Television Series News (Pickups and Cancellations)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
- The Goldbergs have been picked up for season 9

- Brooklyn Nine-Nine final season will air after the Summer Olympics in August which will only have 10 episodes.

- Law and Order: Organized Crime will be coming back for as econd season

- Black-ish has been picked up for it's 8th and final season

- The Bosch season 7 trailer reveals the Amazon Prime series will release its final eight episodes on June 25, though a spinoff is on the way.

- Cobra Kai's 4th season will be coming in late 2021

- This Is Us will be ending with season 6

Here are some cancelled shows

Prodigal Son, All Rise, The Unicorn, American Housewife, Rebel, Mixed-ish, For Life, Call Your Mother

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Prodigal Son im surprised it got the axe

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I had no idea Bosch was nearing Season 7. I don't have Prime at the moment but I've always considered watching it because I like Cop shows and it has good ratings.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Prodigal Son im surprised it got the axe

Me too man I hope they find a new home. The Dynamic of a Serial Killer Father and his Son trying to solve Cases and juggle all of that was great. I thought the arc they had with the Surgeon getting out could of went longer but I can see now with the news why it went the way it went. Dani was my favorite on the Show and it sucks she gets Bright to come out of his Shell and display his feelings for her then he dips to go save his Dad.

Reactions: King Kota

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
‘Evil,’ ‘SEAL Team’ Officially Leaving CBS for Paramount Plus

Both “Evil” and “SEAL Team” are officially moving off of CBS and heading to streamer Paramount Plus.

With the move, “SEAL Team” has officially been renewed for a fifth season. “Evil” was renewed for Season 2 in September 2019 but has yet to air.

Variety reported on “SEAL Team” making the move to Paramount Plus last week and reported on “Evil” on Monday, though the deals were not closed at that time. Along with “SEAL Team,” freshman CBS drama “Clarice” is also expected to be renewed for Season 2 and move to Paramount Plus, but according to an individual with knowledge of the situation, deals are still being negotiated.

“Our Studio and Network have a strong track record of developing high-quality dramas that have multiplatform success, and these series speak to that strength,” said George Cheeks, president & CEO of the CBS Entertainment Group. “These moves mark another example of how our linear and streaming ecosystem can strategically work together to maximize value for the content and benefit the series and its creators.”[/quote]

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Glad to hear we're still on schedule to get the fourth season of Cobra Kai this year since we had to wait so long between season 2 and 3 with it switchin' platforms. I could still see it gettin' pushed back to early next year though.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
TBS Renews ‘Wipeout’ & ‘Chad’ For Season 2; TruTV Orders Up More ‘Fast Foodies’

TBS has renewed its rookie series Wipeout and Chad for second seasons, and fellow Turner cable net TruTV is going back for seconds on Fast Foodies.

The announcements were made during Turner’s upfront presentation today.

Wipeout, the obstacle-course competition series that TBS revived this year, is hosted by John Cena and Nicole Byer, with Camille Kostek as the field host. It features new format twists and elements that test the willpower of each contestant pairing, while delivering more than a few epic fails. Produced by Endemol Shine North America, Wipeout premiered in April as the No. 1 unscripted series on cable, Turner said.

Single-camera comedy Chad follows the eponymous 14-year-old pubescent Persian boy (Nasim Pedrad) as he navigates his first year of high school on a mission to become popular. Chad’s friendships and sanity are pushed to the limits as he uses every tactic at his disposal to befriend the cool kids, while enduring his mother’s new dating life and reconciling with his cultural identity. TBS bills it as the No. 1 comedy on cable. Pedrad also created and exec produces the series.

Fast Foodies features Top Chef winners Kristen Kish and Jeremy Ford and Iron Chef winner Justin Sutherland competing to perfectly re-create and then skillfully reimagine a celebrity guest’s favorite fast-food dish. Season 1 featured celebrity guests Joel McHale, James Van Der Beek, Bobby Lee, and Andy Richter. The series is produced by Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Shed Media.

Elsewhere at the Turner upfront today, TruTV announced the new competition series Backyard Bar Wars, which will premiere at 10:30 p.m. July 8, following the midseason return of Impractical Jokers at 10. It also announced the Impractical Jokers Awards Show, which celebrates top moments from the 200-plus episodes of the Tenderloins’ hidden-camera series.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
'Wheel of Time' Gets Early Season 2 Renewal by Amazon

Amazon is doubling down on “Wheel of Time,” giving the fantasy series a very early Season 2 renewal. The series, which is based on Robert Jordan’s best-selling novels, just finished production on its debut season in the Czech Republic.

The series does not yet have a premiere date.

Rosamund Pike stars as the series’ central character, Moiraine, a member of a powerful all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, who “embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn, who will either save or destroy humanity.”

The cast includes Madeleine Madden, Marcus Rutherford, Barney Harris, Zoë Robins, Josha Stradowski, Alvaro Morte, Hammed Animashaun, Alexandre Willaume, Sophie Okonedo, Kae Alexander and Johann Myers.

Ordered to series in 2018 as an Amazon Studios-Sony Pictures Television co-production, “Wheel of Time” is being adapted for television by “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s” Rafe Judkins, who will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Larry Mondragon and Rick Selvage of Red Eagle Entertainment, Ted Field and Mike Weber of Radar Pictures, Darren Lemke, Marigo Kehoe and Uta Briesewitz will also serve as executive producers. Briesewitz is set to direct the first two episodes.

“The belief Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television have shown in ‘The Wheel of Time’ has been incredible to see throughout the entire process of making this show. Getting a second season order before the first season has even premiered is such a vote of confidence in the work we are doing and the property itself, and we couldn’t be happier to be able to continue to live and work in the world Robert Jordan created,” showrunner and executive producer Rafe Judkins said. “This property is one I’ve loved since I was a teenager, and seeing it brought to life with the resources to make it truly worthy of what’s on the page is something I can’t wait for the other fans of the books to see. And Season 2 just keeps expanding the world we built in Season 1.”

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler