Televison Shows Everyone Has Seen Except for YOU

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Lost
Survivor
Dexter
True Blood
Breaking Bad
Glee
How I Met Your Mother
Nip/Tuck
Burn Notice
ER
Gossip Girl
All the CSI's
Desperate Housewives
The Sopranos
The Osbournes
3rd Rock from the Sun

I really don't watch much television. :/

Tell me you've seen Game of Thrones at least. If not, I have to make it my mission to get you well and damn hooked. Actually rivals Mass Effect for the greatest gift humanity has ever given us. And start watching more tv, tv's awesome.

It'd be easier to list what I do watch or have seen substantial amounts of.

Game of Thrones, Family Guy, Dexter, Archer, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, Futurama, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, The Sopranos, The Borgias, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Chappelle's Show, The Tudors, Deadwood, Rome, Boardwalk Empire.....that's about it. I guess I've missed a lot too, but if the show gets enough acclaim, I might make an attempt to watch an episode or two and decide if I like it. I got 4 episodes into True Blood and Mad Men and decided they were pretty much the worst shows ever, for very different reasons. True Blood because it actually sucks and Mad Men because it's the most lifeless, dull show in existance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well the trouble with True Blood is that the characters were well written and it was stylish enough to sustain for a couple of seasons, but then the lack of overall depth kind of got the best of it after that.

However you are so wrong about Mad Men, it is one of the most intellgent, beautifully shot and wonderfully acted shows of the last five years. The reason it may seem slow or lifeless at times, is because it is about characters who are trapped in set out roles in life, and because they take their time develping the characters which make it all the more rewarding.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'm aware that it's technically a "good" show, I realize that. That's why I didn't say it sucked like True Blood. I just find it absolutely impossible to watch. True Blood is like chewing tobacco, it's absolutely revolting. Mad Men is like water, yeah, it's healthy but it's.....water. There's no taste to be found there.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To be fair you did call it the most dull, lifeless show in existence, so that actually does suggest that you hate it LOL.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Tell me you've seen Game of Thrones at least. If not, I have to make it my mission to get you well and damn hooked. Actually rivals Mass Effect for the greatest gift humanity has ever given us. And start watching more tv, tv's awesome.

It'd be easier to list what I do watch or have seen substantial amounts of.

Game of Thrones, Family Guy, Dexter, Archer, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, Futurama, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, The Sopranos, The Borgias, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Chappelle's Show, The Tudors, Deadwood, Rome, Boardwalk Empire.....that's about it. I guess I've missed a lot too, but if the show gets enough acclaim, I might make an attempt to watch an episode or two and decide if I like it. I got 4 episodes into True Blood and Mad Men and decided they were pretty much the worst shows ever, for very different reasons. True Blood because it actually sucks and Mad Men because it's the most lifeless, dull show in existance.
It's funny you mention Game of Thrones, because it was on this morning when I woke up and I watched an episode. I'm going to have to see more of it before I can really get hooked by it, but I might swing by Best Buy and snag Season 1 if it's as good as you say it is. If it has anything on Mass Effect, I suppose it would be criminal not to give it a shot.

Reaction score
It's funny you mention Game of Thrones, because it was on this morning when I woke up and I watched an episode. I'm going to have to see more of it before I can really get hooked by it, but I might swing by Best Buy and snag Season 1 if it's as good as you say it is. If it has anything on Mass Effect, I suppose it would be criminal not to give it a shot.

It's a good show but I don't suggest buying season 1 on DVD, especially if you haven't read the book. Just watch a couple of episodes online to see if you like it.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
To be fair you did call it the most dull, lifeless show in existence, so that actually does suggest that you hate it LOL.

I DO hate it, and I stand by my comment. But just because I think it's boring as hell doesn't mean that I can't realize that it's good artistically and technically. It is, I'd have to be blind to deny it, but I still can't watch it. Like I tried to explain with the analogy about beer and water, some shows like True Blood are bad just because they're flat out bad, and some shows, like Mad Men are bad because they're done in a style I have no interest in, not because the actors aren't good, or the show is artistically bad, or whatever, they're good, it's just not my thing. I can make that distinction. I don't like Shakespeare plays either but that doesn't mean I'm gonna call Shakespeare poorly made.

Well, keep in mind, I didn't go into it with expectations like that, I came in not knowing what to expect, but after a while, it became the only thing I was able to focus on. It's an absolutely genius show. I think it's just as amazing as Mass Effect, but I think you might be a little more fanatical about ME than even me, which is saying a lot. It's for sure the best thing on tv. The author of the series has gotten pretty much every piece of praise you can imagine heaped on him by anyone who matters. And yes, my username is from the show. Don't worry, it's not a spoiler.

I do agree with Gee that you shouldn't buy it unless you know it, that's a rule I have with all tv. Not to mention, it comes out on ME 3 day, so you'll be waiting like 6 months to watch it, lol. Getting the episodes online is a quick, efficient way to watch it. Here's the site I use.

LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added

Just click on Tv Shows, type in the name of the show and click on it. There's no downloading, it's just click on a link, let it load and watch, some links are better than others, though, and some don't even work. If you can find ones that say they're from Putlocker or Sockshare, those are the best, highest quality ones. Don't bother looking at the stars, they mean nothing. You can find any show you want on there, I watch everything there now. Oh, and when you see something that says "episode 0" or something like that, that's not an episode, it's a promotional video for the show.

Now there's always a whole thing about is it better if you read the books first, or to watch the show first, personally, I don't think you NEED to read the book to get into the show. In fact, the show was what got me into reading the books. I started doing it side by side, so I would say that you can go into the show cold turkey. If you do read the books beforehand, you'll know what's coming, since the show is as faithful as possible, so I guess it depends what method you're most comfortable in.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There are quite a few that I haven't watched that are either huge shows or highly acclaimed shows.

Mad Men
Scrubs
The Sopranos
Lost (Watched five minutes of an episode and was so bored that I had to switch it off)
Prison Break
Boardwalk Empire
Modern Family
Two and a Half Men
NCIS LA (Even though I have watched every season of NCIS)
The Mentalist
Lie To Me
Anything to do with Vampires (so Buffy, Angel, True Blood etc.)

There are probably more but that is all I can think of at the moment.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
glee
house
scrubs
all csis
all ncis
the good wife
2 half men
how i met your mother
amazin race.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well, keep in mind, I didn't go into it with expectations like that, I came in not knowing what to expect, but after a while, it became the only thing I was able to focus on. It's an absolutely genius show. I think it's just as amazing as Mass Effect, but I think you might be a little more fanatical about ME than even me, which is saying a lot. It's for sure the best thing on tv. The author of the series has gotten pretty much every piece of praise you can imagine heaped on him by anyone who matters. And yes, my username is from the show. Don't worry, it's not a spoiler.

I do agree with Gee that you shouldn't buy it unless you know it, that's a rule I have with all tv. Not to mention, it comes out on ME 3 day, so you'll be waiting like 6 months to watch it, lol. Getting the episodes online is a quick, efficient way to watch it. Here's the site I use.

LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added

Just click on Tv Shows, type in the name of the show and click on it. There's no downloading, it's just click on a link, let it load and watch, some links are better than others, though, and some don't even work. If you can find ones that say they're from Putlocker or Sockshare, those are the best, highest quality ones. Don't bother looking at the stars, they mean nothing. You can find any show you want on there, I watch everything there now. Oh, and when you see something that says "episode 0" or something like that, that's not an episode, it's a promotional video for the show.

Now there's always a whole thing about is it better if you read the books first, or to watch the show first, personally, I don't think you NEED to read the book to get into the show. In fact, the show was what got me into reading the books. I started doing it side by side, so I would say that you can go into the show cold turkey. If you do read the books beforehand, you'll know what's coming, since the show is as faithful as possible, so I guess it depends what method you're most comfortable in.
Thanks dude, I'll definitely check it out. If I like the show, I'll consider reading the books. That's usually how it goes for me anyways, lol.

DR JUPES

Reaction score
There's some i've been meaning to say but never got around to. Here's a lists though.

Breaking Bad
The Wire (actually i've just started watching it but yeah)
Game of Thrones (this is one i really don't feel inclined to watch either but idk why)
True Blood

There are other popular shows that i just don't hear about living in the UK and that's why they're not mentioned. These are the ones i hear a lot about.

Reaction score
Thanks dude, I'll definitely check it out. If I like the show, I'll consider reading the books. That's usually how it goes for me anyways, lol.

If you need a stream to watch it, let me know. I have a bunch that I use. :D I don't mind rewatching season 1 so if you want, we can watch it together.

I have noticed that some people have mentioned True Blood. Don't watch it; it isn't a good show. I highly recommend Breaking Bad to anyone that hasn't watched it. It's terrific.

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett

No problem. :)

If you're gonna get into the show, I suggest becoming familiar with the characters first. It helps, so you might want to watch these videos to know who these people are beforehand. They give you some backstory and who the people are to make things go easier. There's nothing crucial in the videos, there's not any spoilers or crap like that, but it's sort of like a guide.

[youtube]w4dqsoTsIYA&[/youtube]

[youtube]8y8Q435LcOs[/youtube]

[youtube]dJm1Wicp4Dw&[/youtube]

[youtube]QmxRIgBtThk[/youtube]

[youtube]Jxb_Tq6ntfQ[/youtube]

I apologize for the last 2, they don't have a high quality version of them available for whatever reason.