sure that there are more, but that's it for now.

Montana

Yea, i meantioned Tna needs to trim its roster a while back, but it seems they dont want to release anyone.

Id take out

A1

Simond Diamond

Norman Smiley

Ron Killings (they arent doing anything wiht him)

Maverick Matt

Kazarian

JOhnny devine

David Young

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was on the fence about cutting Killings. Part of me wanted to, but another part of me was just like, he's a decent worker, and could be a solid mid card guy if they actually did something with him.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
heres who i think should go...........

1.A1
2.David Young
3.Johnny Devine
4.Kazarian
5.Kevin Nash
6.Maverick Matt
7.Norman Smiley
8.Elix Skipper
9.Raven(imo he has nothing to offer in a wrestling role but maybe in a trainer or something like that he could be good in)

and finally

10.Sharkboy

xtremebadass

Monkeystyle says drop HOYT?!?!?!?! Hoyt is the future of TNA along with Roode, and who else can fued with AJ from the white sox? lol

JMay187

Reaction score
I say drop the following

A1- waste of space on the roster hasn't been seen since god knows when

BG James - A great character but past his prime

Brother Runt - TNA doesn't have anything for him should go to WSX

David Young - Waste of Space should be dropped

Johnny Devne - Waste of Space

Kazarian - Waste of Space

Maverick Matt - Waste o Space

Norman Smiley - to damn old

Elix Skipper - Waste of Space, would make a great addition to the X Division but lets bring in new talent

Scott Steiner - Couldn't wrestle to save his life

Ron Killings - Give him the release he has requested and let him come back to the WWE

Shark Boy - Waste of Space

Siamon Diamond - Waste of Space